So....I'm gonna replay the Baldur's Gate series.

From Baldur's Gate clear to Throne of Bhaal, with everything in-between. Enough time has past that I should be able to derive enjoyment from them again. Hopefully.

Any recommended mods or other such nifty stuff I should download?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

There was this mod which allowed you to have everyone's favorite evil bondage wizard, Jon Irenicus himself, in your party for ToB. It featured a subplot around Jon and long and deep dialogues with him. The mod added at least one new sidequest that I can remember, plus Irenicus-party and Irenicus-NPC banter & squabbling. It also tweaked the last part of ToB (final battle and dialogues) and added Irenicus to the character 'slideshow' depending on your actions. Pretty good mod if you ask me.

I don't remember the mod's name but I can look it up for you if you'd like to take a look. :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'd check most mods on Gibberlings Three and Pocketplane Group.

There are many great mods, ranging from pure rule modifications to new well-developed NPCs and additional content like new and altered quests for both parts.

For Baldur's Gate I exists the gread Tutu Converter, which converts BG I to the BG II engine, so you can use all new classes, graphics and resolution (you WILL love the BG II walking speed). If you plan to use that, don't forget to download the Tutu Fixpack and the Tutu Tweak Pack.

Oh, and before installing any mods (or before any conversion) make sure to install both Baldurdash fixpacks.

Im thinking of playing bg1 with tutu when i buy a laptop. it will be cool to explore the forests and nice areas in bg1 with higher res graphics. Is tutu buggy or does it work ok?

isnt there an npc banter pack for tutu also?

Tutu is less buggy since the release of the Tutu Fixpack. You might still run into bugs, but I think the showstoppers are gone, so you should be fine playing it. There are still some problems with spawning of monsters, meaning sometimes there will be really difficult ones although you are low-level and do not have a full party. I read that it has something to do that the engine ignores for some reason level and partysize, but you should be fine if you know the IE games and it provides additional challenge.

The banter pack is call BG1 NPC Project and is a really great addition to Tutu. It provides hundreds of dialogues and interjections like in BGII and makes the NPCs FAR more interesting. Highly recommendable. You can get it at Gibberlings Three.

The banter pack is call BG1 NPC Project and is a really great addition to Tutu. It provides hundreds of dialogues and interjections like in BGII and makes the NPCs FAR more interesting. Highly recommendable. You can get it at Gibberlings Three.

HA! Wow! They actually finished it? I was getting the impression it was a dead project at the time I stopped writing for it.

/me is responsible for the Tiax dialogues and some of the Shar-Teel dialogues. Not my best work (overuse CAPITALS FOR TIAX'S INSANE SHRIEKING) but it's interesting to see it actually come to something releasable to the public. :(

Huh. I had forgotten my Baldur's Gate installation came with a pain-in-the-ass demo for Descent III that you can't cancel out of. How obnoxious can you get?

Well, in any case, thanks for the suggestions. :-

I'm downloading TuTu as I write, regardless of it's distinctly unmasculine name. I had noticed it before, but never tried it because I was worried about bugs; it sounds like most of that is a thing of the past now, though.

I had a couple of bugs cropping up during a runthrough of Tutu. So, I did a reinstall, but the reinstall randomized all the sounds in the game somehow, and I couldn't continue. Although I could have started over, I didn't want to start again at that point.

I will do so eventually, though. The extra dialogues were awesome.

There are quite a few BG2 mods. Do yourself a favor and really read about them before installing them and make sure you understand what you're getting. Most use the WeiDU technology, which makes them play well together. And the Baldurdash fixes are included in some of the packages.

Soulafein and Kelsey NPCs are awesome, but remember, if you're playing through for the first time, the stock NPCs are great too. The additions add a lot of replay value, but you might not need or want it all the first time. And some of the mods that make for tougher fights aren't for the first timer either. But practical things like infinite stacking are a must as your inventories get very messy as you go along.