Finally, a patch for V:tMB

GhostofAnakin

Cry Babies

I played the game, no patch, with choppiness up the ass (Although my CPU did make its fortitude save vs. crashing at Leopold's) and still enjoyed most of it.  (The last areas of the game aren't on par with the rest)

You're a business' favorite type of customer.

But what if I'm a pirate? ^_^

I had to cheat past Ming Xiao. One full can of gas only did about 15% of damage on her anyway and the katana only did about 0.5% damage.

Id love a game that had the option to not engage in combat at all.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Id love a game that had the option to not engage in combat at all.

Bloodlines had this most of the way through. Unfortunately it deteriorated into a combat-fest in the final 1/3 of the game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't understand why people are complaining about long loading times.. I don't think they ever exceeded 30 seconds for me. I installed the game on a 250GB SATA Hitachi HD and I had the same loading times in HL2 as in Bloodlines.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I don't understand why people are complaining about long loading times.. I don't think they ever exceeded 30 seconds for me. I installed the game on a 250GB SATA Hitachi HD and I had the same loading times in HL2 as in Bloodlines.

Because our loading timers were longer than yours perhaps? :)

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I would have thought it's obvious why we're complaining about long load times (because we have them).

Not to be nitpicking, but your statement probably should have read "My load times aren't longer than 30 seconds, so I can't relate to those who are complaining about long load times". :thumbsup:

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Then so am I, as I enjoyed the game despite it's faults, thorugh it doesn't mean that I don't complain a little about it ;)

I think it was included with the sole purpose of allowing certain type of characters to beat Ming Xiao.

Or Andrei. Ore be Blood-hunting guys. Or the Sheriff. Or the annoying LaCroix-clones... Althrough the Flamethrower doesn't work too well on Xiao-chan. The flame-thrower can lower her health to about half, but that's it. Makes it easier, but the remaining half is still a pain back there to get over with...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

What this "canon with WWs metaplot" did was limit the freedom for the Troika devs to craft the story they wanted to do(atleast the one Im hoping they wanted to do). Basicly they could forget doing anything exciting for the end like waking up an antediluvian(what the entire story hinted would happen) and raising mayhem in LA because it wouldnt fit in with WWs metaplot.

Except you've missed the entire point of the Vampire *setting*. The whole point was that just because everyone THINKS there is an antediluvian in it, doesn't mean there IS going to be one in there.

As for an ACTUAL antediluvian, try the thing imitating large sections of the New York sewer system for an example (Yes, that is one of them). Really, you think an Antediluvian is running around in some random coffin anyone can get their hands on? They are a LOT more significant than that.

A hand to hand character is unable to complete that fight as far as I can tell.

Funny, I did her in with a hand to hand character, mind telling me why my hand to hand character didn't win that fight when I whopped her arse good? I never had to use weapons the whole game actually.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

Then so am I, as I enjoyed the game despite it's faults, thorugh it doesn't mean that I don't complain a little about it ;)

Ah, but the difference between you and him is the fact you would complain if the product is faulty.

My statement wasn't about his enjoyment of the game. It was about his seemingly "who cares if the game plays like an alpha version despite being full price" statement that anyone complaining about the excess bugs and glitches (and there have been many) is a cry baby.

Which is why I made the statement about him being a business' favorite type of customer. The type that spends their money on something that is shoddy at best and never complains about it.

Except you've missed the entire point of the Vampire *setting*. The whole point was that just because everyone THINKS there is an antediluvian in it, doesn't mean there IS going to be one in there.

At last, someone that understands me. :wub:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Ah, but the difference between you and him is the fact you would complain if the product is faulty.

My statement wasn't about his enjoyment of the game.  It was about his seemingly "who cares if the game plays like an alpha version despite being full price" statement that anyone complaining about the excess bugs and glitches (and there have been many) is a cry baby.

Which is why I made the statement about him being a business' favorite type of customer.  The type that spends their money on something that is shoddy at best and never complains about it.

I think I see what you mean. Well, as I don't really beleive in a product being perfect on a first try (at least not a game) I usually don't mind the few bugs it might have at first, but I'll of course state a complainment about it through I won't be TOO harsh about it, unless they fail to fix it.

And at least with Bloodlines, I was able to actually play the game, which is more than can be said for some games, like KOTOR.. *flashback to me buying KOTOR, it not working and me having to wait 2 months for the patch before I was able to play it)*

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

What the hell is an antediluvian?

'A member of the dreaded Third Generation.' Antediluvian literally means 'predating the Deluge', go figure. These guys supposedly are the oldest vampires in existance beside Caine himself since the first and second generations were wiped out somehow (arguably by the very third generation). They control the Jyhad from torpor and stuff. They are the bringers of apocalypse in the V:tM mythos.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

A member of the Third Generation of vampires. Among the most strongest vampires there is. They killed the Second Generation and were supposedly punished by Caine for this. At the time of Bloodliens, most of them are throught to be in torpor, some have been killed or diablered... Here's a list of them: http://www.patman.org/wod/genealogy/Antediluvians.asp

And at least with Bloodlines, I was able to actually play the game, which is more than can be said for some games, like KOTOR.. *flashback to me buying KOTOR, it not working and me having to wait 2 months for the patch before I was able to play it)*

We should have exchanged copies. I was the exact opposite. I never had any problems at all (well, minor, if you count 1 crash to desktop the ENTIRE time I played the game) with my KOTOR game, but have had numerous problems with Bloodlines.

As a simple explanation, they are ultra powerful vampires who are just insanely old and are often the original Vampires who created each clan. They have basically been asleep for ages and ages, and one of the main things with Gehenna and all is they get up and eat all their progeny.

When the Ravnos antediluvian woke up, he basically wiped out most of the entire clan after deciding to eat the majority of them. The antediluvian under new york is of course the Tzimisce one, and he gets up after a while and kicks the crap out of tons of people. Vampires that are caught on CNN fighting him, hence breaking the masquerade, are one of the alternative 'end of Vampire society/world' type endings you could choose to end your campaign with.

*Dances*

The antediluvian under new york is of course the Tzimisce one, and he gets up after a while and kicks the crap out of tons of people. Vampires that are caught on CNN fighting him, hence breaking the masquerade, are one of the alternative 'end of Vampire society/world' type endings you could choose to end your campaign with.

Hmm. Where's this scenario?

We should have exchanged copies.  I was the exact opposite.  I never had any problems at all (well, minor, if you count 1 crash to desktop the ENTIRE time I played the game) with my KOTOR game, but have had numerous problems with Bloodlines.

:D. ad the games gotten out at the same time, I'd not have minded it :wub:. But was your problems with Bloodlines major or minor ones? I admit that my Bloodlines isn't flawless; there's the SOL bug and the Beckett-bug as the major ones and a small amount of minor ones; Sealth kill not working when using Obsfucate, along with some other ones...

The antediluvian under new york is of course the Tzimisce one, and he gets up after a while and kicks the crap out of tons of people. Vampires that are caught on CNN fighting him, hence breaking the masquerade, are one of the alternative 'end of Vampire society/world' type endings you could choose to end your campaign with.

Hmm. Where's this scenario?

One of the final source books had it, I can't remember which one because things got massively confused at the end. I remember that it came from somewhere, and there were several ways in which it could of ended. Bizzairely, Lilith kills Caine in one of them (how I'm still uncertain).

I'll try to find out which one it was.

*Dances*

:D. ad the games gotten out at the same time, I'd not have minded it :wub:. But was your problems with Bloodlines major or minor ones? I admit that my Bloodlines isn't flawless; there's the SOL bug and the Beckett-bug as the major ones and a small amount of minor ones; Sealth kill not working when using Obsfucate, along with some other ones...

My problems with Bloodlines has been of the glitchy and stuttery graphics and slowdowns in most areas (even not crowded) to the point of playing the game in slow motion. I've even had to turn 'God' mode on (gets ready for the flames) in fights where I had 6 or more enemies attacking at once, since it would slow down to the point where I'd be dead before I even realized I was taking a swing.

But I've also had crashes to desktop often, I've had it where the sound doesn't match the video (mouthes moving a second or two after the words), and of course the load times that are long enough for me to take a bathroom break between.

There's a lot of confusion about the details concerning the Antediluvians. I remember reading somewhere that the Nosferatu Antediluvian launched a nuclear strike circa 2000. Also, it's unclear if Brujah and Troile were male or female, if the Assamite Antediluvian is actually a member of the Second Generation... it's a mess since many books contradict each other in the details. :wub:

There's a lot of confusion about the details concerning the Antediluvians. I remember reading somewhere that the Nosferatu Antediluvian launched a nuclear strike circa 2000. Also, it's unclear if Brujah and Troile were male or female, if the Assamite Antediluvian is actually a member of the Second Generation... it's a mess since many books contradict each other in the details. :wub:

The whole thing is a mess deliberately, you can't have people thinking they know *everything* :p Actually, I'm not sure if it was just oddities on White Wolfs part, or if it was just different authors doing different stuff without really knowing what other fellows were doing.

*Dances*

My problems with Bloodlines has been of the glitchy and stuttery graphics and slowdowns in most areas (even not crowded) to the point of playing the game in slow motion.  I've even had to turn 'God' mode on (gets ready for the flames) in fights where I had 6 or more enemies attacking at once, since it would slow down to the point where I'd be dead before I even realized I was taking a swing.

Never quite happened to me, the game got a little slowed at times, but it usually did not last for very long. At least, I never remember being killed because of this.

But I've also had crashes to desktop often, I've had it where the sound doesn't match the video (mouthes moving a second or two after the words), and of course the load times that are long enough for me to take a bathroom break between.

Yeah, sometimes those things have happened to me too. sometimes the dialouge gets slowed and the sound suddenly doesn't match the mounths, just as you say. and of course, the load-times are long enoug for me to often keep a book nearby to read while the game loads...

There's a lot of confusion about the details concerning the Antediluvians. I remember reading somewhere that the Nosferatu Antediluvian launched a nuclear strike circa 2000.

You mean this?: http://www.patman.org/wod/resources/gehenna.asp