Are you going to buy KOTOR II when it is released?

Are you going to buy KOTOR II when it is released? Or when it gets cheaper?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy KOTOR II when it is released? Or when it gets cheaper?

• When it gets out
    • When it gets cheaper
    • Don't know
    • Not getting it

I have given solutions, Coordinator, its just that Developers tend to ignore them and I do not have the skill to make mods.

I know. Fanboys always have solutions, but developers have only a limited amount of time and money to accomplish the given tasks and be on schedule with their work. Even developers want to implement more things and do better than they previously did, but there are limits what can be done. It does not matter if you develop games, cars or whatnot. Should you ever work for a company that creates a product, then you

Fanboys always have solutions,

You really haven't posted on these forums long have you? :unsure:

Hades isn't a fan of anything :p

No, I spend too much time here already. :p

Hence I wrote about "fanboys" as a genaral note. Because fanboys always want new stuff to be done, and often different than the devs want or can do.

Btw, I never referred to Hades as being a fanboy that

Pirate it first, an dif you like it then buy it.

$50  USD is a lot of money to waste on crap.

:blink:

Right on man! :rolleyes:

"Pirate" is such a harsh word....I prefer to use the term "Try before you buy".

There's a ring to it, isn't there? :("

Technically, a downloaded copy isn't not illegal as long as you don't have it for more than 24 hours. You could however purchase a genuine copy of the game after 24 hours... If I need a game, I just borrow it off of one of my friends who have the game. I'm not wasting my time and risking screwing up my computer downlaoding from bitttorrent, or edonkey (kazaa and other crap don't deserve mention)...

I will try before I buy .. people have given me some warnings about the game, people I know share my opinions! I will however, no matter if I hate it or not, buy the game .. (I know doesn't make sense) but then only when it gets very cheap!

it's just because I don't have alot of money, so when the game comes out the 80$ it's going to cost, I want to make sure isn't thrown out the window, for a game I won't enjoy!

Fortune favors the bald.

Technically, a downloaded copy isn't not illegal as long as you don't have it for more than 24 hours. You could however purchase a genuine copy of the game after 24 hours... If I need a game, I just borrow it off of one of my friends who have the game. I'm not wasting my time and risking screwing up my computer downlaoding from bitttorrent, or edonkey (kazaa and other crap don't deserve mention)...

24 hours is more than enought to finish the game. You just need to do it 24 hours straight. Considering how the average PC game has less than 20 hours of playbility, people could play all games without buying most of them in legality if the agreed to play them restlessly.

Technically, a downloaded copy isn't not illegal as long as you don't have it for more than 24 hours.

No I don't think it's legal to have a downloaded copy at all .. even if it's only 24 hours! but I admit I know nothing of it .. where did you get this information? or is it just something you've heard?

Fortune favors the bald.

Technically, a downloaded copy isn't not illegal as long as you don't have it for more than 24 hours.

No I don't think it's legal to have a downloaded copy at all .. even if it's only 24 hours! but I admit I know nothing of it .. where did you get this information? or is it just something you've heard?

Hmm.... I read somewhere (don't remember where... sorry) that you are NOT ALLOWED to have ROMs or PC Games for more than 24 hours if you do not LEGALLY OWN the software in question...

It's just because I thought that rule applied to music until some time ago, when I read about it, and discovered that copied music is illegal for any amount of time .. so I naturally assumed this applied to games as well! but maybe not, maybe that's why I heard that copied music was allowed for 24 hours .. because games was!

guess I'll have to do my own research then! :(

Fortune favors the bald.

Hmm.... I read somewhere (don't remember where... sorry) that you are NOT ALLOWED to have ROMs or PC Games for more than 24 hours if you do not LEGALLY OWN the software in question...

I think that is true for console ROMs, but I don't think it applies to PC games. Pretty absurd rule anyway.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'll be on the first bus to the shopping center the minute it hits the stores and if I have to miss classes or exams, so be it.

I am with you there buddy.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Actually, when you pre-order it, it gets mailed to your place of residence, right?, if so I am pre-ordering it right now!!!! Although I would very much like a strat guide to go with it...

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I have given solutions, Coordinator, its just that Developers tend to ignore them and I do not have the skill to make mods.

Making mods for KotOR I isn't all that hard depending on what you want to do.

Edited for content

I am not a computer programmer and have no real interest in modding.  The game should be good and challenging without resorting to mods.  Why should I do the developers work for them?

Actually you can do some pretty neat stuff like perhaps if you thought feat progression for a certain class was wrong you can make it so that it is adjusted to your liking.

Edited for content

I am not a computer programmer and have no real interest in modding.  The game should be good and challenging without resorting to mods.  Why should I do the developers work for them?

Actually you can do some pretty neat stuff like perhaps if you thought feat progression for a certain class was wrong you can make it so that it is adjusted to your liking.

Twiddling with a game like that kind of detracts from the experience, I find...

It's good to be able to do it, but the game should "work" without going near such tools.

Honestly guys and gals...here's my opinion,

Well, for one I bought the game for my X-Box because like many, I couldn't wait for this game. Yes I am a Star Wars fan, so rightly I picked up this game thinking that it would be like KOTOR (or even surpass it). In some was it did.

The combat system, IMHO, hands-down beats the original KOTOR. Switching between melee and ranged weapons in the middle of combat, changing lightsaber styles for various opponents...all of that was a welcome change. It made the battles much more interesting.

Unfortunately, I feel the game GREATLY sacrificed the story and plot. There are stories that are introduced and put in your questlog (ala KOTOR 1) that CANNOT BE COMPLETED. I won't name them all, unless you want to visit the Spoliers forum, so please keep this in mind.

This is a rushed game, blame LucasArts for the deadline, so I would HIGH RECOMMEND waiting. Or if you have to, rent the game before you play it. If Obsidian completes more of the game before it is released for the PC, or if they have patches planned, then I would recommend this game.

For myself, I truly hope Obsidian somehow creates a patch for the X-Box version. I don't have X-Box live so I hope they somehow make it where I could play their patch without having to download it.

IMHO, Sith Lords storyline is sorely lacking due to the large plotholes in it. My friends IRL who also purchased this game said that it feels like Obisidian focused too much on the game mechanics and didn't pay enough attention to the storyline. This game has a good and innovative combat system, but this isn't the reason to get the game. If I could go back, I would've waited to pick this game up. LucasArts should have known that Obisidian needed an extension for this game, but it was pushed out the door too early.

Uncompletable quests are good signs of amateurish game design.  They should have removed them completely or finished them.  Tsk, tsk, Chris.  I thought yu were better than that.

After playing K2 for a while, I think I got used to the broken quests...well, except the part where the dialogue options fail to update/journal entries fail to update/or when the quest is rendered incompletable. <_<

manthing2.jpg