Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Finally, a patch for V:tMB

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5329 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

The game was good enough to spend your time playing through twice but not paying for it?

Damn straight.

I spent my time playing it twice because I had nothing better to play. I spent my time suffering this poor assembled game because the story and roleplaying behind it are great. However, no matter how much you might like a Ferrari, by no means are you going to pay for one that dies every 10 km.

Sorry, I don't buy unfinished products. Playing betas is fine, paying 50 bucks for them is not.

By games end you have to have a specific sort of combat character build otherwise you simply won't be able to finish the ****ing game.  My bouncer/boxer Brujah could not kill Ming Xiao without the aid of cheats, I guess I should've read Troika's mind and jacked up my ranged weapon skills before hand.

Err... I beat Ming Xiao with a Ventrue which lacked any combat skills whatsoever. Just keep that flamethrower aimed at her and everything will be fine.

With a melee-oriented character that fight's a pushover. All you need is a good blade weapon (I'd recommend the katana or bush hook but the fire axe will do fine) and Celerity and she will be down before you notice.

However I agree with you that the quality of the game degrades after Hollywood. The Nosferatu warrens I just hated and Chinatown had a ridiculously low amount of sidequests. Guess they got tired of working on their own game.

You people really need 1 Gbyte RAM, that's mandatory for playing any modern game decently today.

No, it's not. If it was, it would be warned in the minimum system requirements. And in case you haven't been reading, people with high-end systems have been experiencing the same problems.

I can never get enough of people claiming it's not a problem in the game just because it runs fine for them. It's such a well thought argument. o:)

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
"Not quite. I played the game and finished it twice (at a great personal cost ). It's just I'm not about to pay 50 bucks for an alpha."

Stupid thief. You should be banned.

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5329 posts

"Not quite. I played the game and finished it twice (at a great personal cost ). It's just I'm not about to pay 50 bucks for an alpha."

Stupid thief. You should be banned.

Yet another comment loaded with ignorance, from the anti-logic master himself, Volourn.

Not that I need to justify myself to you, but I think I will just prove a point. I didn't steal the game. I rented it, just like I do with every computer game that interests me before putting my money on it.

Don't vent the frustration that spending $50 on a beta causes you at me, it's not my fault you buy sub-standard quality products. o:)"

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
"Don't vent the frustration that spending $50 on a beta causes you at me, it's not my fault you buy sub-standard quality productsault you buy sub-standard quality products"

BL was, and is not a substandard product. It was worth the 65$ I spent on it.

As for the theif comment. It seems I was wrong. You aren't a theif. That's a good thing. Thieves deserve to be destroyed.

However, you may not have bought the game; but you did rent it so yous till gavce money to a game that is supposedly "subpar" even though you enjoyed it enough to play it twice. I haven't even finsihed it twice. Obviously, though you say otherwise, the game is not subpar unless you make a habit of playing subpar games multiple times.

R00fles!

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5329 posts

the game is not subpar unless you make a habit of playing subpar games multiple times.

No, I don't make a habit of it. I only do it when I have too much time on my hands and nothing better to do. :">

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Surely, there are above par game syou enjoy that you could play instead. Justa dmit it. Bl may have problems - and, it does - but, you more or less - enjoyed it. There's nothing with admitting you like a game that has problems as long as you don't pretend those problems don't exist.

Judge Hades

Judge Hades

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13912 posts
Yeah, but you can only play Fallout so many times.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11281 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Cry Babies

I played the game, no patch, with choppiness up the ass (Although my CPU did make its fortitude save vs. crashing at Leopold's) and still enjoyed most of it.  (The last areas of the game aren't on par with the rest)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're a business' favorite type of customer.

ScottishMA

ScottishMA

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts

Err... I beat Ming Xiao with a Ventrue which lacked any combat skills whatsoever. Just keep that flamethrower aimed at her and everything will be fine.

With a melee-oriented character that fight's a pushover. All you need is a good blade weapon (I'd recommend the katana or bush hook but the fire axe will do fine) and Celerity and she will be down before you notice.

Maybe I didn't express this correctly, I had maxed my hand to hand combat skill but had no skill in melee weapons and no flamethrower/skill in ranged weapons. A hand to hand character is unable to complete that fight as far as I can tell.

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5329 posts

Surely, there are above par game syou enjoy that you could play instead. Justa dmit it. Bl may have problems - and, it does - but, you more or less - enjoyed it. There's nothing with admitting you like a game that has problems as long as you don't pretend those problems don't exist.

Yeah, I enjoyed it. I have said so several times, maybe not in this particular thread but I sure did in the other one. Nothing to be ashamed of. :huh:

Yeah, but you can only play Fallout so many times.

I don't know about that. I just started another playthrough of FO and it's still great. :(

Maybe I didn't express this correctly, I had maxed my hand to hand combat skill but had no skill in melee weapons and no flamethrower/skill in ranged weapons.  A hand to hand character is unable to complete that fight as far as I can tell.

Since the flamethrower doesn't require any skills to be used whatsoever, I think it was included with the sole purpose of allowing certain type of characters to beat Ming Xiao. Any character can use the flamethrower.

roguefrog

roguefrog

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Steam:roguefrog
  • PSN Portable ID:roguefrog
  • Kickstarter Backer

Cry Babies

I played the game, no patch, with choppiness up the ass (Although my CPU did make its fortitude save vs. crashing at Leopold's) and still enjoyed most of it.  (The last areas of the game aren't on par with the rest)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But what if I'm a pirate? ^_^

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts
  • Location:In the middle of the night when everything was still, she heard clawing and gnawing, nibbling and squabbling. She could hear the wolves in the walls, plotting their wolfish plots, hatching their wolfish schemes
I had to cheat past Ming Xiao. One full can of gas only did about 15% of damage on her anyway and the katana only did about 0.5% damage.

Id love a game that had the option to not engage in combat at all.

roguefrog

roguefrog

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Steam:roguefrog
  • PSN Portable ID:roguefrog
  • Kickstarter Backer
It is critical to have a strong combat skill. The flamethrower even with max ammo only drains the whore half way.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11281 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Id love a game that had the option to not engage in combat at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bloodlines had this most of the way through. Unfortunately it deteriorated into a combat-fest in the final 1/3 of the game.

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8547 posts
I don't understand why people are complaining about long loading times.. I don't think they ever exceeded 30 seconds for me. I installed the game on a 250GB SATA Hitachi HD and I had the same loading times in HL2 as in Bloodlines.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11281 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I don't understand why people are complaining about long loading times.. I don't think they ever exceeded 30 seconds for me. I installed the game on a 250GB SATA Hitachi HD and I had the same loading times in HL2 as in Bloodlines.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because our loading timers were longer than yours perhaps? :)

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I would have thought it's obvious why we're complaining about long load times (because we have them).

Not to be nitpicking, but your statement probably should have read "My load times aren't longer than 30 seconds, so I can't relate to those who are complaining about long load times". :thumbsup:

Dark Wanderer

Dark Wanderer

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 770 posts

Then so am I, as I enjoyed the game despite it's faults, thorugh it doesn't mean that I don't complain a little about it ;)

I think it was included with the sole purpose of allowing certain type of characters to beat Ming Xiao.

Or Andrei. Ore be Blood-hunting guys. Or the Sheriff. Or the annoying LaCroix-clones... Althrough the Flamethrower doesn't work too well on Xiao-chan. The flame-thrower can lower her health to about half, but that's it. Makes it easier, but the remaining half is still a pain back there to get over with...

Aegeri

Aegeri

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts

What this "canon with WWs metaplot" did was limit the freedom for the Troika devs to craft the story they wanted to do(atleast the one Im hoping they wanted to do). Basicly they could forget doing anything exciting for the end like waking up an antediluvian(what the entire story hinted would happen) and raising mayhem in LA because it wouldnt fit in with WWs metaplot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Except you've missed the entire point of the Vampire *setting*. The whole point was that just because everyone THINKS there is an antediluvian in it, doesn't mean there IS going to be one in there.

As for an ACTUAL antediluvian, try the thing imitating large sections of the New York sewer system for an example (Yes, that is one of them). Really, you think an Antediluvian is running around in some random coffin anyone can get their hands on? They are a LOT more significant than that.

A hand to hand character is unable to complete that fight as far as I can tell.

Funny, I did her in with a hand to hand character, mind telling me why my hand to hand character didn't win that fight when I whopped her arse good? I never had to use weapons the whole game actually.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11281 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Then so am I, as I enjoyed the game despite it's faults, thorugh it doesn't mean that I don't complain a little about it ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, but the difference between you and him is the fact you would complain if the product is faulty.

My statement wasn't about his enjoyment of the game. It was about his seemingly "who cares if the game plays like an alpha version despite being full price" statement that anyone complaining about the excess bugs and glitches (and there have been many) is a cry baby.

Which is why I made the statement about him being a business' favorite type of customer. The type that spends their money on something that is shoddy at best and never complains about it.

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5329 posts

Except you've missed the entire point of the Vampire *setting*. The whole point was that just because everyone THINKS there is an antediluvian in it, doesn't mean there IS going to be one in there.

At last, someone that understands me. :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users