Fastest route to obtain Light Saber (Spoilers!!)

Spoiler Warning!! Proceed at your own Risk!

I'm sure this is common knowledge to many 'veterans' already. Just posting it for those who want to obtain their Saber fast. This is for a MALE PC that is definitely going either Light or Dark Side. If you plan to be Neutral, then stop reading lol. It could possibly work with a Female PC, but I haven't experimented with it yet.

The method below allows you to obtain your 1st and 2nd Saber relatively quickly, and literally within minutes of each other. Following this method will enable you to have 2 Light Sabers at the 10-12th Level mark. Apart from some unknown easter egg that may or may not exist, this is the fastest method...

1. Make sure you gain Dark Side/Light Side points (whichever way you're going) rapidly in Peragus, and Citadel Station. Its important to have enough DS/LS points to get the Cut Scene with Visas prior to leaving Citadel Station. The idea is to trigger Visas' departure to intercept you, early on in the game, in order to snag a Light Saber component from her Saber.

2. You should have obtained a Light Saber component from either Chodo Habat or Lorso once you're through Citadel Station.

3. Upon leaving Telos (Ice Academy), go to Nar Shadda first.

Nar Shadda

4. Head to the Docks, and into the Flop House area. Open the first door you see in front of you. Take a Character with stealth, enter stealth mode and walk towards the two aliens. This will trigger a conversation about Vogga's Treasure Room.

5. Now go to the end of the hallway, and take a left. Open the second door on your left and talk to Lootra. Choose the Dialogue option that allows you to initiate a fight with him. Kill him and loot his corpse, obtaining your second Light Saber component. Note: (If you are Dark Side, and have either Kreia or Handmaiden in your party, you will lose influence with one of them once you kill Lootra. If you only have Atton in your party, you will gain influence with him)

6. Leave the Docks, and head back to the Ebon Hawk. Save your game prior to entering the Ebon Hawk. Once you enter, you will enter a cut scene sequence, and then fight Visas. Defeat her and obtain your 3rd and final Light Saber component, for your first Saber.

7. Have Bao-Dur build your Light Saber. (Cha-Ching!!)

8. Head to the Cantina (Entertainment District) with HandMaiden in your party, and preferably someone with Stealth/Security skills (Atton for example).

9. Once in the Cantina, be sure to stay clear of the Twilek dancers at this time. Take a Character with stealth, enter stealth mode and walk towards two aliens conversing amongst themselves. This will trigger a conversation about Vogga's problems with Goto.

10. Go to the Bartender and ask for Juma Juice. You can either buy it for 100 credits, or Force Persuade him to give it to you for free (if you have that option).

11. Now walk towards the Dancers to trigger the conversation with the male Twilek. Propose that HandMaiden dance for Vogga.

12. Once Vogga is asleep, save your game into a new slot.

13. Pour the Juma Juice into the Kath Hound's bowl. Then enter stealth mode, lock pick the Treasure Chamber Door and loot his containers for your second Light Saber (Cha-Ching!!). If the Saber you loot isn't the type you want, reload your saved game and try again. Its random each time.

Its important to follow this chronologically. If you attempt to loot Vogga's containers for the Light Saber before you already have one, there will be nothing in the chamber to loot.

Now that you have 2 Light Sabers, you can leave Nar Shadda and head to your target planet, or stay and complete that planet. Personally, I leave Nar Shadda immediately and head to Dantooine to get Crystals for my newly acquired Sabers.

- dr cloak

I never had a lightsaber when fighting Visas and could never loot anything from her...

Extremely strange indeed. The loot is always a Saber component that you don't have, and its automatic. Before the scene cuts to Med Bay, the message box appears which lists the component.

Are you absolutely certain no box appears after the fight/dialogue?

- dr cloak

I never had a lightsaber when fighting Visas and could never loot anything from her...

Extremely strange indeed. The loot is always a Saber component that you don't have, and its automatic. Before the scene cuts to Med Bay, the message box appears which lists the component.

Are you absolutely certain no box appears after the fight/dialogue?

- dr cloak

Actually that could be. I'm playing from my hdd, so it loads pretty fast and sometimes I can hear the sound from message boxes popping up, but before I can read it the game loads the next scene straight away, guess that's the timing issue Akari was talking about in the technical forum.

So yeah then it's highly likely that I got a saber component. I'll check it out on my next playthrough. Thanks...

Doesn't Jorran on Dantooine sell you two lightsaber parts for a thousand credits once you save him from the Enclave sublevel (he mentions finding three items: a crystal and two lightsaber parts)? You can just lie to him about killing the creatures in the area if you want to go DS or clear a path if you want to go LS.

Doesn't Jorran on Dantooine sell you two lightsaber parts for a thousand credits once you save him from the Enclave sublevel (he mentions finding three items: a crystal and two lightsaber parts)? You can just lie to him about killing the creatures in the area if you want to go DS or clear a path if you want to go LS.

If you go to Dantooine instead of Nar Shadda, it will cost you more time. Nar Shadda is quicker. If you get the Light Saber parts from Jorran, you have yourself a whopping...one Light Saber. This entails entering the Enclave, killing stuff, finding and altering the Salvager's will, and going back to Khoondra in order to land your second Saber.

In the Nar Shadda method, you're not entering any dungeon and killing stuff. Matter of fact, you're not killing anything to get your 2 Light Sabers, with the exception of one NPC.

Remember the title of the post is "Fastest Route".

- dr cloak

Ah, well, the reason I wondered about Dantooine is because you can just pop into the Enclave, lie to Jorran about clearing out the area to get the two parts from him, and then heading back to your ship to fight Visas for the second lightsaber (since she drops a working lightsaber instead of a lightsaber part if you have a complete lightsaber). Then you can go back into the Enclave to modify the salvager's will for a third lightsaber...

But yeah, that does involve a lot of area hopping, which sucks considering the massive load times :ermm:

Ah, well, the reason I wondered about Dantooine is because you can just pop into the Enclave, lie to Jorran about clearing out the area to get the two parts from him, and then heading back to your ship to fight Visas for the second lightsaber (since she drops a working lightsaber instead of a lightsaber part if you have a complete lightsaber). Then you can go back into the Enclave to modify the salvager's will for a third lightsaber...

But yeah, that does involve a lot of area hopping, which sucks considering the massive load times  :ermm:

The Dantooine method is definitely cleaner, but slower. At any rate, now readers have two options to get their Sabers FAST!!

I remember during my first play through, I was at the 20 hour mark, at level 15, still using a Vibro Sword. That really sucked.

- dr cloak

What is the cut scene with Visas?  Is there another thread that discusses it?

Once you obtain a certain amount of Dark or Light Side points/shifts, a cut scene with Visas will appear, showing her Master dispatching her to track you down.

This scene eventually happens later in the game no matter how many DS/LS points you've acquired. But if you rapidly gain points, it speeds up the process.

To give you a timeline, I usually get the cut scene within 10 minutes of landing in Citadel Station from Peragus.

- dr cloak

I got to it, but much, much later than you did.  How did you accumulate so many LS or DS points on Peragus?

Mosty through Dialogue. You can gain a ton once you leave Citadel Station, enroute to Telos, while onboard the Ebon Hawk.

You also can gain a ton once leaving the Military Academy (Telos) onboard the Ebon Hawk. 'Ton' meaning 5 or 6 LS/DS shifts.

- dr cloak

This part is wrong about Vogga's store room.

If you attempt to loot Vogga's containers for the Light Saber before you already have one, there will be nothing in the chamber to loot.

You will get a part for your lightsaber instead. I've tried it and I know it works.

In fact I'd say the fastest way to get the saber without getting DS points is to go to nar shaddaa. then reenter the hawk when the scene with the Watto wanabe is over to get the Visas Scene. Get your part from her and then go directly to the flop house to start the Voga store room quest.

I think the saber locations are set in this game. What ever site has a saber will instead give you a saber part if you don't already have all three. this includes Voggas store room.

This part is wrong about Vogga's store room.

If you attempt to loot Vogga's containers for the Light Saber before you already have one, there will be nothing in the chamber to loot.

You will get a part for your lightsaber instead. I've tried it and I know it works.

In fact I'd say the fastest way to get the saber without getting DS points is to go to nar shaddaa. then reenter the hawk when the scene with the Watto wanabe is over to get the Visas Scene. Get your part from her and then go directly to the flop house to start the Voga store room quest.

I think the saber locations are set in this game. What ever site has a saber will instead give you a saber part if you don't already have all three. this includes Voggas store room.

Interesting find. If you follow my method, step by step, there won't be any containers in Vogga's Chamber Room. That is why I recommend it in the steps I do. I've tested it many times. But if you have found a more efficient way, great job.

- dr cloak