To the devs: about consoles

Mr. Teatime

This is not flame bait, though I can see it easily being seen as such. I was wondering how the Obsidian developers see developing a game for consoles as well as PC. Do you see it as a compromise to get your 'name on the map' and get more money? Something of a sell out to the PC RPGs you're best known and respected for? An inevitable step? This was sparked off by reading the gamespot article about independent devs, and Feargus saying wanting more control over the company's direction.... I assumed going console as well as PC was a choice forced upon Obsidian by the current gaming market (or bioware) rather than a choice 'well do we want console, or PC, or both for this RPG?'

If I had a perfect world I'd want Obsidian to develop PC RPGs only, I was wondering if this is the opinion of Obsidian or if they don't see the 'divide' between console and PC and it's an artistic decision rather than material one (ask Deus Ex Invisible War if there's no divide....)

Gamespot article: http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6089358.html

I don't own any console systems, don't want one either but I see why companies want to produce games for them.

Consoles games are easily accessible and they sell better than an average pc game but the level of depth in story is IMO quite apalling on the console side. I can't change how the gamebusines works but I can wait untill consoles become more PC-like when perhaps we may get more depth in multiplatform releases.

Agh! Who am I kidding. Make it PC only or I won't buy it damnit! :angry: