KotOR II Wrap Report at RPG Vault

It appears as though Obsidian is in dire need to female workers!

If I ever write anything, I'll apply for a job. You won't be female-less for long!

Maybe it has to do with the fact that men play RPGs more than we chicks? (RPGs are a bit more. . ."male friendly" if you catch my drift. . .) ;)

-----

It looks good. Thanks for this bit of news.

Fnord.

I found this very funny after playing the game and seeing all the bugs and unfinished quest:

"LucasArts put three of their QA guys onsite to help test along with four temp guys - they helped us fix a ton of bugs. And I don't even know how many guys were testing the title up at the LucasArts offices, but I know it was a lot. We'd never finish a game without QA, and those guys were great."

I don't think there were many guys at LucasArts offices doing any QA :)

Damn, there goes that image.  I thought you were a man.  EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

There have been worse revelations on these boards Hades....

i.e. Volourn being a robot. :)"

Hades seems disappointed to be in the presence of females. :devil:"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Damn, there goes that image.  I thought you were a man.  EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

i.e. Volourn being a robot. :("

Hades seems disappointed to be in the presence of females. :("

she probably outsmarted him on one of his rants and he is even more offended he got beaten by a girl :-"

i.e. Volourn being a robot. =]"

Hades seems disappointed to be in the presence of females. :-"

Maybe females are disappointed with him :-"

You know, with all the, pardon my French, fanbois and fanatics here, he's the sole voice of reason just about as often as he's the crazy guy throwing beer bottles out the window. Actually, I think I would weight that more towards the side of reason, especially lately.

What? Just because I don't have "female" "girl" "gurl" "chick" or insert any other female title in my name means that I'm now male? Or the fact that I can hold my own without having to resort to "ur" "lol" "rofl" "lmaorofllol" "4" "4ever" "l8er" or some other strange new language form?

Please - get your head on straight! :p

And Naso: When everyone gets the game, everyone must judge the game for himself/herself. While you may think that TSL was bad, there's someone somewhere else agreeing with you and someone disagreeing. Just because that you may think that TSL sucked does not mean that everyone thought that. You have a standard that may be higher - or lower - than everyone else. Hades may be the voice of reason to you (and he seems right to me on a few things, not to say that you are wrong, but simply different) but to some of the other folks here he's the voice of chaos and discord.

No offence to you, of course. You seem like a bright enough person. :thumbsup:

Fnord.

What? Just because I don't have "female" "girl" "gurl" "chick" or insert any other female title in my name means that I'm now male? Or the fact that I can hold my own without having to resort to "ur" "lol" "rofl" "lmaorofllol" "4" "4ever" "l8er" or some other strange new language form?

Please - get your head on straight! :thumbsup:

Hahahaha

- dr cloak

Please - get your head on straight! :p

Well at least you didn't mention speaking da 1337.

Let's make the Obsidian boards a female-free zone!!

I have no idea why, but it sounded cool at the time!!

Ignore me!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just read it right now and it claims that they optimized the engine, reducing save game size and load times, while increasing performance and frames per second.

Now is it just me, or did the opposite occur on many people's Xboxes?

As well, he admitted that the game was under severe time restraints. He claimed it got finished on time. Then he goes on to say that the international and PC versions were delayed to fix up some aspects of the game. So why wasn't the US version delayed as well? The logic here fails me. So far as I know, besides being different platforms, the game is largely the same! Heck, so far as we know, the PC version isn't even getting any extra stuff so that is not an excuse. If the PC and international versions were not ready and needed additional time, what is the logic behind releasing the US version early?

Was the game rushed? It sure as heck implied that. Heck, there are broken quests left inside the game, if this droid factory thing I keep hearing about is true. Either fix it and add it back in in the PC and international versions, or competely remove anything to do with it. Having random hints or dialogue regarding quests we cannot complete is not a good thing. As well, was the ending meant to be so vague? I've been hearing a general agreement around here that the ride was great aside from huge bugs and technical issues up until the end, which felt incredibly rushed and incomplete.

The original KotOR PC had bonuses and enhancements that was not in the Xbox version, at least initially. It is possible at all to remove useless clutter (ie broken quests) and make fixes and additions (again broken quests) that more fully restore the original vision? New content is realistically probably not going to happen, so can broken stuff be removed at least? Overall, can the international and PC versions make TSL what it was supposed to be? I'm just hoping a dev reads this.

Oh come on, I never said I didn't like it! I expect to like it, if it indeed runs. I haven't played it. There are far more people than the likes of skeptical little me who were calling it "game of the year" far before it even came out, and were crying bloody murder when it ONLY got a 9.3 from IGN, etc..... That's ridiculous. Whether you like the story is subjective. I don't know if I'll like it or not, but I think I will. If it plays like kotor with a bit of variety, I'll have fun. I'm skeptical about how well the damn thing's going to work and the decisions that contribute to this apparently buggy as hell xbox release, which I've never claimed to have tried myself, and therefore am concerned about the PC release. There's already plenty of orgasmic gushing all over the boards, even from people who haven't played the game yet. If the game really merits that, then fine. What we've seen on the boards though, does not indicate that. Personally, I think I'll like it, but I don't understand what people hope to get from that kind of sucking up....

Please - get your head on straight! :devil:

And Naso: When everyone gets the game, everyone must judge the game for himself/herself. While you may think that TSL was bad, there's someone somewhere else agreeing with you and someone disagreeing. Just because that you may think that TSL sucked does not mean that everyone thought that. You have a standard that may be higher - or lower - than everyone else. Hades may be the voice of reason to you (and he seems right to me on a few things, not to say that you are wrong, but simply different) but to some of the other folks here he's the voice of chaos and discord.

No offence to you, of course. You seem like a bright enough person. :)

::famous Cyndi Lauper song plays in background::

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Oh come on, I never said I didn't like it!  I expect to like it, if it indeed runs.  I haven't played it.  There are far more people than the likes of skeptical little me who were calling it "game of the year" far before it even came out, and were crying bloody murder when it ONLY got a 9.3 from IGN, etc.....  That's ridiculous.  Whether you like the story is subjective.  I don't know if I'll like it or not, but I think I will.  If it plays like kotor with a bit of variety, I'll have fun.  I'm skeptical about how well the damn thing's going to work and the decisions that contribute to this apparently buggy as hell xbox release, which I've never claimed to have tried myself, and therefore am concerned about the PC release.  There's already plenty of orgasmic gushing all over the boards, even from people who haven't played the game yet.  If the game really merits that, then fine.  What we've seen on the boards though, does not indicate that.  Personally, I think I'll like it, but I don't understand what people hope to get from that kind of sucking up....

well you must have not sen the poll about whether people thought it a good game bugs aside last time I checked noone voted no and majority voted yes

Please - get your head on straight! 

Hey, just having a spot of fun. No offense meant. >_< Frankly I think that Bokishi appears to be more feminine than you.

Also it doesn't matter if I win or lose an argument, it is the argument itself that makes it fun.