Happy Holidays

Diogo Ribeiro

Well it's that time of the year again where you dress in red, put on a Santa hat, get drunk and shout random obscenities at kids passing by the streets. Yes, Christmas, or for those that don't celebrate it, it's The Day I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love Consumerism.

While I don't care a whole lot for it (even if, surprisingly, I'm the one who gets more presents around the house), I'd like to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. This year is almost done with, and here's hoping the next one improves on it in every way. Have fun with your family and loved ones, you can never spend too much time with them.

Cheers.

edit: or; How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Consumerism.. great film .. er .. I mean great season/day/whatever

So there will be a texas cowboy riding a neverending wave of presents which will mark the beginning of WW3? never saw it coming .. >_<

but right back at ya .. Happy Christmas all around .. and a Merry New Year ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Oh, and Role-Player, you have a video-camera right? I want footage of your red-suited drunken marauding.

=]

:( That's funny, in the sense I don't recall ever mentioning that here (I only brought it up at the Codex and at Missy's, I think), but I could be wrong :)

In any case, I'm sorry to disapoint you Phosphor, but I did not filmed myself doing something embarassing :p I might, one of these days, and if that turns out to be the case, I promise I'll show it off :)

Your voice is quite a bit deeper than I had imagined. Quite a nice effort on your part. I especially appreciate that your voice didn't cry for momma when you produced some volume. The dynamics were well done.

I notice that you sang a cappella but you did tweak the effects. I especially liked that you sounded as if you were singing in a large auditorium.

At any rate, you're an interesting atheist, Mr. Sawyer.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Your voice is quite a bit deeper than I had imagined.  Quite a nice effort on your part.  I especially appreciate that your voice didn't cry for momma when you produced some volume.  The dynamics were well done.

I notice that you sang a cappella but you did tweak the effects.  I especially liked that you sounded as if you were singing in a large auditorium.

Thanks, but my voice sounded pretty bad on the day that was recorded. I had a throat infection and a stuffed head. It took six or seven takes just to get through the song, and it wound up sounding uneven, poorly supported, and kind of nasal. It was for my nephew in Germany, but since he's about nine months old, he probably won't criticize it too much.

I wasn't really a big fan of the reverb. The audio engineer put that in. It's actually toned down from what he originally set it at. However, I can't complain too much, since it does cover up a lot of the errors.

Producing volume is actually pretty easy. Singing softly, well-supported, is difficult. Hell, if I had to sing that whole song at the volume of the first "Schlaf in himmlischer ruh", it would have been a lot easier.

Hey, don't blame me for finding good things to say for your effort, dammit. :eldar'swrygrin: I try to find something good to say about artwork, websites, etc. that folks put in these fora. Why not find the good for a song?

It's true, though, it's harder to sing softly than it is to singly loudly. Nevertheless, I was impressed. You obviously cared about it, and I think it says something of anyone who takes the effort to produce something and post it for other folks to enjoy. That you made it for your nephew is even more impressive. Folks want to compliment you? Say thanks. :)

I agree with the reverb, though. You should appreciate that the reverb is in there. It's almost like sepia tone photographs. The effect makes the whole song sound as if it's a live recording from a lare auditorium.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!