just bought lionheart

roshan

I don't mind the conecpt of lionheart. If it was less like diablo (poser RPG) and more like, say, a real game it would've been better. (I thought the choosing of spirits was a nice touch. The chaos one was so sarcastic. Wonderfully sarcastic.)

Fnord.

Diablo was much better than Lionheart. I actually like Lionheart, though, in all it's terribly, terribly flawed glory.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hey, it's christmas. I'm sure we've all made some strange (and sometimes regrettable) purchases in the last couple of days. Of course, he's the only one who will wake up with a hang-over in jan. 1:st 2005, screaming "MY GOD!! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!"..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Umm. That's "Planescape: Torment" you're thinking of there. One of the few and far between games that makes people, gasp, think!

Lionheart had great potential. I replayed it a few times (through the general suckiness lack of a fun RPG and suddenly became ACTION ACTION ACTION THERE GOES YOUR DIALOG SKILLS ARR!)

...All this from the woman who goes around beating people with a crowbar in half-life. Ah, well. Sometimes action is more fun, but in the case of RPGs where you don't have real direct control over the action, it is quite horrible indeed.

Viva la dialog and stealth!

Fnord.

Lionheart had great potential. I replayed it a few times

This deserves a whole new level of respect beyond even roshan's.

And Lionheart *can* change the NATURE of a man.

turn him into a mindless monster, through sheer abscence of mental challenge, with no long term goals of achieving anything beyond completing the next game or watching the newest movie .. turning him into a corporate underdog in the grand scheme of depriving the human race of any free will and ultimately make it a complete slave of consumerism!??

Fortune favors the bald.

I actually liked lionheart...'s character generation and the first dungeon thingie where you woke up. After the initial escape things went really really really downhill.

Oh well, you can try to sell the game on ebay, who knows, someone may mercy buy it from you. :(

Paah!

IMHO, Lionheart had great potiental and some things about it could still be said to be uniquite (for example, Lionheart is one of the few games that allows you to talk yourself out of a fight with the "end boss"), but they still much ruined it by makign the later half of the game too focused on combat -_-

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Lionheart's character generation was ripped out of Fallout. Too bad they junked Fallout's wonderful turn-based combat.

In Lionheart, combat is lame, you have even less control over party members than you did in Fallout, and the game becomes a chore after a few hours in.

The Barcelona maps/quests were fun. Then the game takes a nose-dive.

I pre-ordered Lionheart, installed it and have yet to even make it to the character generation screen. I have no idea why I bought this game, a total waste of money. :thumbsup:

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I have no idea why I bought this game, a total waste of money. :thumbsup:

Impluse? Nothing better to do, perhaps? Wanting to confirm if what people say are true or not...?

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I have no idea why I bought this game, a total waste of money. :thumbsup:

Impluse? Nothing better to do, perhaps? Wanting to confirm if what people say are true or not...?

Either that or I was a shameless BIS fanboy who bought anything they put out, even if it was crap. :shifty:

But, yes, even though people were hacking on it I thought maybe they might be wrong and it would be good. I liked the premise.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Either that or I was a shameless BIS fanboy who bought anything they put out, even if it was crap. :)

But, yes, even though people were hacking on it I thought maybe they might be wrong and it would be good. I liked the premise.

Heh. Well, good luck in any case. Report back when you have played it yourself and has an impression on if our hacking on it being unjustified or not :).

Just remember, you can actually finish the whole game without combat. Freaky game, though.

In one of my runs, I decided not to engage in a huge end battle. I managed to resolve the conflict without violence. That was good.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!