Would you want kotor3 to be a massive online rpg  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want kotor3 to be a massive online rpg

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

All beauty of KOTOR is that it was constructed as single player game

Agreed.

One of KOTOR's attractions I beleive is the incredible story driven single player. i don't think a multiplayer mode is even neccesary, let only turn it into a MMORPG or a MMOG.

A Kotor MMORPG? I'd rather drown myself in a puddle of crap gargle.

- dr cloak

It may take a while, but if the developers do it right this could be one of the best games ever, and im talking better than Halo2. You can walk around massive planets, and make parties, and there could the Sith and the Jedi. You could choose a path, and the top notch players for the Jedi, could make the Jedi councle, and some top notch Sith players could be the Sith Lords. And you have 2 train, you cant just start off and be as strong as the guy who is Sith Lord. The prob would be that wht happens with all the equipment, cause the first ppl 2 play the game r gonna go take everything they find, and it would be gay if everything came back, but who knows.

Ok i had alot more 2 say, but i can't explain it right, sorry

ARRRGGH!

This has come up before as I am sure it will again, and it has to be the most horrible idea I have heard in a long time..

Do you remember SWG and what a flop (for most ppl) it was? After that atrocity I doubt LA will attempt another SW oriented MMORPG anytime soon..How would it be possible to take a small, strict story like that of the KotOR series and develop a MMORPG out of it? Not possible..Unless you are suggesting they simply make it set within the KotOR 1/2 timeframe which would be SWG -5,000 years.

Yup but even thought it wasa flop... they have made the company record making gross profits (this is LucasArts not LucasFilm)

I don't like playing with other people. 95% of people are annoying.  Coincidentally, If KOTOR 3 was EVER a MMORPG, I'd go eat a sandwich instead. For me, it would be more fun than "KOTOR" 3.

Nice shot, sir. o:)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

This idea sucks. <_<

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Do realize how much lag there would be? Ugh, MMORPG's are the worst type of games. And the costs are near astronomical. No KOTOR is meant to be a single player expierence. Any other would ruin the effect of the game.

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

How about a co-op and single player KotOR?

Now A co-op would work twice aswell as this garbage idea, but I ain't sure how they would do it.

Or lets turn it into a 2D sidescrolling shooter, anyone agree?

Nah, lets turn it into some s**te RTS StarWars game (ala Force Commander).

How about that?

Do realize how much lag there would be? Ugh, MMORPG's are the worst type of games. And the costs are near astronomical. No KOTOR is meant to be a single player expierence. Any other would ruin the effect of the game.

My sentiments exactly!

God no. I don't think KotOR 3 would work as a MMORPG, KotOR is a stroy driven game, MMORPGs are not. The players make the stories up as they go along, and just get simple quests from npcs or databanks which usually is destroy or kill this. I played Galaxies for 3 months and it was the biggest waste of money ever.

Yeah the lags are very bad, especially in the cities and loading times were much worse. Plus since I never really liked MP, I really don't think I want to pay for a full game again and then still have to pay to be able to play it, especially since I can't play games everyday.

I wanted Co-Op back when KotOR 1 was announced but after having played the game, I feel Co-Op would not work in a game like KotOR, unless you have 2 protagonists each with their own story. I played BG 2 in Co-Op, my friend never cared for the conversations and since he was lead, he just skipped them my character did nothing except fight, then there were so many periods of not being able to play together that we eventually gave upplaying altogether.

Vivisecting them alive is always good. Drawn and quartering is always a crowd pleaser. Then there is the grinding of flesh with rock salt. Hmmm... tasty. :wub:

Oh if we are to be particularly viscious we could force them "Clockwork Orange Style" to watch 24 hour marathon of the Partridge Family. BWAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAA! :p

I had already posted a recommendation to burn them....but sadly it seems the mods have deleted that post.  :wub:

The mods want all the glory in dishing out the punishment to the foolish. Unless maybe Phosphor was one of the ones who voted 'yes'. :ph34r:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

A big resounding "no" for this one.

MMORPGs right now are terrible excuses for games. There is no depth to any MMORPG right now, it's all about reward instead of substance. KOTOR on the other hand is all about depth with reward secondary.

As long as MMORPGs don't have an engaging story and have no real depth, I won't be playing one. It CAN be done, but MMORPGs are in their infancy, and taking into account the cost, developers just aren't thinking outside the box, nobody is taking any big risks.

Vivisecting them alive is always good.  Drawn and quartering is always a crowd pleaser.  Then there is the grinding of flesh with rock salt.  Hmmm...  tasty.  :)

Oh if we are to be particularly viscious we could force them "Clockwork Orange Style" to watch 24 hour marathon of the Partridge Family.  BWAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAA!  :devil:

See now I have a problem with your punishments, they are too quick. A little known fact for some out there the human body will withstand 18 straight hours of tourture before the nervous system shuts down and they effectively die. So with that being said there are alot of things that could be done but by far my favorite would have to be the 1000 paper cuts or the water torture methods. Both are effective mind you the water torture only serves to drive them completely insane and would take a period of over a week or better to work but sicne they are agreeing to the whole MMORPG thing I think this would be a little redundent since they would have to be completely crazy to want that in the first place.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png