Are you going to buy KOTOR II when it is released?

Are you going to buy KOTOR II when it is released? Or when it gets cheaper?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy KOTOR II when it is released? Or when it gets cheaper?

• When it gets out
    • When it gets cheaper
    • Don't know
    • Not getting it

After all that I have read about the game and the xcrappy support obsidian and LA is giving to the US x-boxers I have decided not to get this game.  Maybe next time, Obsidian.

5000+ posts on a board for a company that you do not intend to support or even play their games.. Weird.

Anyhow, I'm getting it as soon as (or before) it gets released here. IT IS MINE TO REVIEW!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I will buy the DVD release for PC if/when there is one. None is planned so far.

The one reason why I would buy the game is because I would like a sequel and buying a game is like voting for a sequel. Too bad Kotor 2's ending doesn't arouse my imagination about what might happen as much as the first one did.

Also considering there won't be any extra polishing or extra content in comparison to the earlier released Xbox version, as a PC gamer I feel a bit cheated and this frustration might have me not buy the game.

I don't know if I am going to buy the game but I know I would if I read a good news for the PC gamers about the upcomming PC version of Kotor 2 (it would be good to know that the PC version is improved over the Xbox version).

5000+ posts on a board for a company that you do not intend to support or even play their games.. Weird.

Don't forget that the majority of those post have probably been spent on rabidly opposing or find flaws with games now in existence -_-.

As for piraticy, I don't thinkt hat's the way it should be. If you don't like a game, then pirating it is not an excuse. Nor is, IMHO, the excuse of "I just want to try it", when i all too often have seen people using that excuse and then play the game many times over to their heart's content and then say a false "Nah, didn't like it", through their playing shows differently, thus often making the "I just wnated to try it"- statement a goddamn lie :angry:. It's better than that they want for the game to become so old that it's cheap as hell - or buy an used version instead.

But... back to topic. I'm gonna buy KOTOR 2 when it gets out, no doubt about it!

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Don't forget that the majority of those post have probably been spent on rabidly opposing or find flaws with games now in existence :sorcerer:.

As for piraticy, I don't thinkt hat's the way it should be. If you don't like a game, then pirating it is not an excuse. Nor is, IMHO, the excuse of "I just want to try it", when i all too often have seen people using that excuse and then play the game many times over to their heart's content and then say a false "Nah, didn't like it", through their playing shows differently, thus often making the "I just wnated to try it"- statement a goddamn lie :angry:. It's better than that they want for the game to become so old that it's cheap as hell - or buy an used version instead.

But... back to topic. I'm gonna buy KOTOR 2 when it gets out, no doubt about it!

Hey Dark Wanderer you somehow pirated my exact thoughts ! Ahem except for buying KOTOR 2 when it gets out that is...

I couldn't resist the temptation and fell to the dark side and bought a Xbox and the game the day it came out. After buying the Xbox I was still planning to buy the game on PC when it would release but somes factors like the huge amount of bugs, the ending, the shallow conversations, the lack of romance and the fact that the PC game will be on many CDs tempered my haste to get the game. I still had a great time playing the game.

There was some great moments on Telos and Nar Shadaa though and those were worth the game's price but as the game progressed some kind of sadness took the place of my initial childish joy as I discovered how everything was rushed and left incomplete.

The game itself is nihilistic: I felt emptied after playing it as if everything I had cared for had gone away leaving no elements for a sequel. I think that is why Darth Nihilus managed to get on the cover of the game's box even if he has a minor role in the game: his power can actually affect directly the player.

Piracy is killing PC gaming. Publishers rather support developement for consoles because piracy is too important on PC. I don't want PC to be a second hand market so I buy PC games to support my opinion financialy and statisticly.

Piracy is killing quality developement because it is giving extra weight to the financial concerns during a game's developement and instead of letting the devs polish the game until they're satisfied, they have to rush it to catch chrismas to make it profitable. If the devs miss chrismas, kids without money won't be able to ask their parents for the game as a chrismas gift and will instead download the game. While buying the game a year later at less than half the price I don't think as much money goes to the devs and it doesn't show as significatively the consummer's wish for a sequel.

Well, I agree, sort of, with the whole "don't pirate games" view. I won't pirate games myself (anymore) because it isn't worth it. As for other people doing it, that's their choice. However, pirating super expensive imaging software, or engineering programs, that I'm okay with, cause they cost a ridiculous amount of money. So, as for TSL, I'm buying it.

Oh, and let me also formally introduce myself: I just found out I had this account, which I signed up for in May of this year, so I suppose that makes me the greatest lurker ever, oh well. Anyway, to you all: Hi.

However, pirating super expensive imaging software, or engineering programs, that I'm okay with, cause they cost a ridiculous amount of money.  So, as for TSL, I'm buying it.

Well, I admit that I'd be more likely to scold someone who pirate a minor game company than someone who's pirating Microsoft, if you get my meaning

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I test it for a bout 6 to 8 hours worth of gameplay. If I like it I buy it, when it is available. If I don't like it I uninstall it and erase the files from my hard drive.

I did this with quite a number of games and when I was thinking about testing out other genres. I pirated GTA played it for about 6 to 8 hours, got bored with it then deleted it from my hard drive.

I will wait a few days or weeks and come here to see the general feeling of the people who bought it. Then I will buy it or wait for a patch. If there is no patch and one would be needed, I will not buy it. My brother played the game and loved it, even the ending. The bugs were frustrating though.

that too, though jade empire comes out pretty soon.  but no xbox for us...  any truth to that rumor that jade empire'll be on the pc, anyone know?

Well, many games are released on the console "EXCLUSIVE" platforms first (to make the customers buy those games first). Then they are realeased for another platform to increase sales.

Heheh.

Example: When Morrowind and KotOR1 were under early development the developers said: Xbox exclusive! blah blah blah. But later they realeased the games for pc as well.

Bringing games to various platforms increase sales and make consoleros as well as pc fanatics happy. So JE has a good chance to be released for the pc LATER. :rolleyes:

First off, anyone who STEALS games or supports the STEALING of games should be FRIED. Period. No exceptions to this rule.

Secondly, I will buy it. While some things about the game since its release has me irked; I think the game in the end, will be enjoyable. That's the main thing.

That is all.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.