The ending

Rags

Indeed, there's a lot of potential here for making the next game revolutionary. I'm currently envisioning playable flashback sequences where the unanswered questions from KotOR 2 are not only decided, but then have an impact on the storyline of the third game.

One interaction between two droids, left hanging, would certainly affect how a new storyline played out.

If Obsidian or Bioware do this, then kudos to them.

Dracomicron

Hoary Veteran

Formerly Draconis, Master of Deception

Head ST for Demon and Orpheus on Blood Chronicles online chat

Indeed, there's a lot of potential here for making the next game revolutionary.  I'm currently envisioning playable flashback sequences where the unanswered questions from KotOR 2 are not only decided, but then have an impact on the storyline of the third game.

One interaction between two droids, left hanging, would certainly affect how a new storyline played out.

If Obsidian or Bioware do this, then kudos to them.

I agree. I think that K2 is the climax of a trilogy, as was Empire Strikes Back in the original three movies.

I would say that the end of KOTOR 2 isn't comparable to ESB. This is why:

At the end of ESB you had a feeling of WOW, that was awsome.

At the end of this game its more like, what the hell was that?! It's not a cliffhanger in my eyes so much as no ending at all. Its just "that's it, games over, go home."

I would say that the end of KOTOR 2 isn't comparable to ESB.  This is why:

At the end of ESB you had a feeling of WOW, that was awsome.

At the end of this game its more like, what the hell was that?!  It's not a cliffhanger in my eyes so much as no ending at all.  Its just "that's it, games over, go home."

It was not quite "you go home" but rather "I'm leaving you."