How bad does it suck??

Guest Damar Stiehl

It doesn't suck at all. After reading the bug threads on the X-box forums, I am thankful for my own resolution to wait for the PC version.

It doesn't suck at all.  I am glad I didn't waste the money.  Thank god that LA used the US X boxers as the beta testers.

:wacko:

Not a good start... not a good start at all... :wacko:

He look Darque has a little beret on very nice, and unless they totally change the game for pc, its going to suck just as bad as it did on xbox, save your money

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

How bad does it suck not having Kotor 2 when XBOX users have had it for some days now?  I wouldn't know since I have XBOX!!  So I was wondering how bad it sucked not being able to play it when you know that others are thoroughly enjoying it?

The good news is that it sucked worse to pay for an unfinished product. The bad news is that unless they release a different game it's going to suck on the PC as well.

Call me paranoid but I feel negative vibes.... o:)

One question...what are Xbox players doing on the PC forum, aside from whining?

And to answer the original question, it doesn't suck too bad. Plenty of other games to play till TSL is released in February, hopefully with some fixes to the reported bugs and other issues.

First of all, despite the fact that this thread was obviously made with the intention of starting a flame war, everyone should really stop bitching. This is why I'm never coming back to these forums unless there's replies in a topic I'm in - theres no discussion of the game, only bitching. For all the PC users out there, don't go by the average whiny Xbox user post. I for one have never experienced any of the "game-stopping" bugs even once in any of my three playthroughs of KOTOR 2. If you are basing your decision of whether or not to buy this game on these people, then you're just being foolish. Try it for yourself and form your own opinions. While some parts may seem unfinished this is still an excellent game. Go read professional reviews - the fair GameSpot review gave this game an 8.5 out of 10, one of the lowest scores I've seen the game get, which should tell you something (funny there's no mention of such disastrous bugs in any reviews?).

I'll state the obvious : It sucks not having KotOR 2 for PC. However, since its coming out in a month, I don't see the point of moaning and whining about it not being here. For X-BOX users : I don't see the point of gloating about it because we'll have better graphics, performance and... QUICKER LOAD TIMES.

On the one hand, it's quite frustrating.

On the other hand, it's quite entertaining to watch X-Box users whine about bugs that are probably caused by their console's poor hardware.

heh, I think most of the Xbox complainers are grossly exagerating things to be honest!

I have played through it 8 times now and other then the rare lock up and a few frame rate slow downs I really didnt run into any game effecting bugs.

Most of the "Bug" things ive read are just people not reading the storyline as they go along and wanting everything handed to them rather then exploring and learning the game to be honest!

Read a post other day where guy was whining about Telos and Nar Shadaar being bugged, of his 5 complaints not one of them were a actual bug. He just didnt bother trying to figure out the quests is all.

How bad does it suck not having Kotor 2 when XBOX users have had it for some days now?  I wouldn't know since I have XBOX!!  So I was wondering how bad it sucked not being able to play it when you know that others are thoroughly enjoying it?

I didn't read this thread, but does anyone else see the drastic transformation of him now?

On XMAS, he had a hardon about thoroughly enjoying it, and now, he's one of the biggest haters this forum has to offer... I don't disagree with him mind you, but it's just amusing to see someone praise then hate, all in a few days time.

heh, I think most of the Xbox complainers are grossly exagerating things to be honest!

I have played through it 8 times now and other then the rare lock up and a few frame rate slow downs I really didnt run into any game effecting bugs.

Most of the "Bug" things ive read are just people not reading the storyline as they go along and wanting everything handed to them rather then exploring and learning the game to be honest!

Read a post other day where guy was whining about Telos and Nar Shadaar being bugged, of his 5 complaints not one of them were a actual bug. He just didnt bother trying to figure out the quests is all.

Nobody is telling you to hate the game, but please, stop spreading false rumors that the Xbox version has no game effecting bugs, and that the bugs people are experiencing are because they aren't talking to NPC's.

I don't think he's suggesting there are no bugs, just that many of them have been exaggerated. Also, it is possible to misunderstand the storyline, as english is notorious as a language for ambiguity (though I agree, for so many people to misunderstand is suprising). I'll have to wait and play the game for myself before I give any concrete opinions on the actual game.

It doesn't suck that bad not having KotOR II for PC.....what really sucks alot is that Obsidian promised they where going to release the PC and XBOX versions simultaniously and then lied.

If anything that is what sucks the most.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

It doesn't suck that bad not having KotOR II for PC.....what really sucks alot is that Obsidian promised they where going to release the PC and XBOX versions simultaniously and then lied.

If anything that is what sucks the most.

So you would like a buggy PC version too? Isn't one buggy version of the game enough for you? :ermm:"

So you would like a buggy PC version too? Isn't one buggy version of the game enough for you? :("

A buggy game can always be fixed by a patch, however what I would perfer would be a delay of both versions untill the bugs are fixed.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

You see, I am a deprived (said entirely in jest) 14 year old whose parents won't let him buy an xbox even if he saves the money himself. AND WAITING SUCKS **** ***** **** **** (expletives deleted)

First XBOX swoops in and buys out Bungie and makes those of us without xbox's wait TWO YEARS for Halo to come out for PC AAAAUUUGH.

and now halo 2 is out and we presumably have to wait another TWO YEARS for IT to come out on PC.

And the extra 2-3 months we have to wait for KOTOR II is just another twist in the knife.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I HATE MICROSOFT

actually i take that back, for I am afraid bill gates will use his godly powers to somehow smote me thusly

The only vindication i can find is that Half-life 2 is not out for xbox

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*victory*

The only vindication i can find is that Half-life 2 is not out for xbox

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*victory*

Always got to look on the bright side. Besides, even if HL2 was ported to the XBOX or PS2, it would have A LOT of framerate issues so it probably wont happen or not until XBOX2 or PS3 is out meaning THEY HAVE TO WAIT (the suckers).