Kotor3 MORPG?

Would you want kotor3 to be a massive online rpg  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want kotor3 to be a massive online rpg

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

It may take a while, but if the developers do it right this could be one of the best games ever, and im talking better than Halo2. You can walk around massive planets, and make parties, and there could the Sith and the Jedi. You could choose a path, and the top notch players for the Jedi, could make the Jedi councle, and some top notch Sith players could be the Sith Lords. And you have 2 train, you cant just start off and be as strong as the guy who is Sith Lord. The prob would be that wht happens with all the equipment, cause the first ppl 2 play the game r gonna go take everything they find, and it would be gay if everything came back, but who knows.

Ok i had alot more 2 say, but i can't explain it right, sorry

It may take a while, but if the developers do it right this could be one of the best games ever, and im talking better than Halo2. You can walk around massive planets, and make parties, and there could the Sith and the Jedi. You could choose a path, and the top notch players for the Jedi, could make the Jedi councle, and some top notch Sith players could be the Sith Lords. And you have 2 train, you cant just start off and be as strong as the guy who is Sith Lord. The prob would be that wht happens with all the equipment, cause the first ppl 2 play the game r gonna go take everything they find, and it would be gay if everything came back, but who knows.

ARRRGGH!

This has come up before as I am sure it will again, and it has to be the most horrible idea I have heard in a long time..

Do you remember SWG and what a flop (for most ppl) it was? After that atrocity I doubt LA will attempt another SW oriented MMORPG anytime soon..How would it be possible to take a small, strict story like that of the KotOR series and develop a MMORPG out of it? Not possible..Unless you are suggesting they simply make it set within the KotOR 1/2 timeframe which would be SWG -5,000 years.

ARRRGGH!

This has come up before as I am sure it will again, and it has to be the most horrible idea I have heard in a long time..

Do you remember SWG and what a flop (for most ppl) it was? After that atrocity I doubt LA will attempt another SW oriented MMORPG anytime soon..How would it be possible to take a small, strict story like that of the KotOR series and develop a MMORPG out of it? Not possible..Unless you are suggesting they simply make it set within the KotOR 1/2 timeframe which would be SWG -5,000 years.

Very true.

I think your idea would be fun for a little while. Maybe after you beat the game you get to interact online using the pc that you've created throughout the game

That's exactly what SWG is, fun for awhile (like, say a few weeks) and then it reveals itself for what it truly is, one big grind that is based on how much time a player spends online rather than their talent at the game.

I think your idea would be fun for a little while. Maybe after you beat the game you get to interact online using the pc that you've created throughout the game

That's exactly what SWG is, fun for awhile (like, say a few weeks) and then it reveals itself for what it truly is, one big grind that is based on how much time a player spends online rather than their talent at the game.

o, well it sounds good when some other dude explained it. I suck at explaining stuff, but w/e.

*clears throught* NO!!!!

This is the worst idea ever and frankly I wish people would quit sugesting it. As Qxiili said LA was burnt by SWG so why in the hell would they jump back into the same mess with another MMORPG? it just wouldn't make good business sense to do something that attracks next to no gamers, but since LA isn't known for being overly smart I guess anything is possible.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

sad to say you cant do story in an mmorpg. you can do a goal, and provide a means to get that goal. free form play, you'd get board etc

ultima online stinks, only a mmorpg with the ultima bramd name attached, many will never considerate it an ultima.sw:g burned LA as it has been said,so why would LA do another???? anyway it costs too much to make one, too much to keep it running, to much after awhile to keep playing it.

so no. but for better resons to why not, I'll leave that for some one else.

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

Oh that would just be dreamy...... Imagine! You step off your ship, slightly boxier than normal to show that you're 4000 years back, and LO AND BEHOLD! There's a mob of people standing there! They are milling about. Or teleporting rapidly over distances of 3-5 meters. You can't really tell! It's like real life! You never know what's happening really, I mean the world's so incomprehensible. Maybe you could run around in the desert for hours and kill giant space-frog-things that come out of weird little holes. You could get paid 50 credits for it! Maybe, if you kill enough space-frogs you can get the 1093737*e^3pi/h credits you need to BUY A DECENT BLASTER!! Maybe, you'd see a real sith! He'd kill you and you'd die and loose all your money. Maybe one would spawn in the middle of the desert and attack you for no good reason screaming about a quest you never started! Maybe you could go to a "mission" area and find nothing there! Maybe..... Maybe you could stand around outside in a flickering gaudy city with a bunch of other screaming 12 year old and think just for a moment, that you're in a 3D starcraft chatroom, because THIS IS THE FUTURE, BUT LONG AGO, AND FAR AWAY, IN THE FUTURE! Oh would that not be grand?

Oh, and I don't know how to turn the thread red. Sorry.

Dont think it would be terrible but the main strength to Kotor is story and interacting with npc's I mean come on you would have people there as jedi going u got any itemz I can buy?? Something along those lines would ruin the fun of it all.

Oh that would just be dreamy......  Imagine!  You step off your ship, slightly boxier than normal to show that you're 4000 years back, and LO AND BEHOLD!  There's a mob of people standing there!  They are milling about.  Or teleporting rapidly over distances of 3-5 meters.  You can't really tell!  It's like real life!  You never know what's happening really, I mean the world's so incomprehensible.  Maybe you could run around in the desert for hours and kill giant space-frog-things that come out of weird little holes.  You could get paid 50 credits for it!  Maybe, if you kill enough space-frogs you can get the 1093737*e^3pi/h credits you need to BUY A DECENT BLASTER!!  Maybe, you'd see a real sith!  He'd kill you and you'd die and loose all your money.  Maybe one would spawn in the middle of the desert and attack you for no good reason screaming about a quest you never started!  Maybe you could go to a "mission" area and find nothing there!  Maybe.....  Maybe you could stand around outside in a flickering gaudy city with a bunch of other screaming 12 year old and think just for a moment, that you're in a 3D starcraft chatroom, because THIS IS THE FUTURE, BUT LONG AGO, AND FAR AWAY, IN THE FUTURE!  Oh would that not be grand?

Oh, and I don't know how to turn the thread red.  Sorry.

I happen to think a SW MMORPG set up right would be a great game, of course I have yet to play a single MMORPG I would consider 'good' or worth the monthly fee's but the idea is something I believe interests alot of gamers.

No, I am not defending the idea of a KotOR MMORPG and I'm certainly not defending SWG, simply the idea of a SW MMORPG that works,isnt a grind and is widely accepted.

The idea of interacting with other gamers in addition to NPC players, exploring vast worlds that if you didnt have a map in you could quite possibly get lost in and a well balanced combat system/leveling system with a good social community, appearantly not many people do but I think that would be one great game.

I've not tried WoW, so I guess I can't speak with perfect knowledge, but I've made it a point to try those free trials for a few MMORPG's and found nothing but a very painful level-slog, no fun, and that it'll take something like 10 hours before you can afford some decent gear and stop having to do the basic kill the rat's nest mission.

I am personally really sick of the MMORPG flood these days.

I prefer a good story-based single player RGP anytime. Sadly enough, this kinda game became very rare.

I am one of those stupid guys who still reminiscent of titles like Planescape: Torment, Baldurs Gate and even Icewind Dale II :blink:

All beauty of KOTOR is that it was constructed as single player game

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.