just bought lionheart

roshan

Just remember, you can actually finish the whole game without combat.  Freaky game, though.

In one of my runs, I decided not to engage in a huge end battle.  I managed to resolve the conflict without violence.  That was good.

Err, you mean the fact that you can

convince the end boss to depart without combat

? Otherwise, there'll be quite a bit of combat in the game sooner or later - especially the later part of it...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I bought it, played it for about an hour, and then it sat on my HD for about 2 months while I tried to convince myself to play more of it. I just never got into it, the combat was boring, and from what I read the beginning was the best part and I didn't even like it that much. No, thanks. Uninstalled.

You can either persuade or sneak past virtually everyone in the game. I don't think you must fight anyone in the game.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I hope not. I rather like the special system and I don't trust Fallout 3 to use it. I have to say, Eldar Scrolls 4 looks quite sweet.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Oblivion does look breathtaking. And believe it or not, I'm playing Morrowind and enjoying it.

I've installed several mods, but most of them just tweak a few rules, fix dialogue, and improve textures.

What's surprising me is how fast the game loads and runs on maximum graphics. I wouldn't want Fallout to be like Morrowind, but Bethseda did do a few things right with Morrowind. So long as Fallout doesn't have this "increase skills through repetition" thing going, they might make a decent Fallout game.

At the very least, I expect it to be visually stunning.

I haven't said yet they'll make a true Fallout.  I haven't said they'll make a fun Fallout.

They might however, get a few things right.  They might also introduct Fallout to a new audience.

They tried that with FOT and FOPOS and those games were FAILURES!. I think they should go back to the old audience.

BOS is better than FOT. It was actually fun in an actiony way. In some ways it was better than BGDA2. I'll probably buy it when it lowers in price - too short o pay full. FOT was ultimately unfilling and I regret that purchase even though I paid like $10 for it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• 2 weeks later...

Strange that Bethsoft doesn't seem to be doing anything with the Fallout license, one would think that they would be giving it more attention than they currently have. I guess that the temper tantrum that the rabid fanboys threw last time made them think twice about the wisdom of getting the license.

Or maybe they're working on a game based on the license, but haven't gotten far enough yet to publicly announce it. It's not like I think they're going to let that very expensive license go to waste just because some fanboys whine.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!