Official ToEE patch 3 released

zhuge

Better late than never.

Well, actually, back in the day, people were wondering when, OH WHEN, would a sequel to Pool of Radiance finally be made?

Eventually, POR2 was being made, after so many years. But 'better late than never', people said! The wait would be worth it!

The moral of the story is, Merry Christmas. And pray you don't get POR2 as a present.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

ToEE is one of the great under appreciated D&D games ever released. It has turn based combat, uses the 3.5 ruleset, is challenging and lets you control a party ala BG. If you liked the infinity games then I think you would probably enjoy ToEE.

"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing that is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Which TOEE was challenging? :(

Agreed.

Neither TOEE, nor Po0r2, were up to IWD2 standards. Let alone PS:T or BG series standards...

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque

ToEE is one of the great under appreciated D&D games ever released.  It has turn based combat, uses the 3.5 ruleset, is challenging and lets you control a party ala BG.  If you liked the infinity games then I think you would probably enjoy ToEE.

I liked the Infinity Engine games but ToEE sucked ass for quite a number of reasons. One being that it got piss poor tech support from Troika and Atari. There are still hundreds of bugs in that game. Next the game had absolutely no story to it whatsoever. I like my CRPGs to have some story to them, even IWD 2 had a better story to it that ToEE. Next the game had major issues at not making any sort of sense. The game references children yet there are NO CHILDREN whatsoever. What the hell is up with that?!?! Another problem withthis game is that it was so freaking easy. Man, there was absolutely no challenge to the game, unless you count all the bugs f**king it up.

I could go on and on but I have wasted enough time on this POS game.

ToEE had a great engine. They implemented the rules quite well.

Too bas the campaign was a bore. Troika needs to dust off the engine and make a real game with it.

I won't install SP2 on my machine, so I don't think I need the patch, but it's nice to see that someone is still supporting the game regardless. People are constantly screaming that neither Troika nor Atari will support anything.

Troika needs to dust off the engine and make a real game with it.

I hope they do, the engine is perfect for an RPG, it just needs a good story.

Though chances are slim, as I gathered that they (Troika) already have a new engine up and running.

If they made as many games as they make engines ... maybe they should license a Bioware Engine sometime -- as these are relatively bug-free. Usually.

:luck::luck::luck:

I haven't tried out TOEE in over a year - do the patches make it more playable? And yeah, I stuck it out 'cause I loved the combat, but near the end I just abused the hell out of the whirlwind attack bug and that was that.

Well, they did a tech demo showing off the new engine for their post-apoc game, but who knows if they'll get a publisher or a budget to actually make that game.

Could they self-finance if Bloodlines sells well enough?

They might be able to (highly doubtful), but they wouldn't 'cause then they wouldn't have anyone to blame when they release another unfinished buggy game.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers