New Knights v Old Knights

I just watched the original trilogy and...

The Exile and Revan would have wiped the floor with Vader and Palpatine at the same time.

I mean, crap. Palpatine zapped Luke with a little bit of force lightning, but the exile would have been zapping every body and every thing in about a 2 mile radius for like ~150 damage.

C'mon! Master Speed? Just nasty. Force Enlightenment? Palpatine's head would have been chopped clean off. I mean, Palpatine was a manipulative bastard but Nihilus can destroy whole planets, no Death Star required. I bet Vader would totally fail his save against stasis field, or even kill, and definitely force crush. Who's choking who now, Vader! Ha!

There is this one part...

on Korriban, when Kreia says that compared to the old masters, "we are as children playing with toys,"

I think the same applies to Revan and the Exile vs Luke, Vader, and Co. Not Yoda though, Yoda is hard core.

:(

I love the way everyone's always sticking up for our little guy, Yoda - Right on! :p

But accoding to Kreia's comment, wouldn't that mean the likes of Revan, The Exile, Kreia & co. also get their asses handed to them by the ancient Sith Lords - Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, Ludo Kressh, Tulak Hord etc. ? :(

manthing2.jpg

Revan, Exar Kun, Palpatine, Yoda, Luke, Anakin, the Exile, Ulic Qel-Droma - these were the most powerful force users.

Yoda was strong, but Luke became a Jedi Master too, and he overcame Yoda, even though Yoda was dead at the time. Luke could even teleport with the Force. Face it, he's the son of the Chosen One. He lived 100 years.

I still believe Revan to be there in the highest top, he and Luke, and Palpatine.

Revan, Exar Kun, Palpatine, Yoda, Luke, Anakin, the Exile, Ulic Qel-Droma - these were the most powerful force users.

Yoda was strong, but Luke became a Jedi Master too, and he overcame Yoda, even though Yoda was dead at the time. Luke could even teleport with the Force. Face it, he's the son of the Chosen One. He lived 100 years.

I still believe Revan to be there in the highest top, he and Luke, and Palpatine.

Revan's the Man, baby! :cool:

But where'd you get the Luke info from BTW?

manthing2.jpg

I think it's in the books, not sure. Though I did read at the official site (most likely in the EU part) that he lived to be 100 years old, along with Leia.

Still we have to realize he became more powerful than Yoda ever was. Yoda is overrated just because he can jump his green butt off.

It is stupid to make such comparisons. In KotOR 1 and KotOR 2 you hae a ridiculous level progression that makes any sort of comparison worthless. The Emperor was 19th level when the movie ended. Darth Vader was 18th. Luke himself was around 13th to 15th..

What was the Exile at at the game's end? Freaking 25+ in the spand of a few months in game time while it took years for the others to get that high of level.

Get some freaking perspective people. :-

I could theoretically argue that Palpatine is at level 298...and he would A.) Block any force attack Revan or the Exile could attempt and B.) Obliterate Revan or the Exile with a single attack due to the fact that Palpatine does 1600 points of damage per round....BUT, I can't back that up and noone can object to it..due to the fact that the movies and video games are completely different and cannot be compared. :thumbsup:

I could theoretically argue that Palpatine is at level 298...and he would A.) Block any force attack Revan or the Exile could attempt and B.) Obliterate Revan or the Exile with a single attack due to the fact that Palpatine does 1600 points of damage per round....BUT, I can't back that up and noone can object to it..due to the fact that the movies and video games are completely different and cannot be compared.  :thumbsup:

That would make Vader and Luke the men. Taking all that damage from Emperor. :p

That would make Vader and Luke the men.  Taking all that damage from Emperor. :thumbsup:

That's what being the father of the man/man who is named after George Lucas all about!

You can't die until the end of the movies. . .or until some other writer kills you off.

Fnord.

Typical gamer ranting. There are no way you can compare a game with seriously exagerrated force powers and such to the movies. I mean, in the jedi knight games you're a walking noe-man army taking out entire bases on your own. But yes, I have to admit the old jedi from the TOTJ era would make Palps go out like a punk. The fact that there are still 11 forms of saber combat around this time is another clue many knowledge of the old order went lost and was not known of in the movie era. That's also why jedi are only human in the movies and are killed so easy. Yoda is the most powerful jedi around this time but around the time of KOTOR there is another member of his species that seems to be on par with the others, suggesting that the jedi were far more powerful int his era, especially the humans, who have become easy targets in the prequel era. That's all I have to say.

The Rakata lost the force, too. Should it be the same with the other species?

Naa...It's just the thing of knowledge. 4000 years of war between sith and Jedi had to wipe the most knowledge of using the force out of history.

Imagine what we in the real world could have, if we never had wars and put all our energy in science: First, a war kills people with knowledge(in StarWars Jedi-Masters and Sith-Lords), then much more people who can work will die or become soldiers.

That's the degeneration that war causes. Everyone who knows battletech, knows what I mean: Comstar was the temple of knowledge, in the past of this sci-fi-universe, then all the wars came and they lost a lot of knowledge about medicine, machines, electrics, and of course: weapons.

But that's enough of another sci-fi. What I wanted to say is, that some people who are killed, can't give their knowledge to the next generation. Here come the Rakata agein: Warlords, slavery...and what was in the end: primitives.

Einstein once said, he wouldn't know, with what kind of weapons the humans would fight in the third world-war, but he knows, that the fourth world-war would be fought with sticks and stones.

The force the new Jedis/Siths are using, are the stones and sticks, compared to the old force-masters.

It is stupid to make such comparisons.  In KotOR 1 and KotOR 2 you hae a ridiculous level progression that makes any sort of comparison worthless.  The Emperor was 19th level when the movie ended.  Darth Vader was 18th.  Luke himself was around 13th to 15th..

What was the Exile at at the game's end?  Freaking 25+ in the spand of a few months in game time while it took years for the others to get that high of level.

Get some freaking perspective people.  :(

How many people truly know or care about those levels those comparisons are based on some game I believe they are talking mostly story wise. :geek:

It is stupid to make such comparisons.  In KotOR 1 and KotOR 2 you hae a ridiculous level progression that makes any sort of comparison worthless.  The Emperor was 19th level when the movie ended.  Darth Vader was 18th.  Luke himself was around 13th to 15th..

What was the Exile at at the game's end?  Freaking 25+ in the spand of a few months in game time while it took years for the others to get that high of level.

Get some freaking perspective people.  :(

Luke barely had any real training a few hours with ben in ANH a little in esb and rotj wih yoda doubt even a months worht and in KOTOR timeline jedi are stronger and in their peak and the exile and Revan had more jedi experience and training to draw on even more sith to talk to if playing DS

The nature of the natural world is that the strong survive, thus the more time jedi and sith fighting each other, the more powerful the survivers would become.

Don't let stupid writing cloud your judgement, if Vader ever went up against someone with say, I don't know, a force cannon for an arm, after he stopped laughing he would wipe the floor with them, and then kill Kevin J. Anderson for bastardizing star wars ^_^

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

realistically though the fact that there are hundreds of Jedi in kotor means there are hundreds of minds to draw on, ie in real world who is more likely to be more skilled with martial arts a person that only trains with one person or someone that draws on the experience of many masters and texts the old jedi had many masters and chronicles and records to draw on, all the new guys had is one or two masters of their alignment

realistically though the fact that there are hundreds of Jedi in kotor means there are hundreds of minds to draw on, ie in real world who is more likely to be more skilled with martial arts a person that only trains with one person or someone that draws on the experience of many masters and texts the old jedi had many masters and chronicles and records to draw on, all the new guys had is one or two masters of their alignment

Then only thing that would matter is who's Kung Fu was better. I'd say the person who can focus and master a single form is much better off then one who *dabbles* in a bunch of forms.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

ok not multiple forms but some one who was taught one form from multiple people and practised on multiple people would be superior to someone that fought only one person as they would only be used to fighting against the same sort of strategies but someone that practices and learns from multiple people and maybe even masters more than one style would be able to adapt quicker and have better ability to think on their feet.

Luke barely had any real training a few hours with ben in ANH a little in esb and rotj wih yoda doubt even a months worht and in KOTOR timeline jedi are stronger and in their peak and the exile and Revan had more jedi experience and training to draw on even more sith to talk to if playing DS

The point here is that of course Revan and the Exile would be more powerful because of the level and power framework of the games. Rampant leveling and uber-munchkin style gameplay will do that.

Master Vandar (the guy that looks like Yoda) died on the Katarr world, I believe. Nihilus killed them all.

I hate how Yoda's race and he himself is so overrated.

Also, I think the most powerful persons were the ones that had their big tombs in KOTOR 1 and 2, (on Korriban AND Dxun) when it comes to Dark side, Revan as well, though Revan could have been Light as well, it depends on what you want.

Luke and Anakin and Yoda were among the most powerful Light siders, Mace Windu seemed badass as well, but I don't he could beat Revan.

And look, the games let you progress so fast because you are always some special case - Revan already had the powers, but they slowly decreased, but when he started increasing his power again it went faster, seeing as he had already had it once. It's only the first time ever that takes the longest, most likely.

And the Exile:

he/she drew upon others. The people the Exile knew and had formed bonds with. Otherwise, the Exile is deaf within the Force. The death of so many at Malachor 5 caused this. The Exile was a wound in the Force.

If half the people who posted here read the Books or something then you would learn that Mace Windu indeed was a badass... even Yoda couldnt hide his feelings from him. But that was through training, not through force potential.

I cant remember who said it but they are right, "survival of the fittest".

the only problem with that is that the force is like the air we breath. Some places there are higher concerntrations and it moves freely throughout the galaxy. Depending on where a Jedi was or when they were alive then that made them gain more ability to use the force.

Now everyone hates the Midichlorian counts in the new episodes but they are just being ignorant really... it explains why Jedi force powers can diminish and become stronger as, the force is described as i have above in the books. The more Midichlorians you have, the more of that Force you can gather to your will to a certain level and if there is not enough Force persay each midichlorian then the user would intern be weaker.

Palpatine and Vader killed all the Jedi and this somehow damaged the force. Every Jedi that dies takes a part of the force with them through their connection to it. Every Jedi and Sith War slowly killed the force making it weaker and weaker in places all over the galaxy.

Hmm maybe somemore after i realise from peoples posts what parts ive left out and made ambiguous...