Finally, a patch for V:tMB

GhostofAnakin

On the plus side, some of my load times are long enough to allow me to go make myself a sandwich while the next area loads (not an exaggeration).  :blink:

Oh, yeah, there's that :D. The long loading-times give quite some time for me to go and make a Skagen-sandwitch, get some water, take out the thrash, etc... :)

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I was being generous in 1 minutes estimation... <_<

XD. suspected so.. but then, again, I also assumed that your computer might be much better than mine ;p.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I can forgive bugs, long load times and poor performance, but I can NOT forgive an anticlimactic ending.

...some people say WW ****** Troika by demanding Bloodlines to be canon with their ridiculous Gehenna metaplot so I have yet to hire any contract killers to venerate my frustration.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

...some people say WW ****** Troika by demanding Bloodlines to be canon with their ridiculous Gehenna metaplot so I have yet to hire any contract killers to venerate my frustration.

Your not liking all the Gehenna business isn't neither Troika's fault nor WW's. Technically, the game being consistent with the setting is not a flaw in it. That's a matter of preference.

Surely you were not expecting they would 'fix' the ending in a patch, were you? :blink:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

What this "canon with WWs metaplot" did was limit the freedom for the Troika devs to craft the story they wanted to do(atleast the one Im hoping they wanted to do). Basicly they could forget doing anything exciting for the end like waking up an antediluvian(what the entire story hinted would happen) and raising mayhem in LA because it wouldnt fit in with WWs metaplot.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I can forgive bugs, long load times and poor performance, but I can NOT forgive an anticlimactic ending.

Well, this is more about personal taste, I think. I myself was pretty satisfied with my first ending, the Camarilla-ending, even through I was a little bothered of the fact that that ending did not reveal a few details...

Well, the Gehenna stuff IS apparently a part of the Modern Nights, so not much that can be done there.

But I'd like to see some different settings of the WoD than the Final Nights.. Of course, in a sense the Modern/Final Nights are a more obivious choice as these are filled with more chaos than ever before, but still, I'd like a to see a WoD PC-game which occurs int he medieval nights or even earlier than that. The Final/Modern nights may be the greatest time of chaos, but it is certainly not the only time of chaos and struggle as far as my meager knowledge of the WoD recalls...

What this "canon with WWs metaplot" did was limit the freedom for the Troika devs to craft the story they wanted to do(atleast the one Im hoping they wanted to do).

You don't know that. Random assumptions won't help you make a point.

Basicly they could forget doing anything exciting for the end like waking up an antediluvian(what the entire story hinted would happen) and raising mayhem in LA because it wouldnt fit in with WWs metaplot.

Well, the ending not being of your liking doesn't make it a bad. I for one liked it and it's one of the few endings these days that is not epic. I'm kinda tired of the same cliched Save/Destroy The Universe plots which every game seems to have these days.

Maybe your problem is that you don't like a setting in which the 'hero' of the story usually ends up enjoying a nice sunrise?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Actually, I'm the opposite. If the ending is bad or not to my liking, all that means is that the game ended on a sour note. However, if I can't even play the game to completion, or that play through is seriously hindered, then the ending, good or bad, will not mean a thing if what comes before it was unplayable.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Cry Babies

I played the game, no patch, with choppiness up the ass (Although my CPU did make its fortitude save vs. crashing at Leopold's) and still enjoyed most of it. (The last areas of the game aren't on par with the rest)

Bah, I finally finished the thing last today and my opinion of Bloodlines and Troika dropped dramatically during the slog through the final third of the game. It was pretty good up until Hollywood but then it just completely falls apart. Sidequests go out the window as does any (weak) pretense of solving quests how YOU want to. It's just mindless combat area after poorly designed and executed mindless combat area. By games end you have to have a specific sort of combat character build otherwise you simply won't be able to finish the ****ing game. My bouncer/boxer Brujah could not kill Ming Xiao without the aid of cheats, I guess I should've read Troika's mind and jacked up my ranged weapon skills before hand. Utter bull****, the last half of the game completely and utterly destroyed any enjoyment I got out of the decidely average first half. I think any praise directed towards the first half of the game is the result of there being a complete lack of traditional RPGs for the PC right now than any sort of merit.

I told someone, VOlourn I think, that if Bloodlines get four substantial patches which proves that Troika is doing proper backing and support for this game I would buy it.

You do know that the number of patches doesn't matter, right? It's about what it fixes. Quality, not quantity. A company that releases four patches that gradually fix things isn't giving better support than a company that only releases one patch that fixes everything simply because they released more.

Of course, this isn't to say Troika managed either with this patch for Bloodlines. Just pointing out the problem in your logic.

My favorite thing about all the Ubisoft and Monolith games I've played, is I never even HAD to patch, other than to have some fun with Multiplayer on AvP2. That's a godsend on dialup in a modern world of 50+MB patches!

It's funny that I never ran into these performance and sound stuttering problems people are complaining about. Game run's very smooth. You people really need 1 Gbyte RAM, that's mandatory for playing any modern game decently today. The only thing that really sucks about BL is that it just gets too hard in the end... after trying to kill this snail monster (without any luck) I gave up... Now let's see if I can make the snail driving nuts with my Malk! (w00t)

The game was good enough to spend your time playing through twice but not paying for it?

Damn straight.

I spent my time playing it twice because I had nothing better to play. I spent my time suffering this poor assembled game because the story and roleplaying behind it are great. However, no matter how much you might like a Ferrari, by no means are you going to pay for one that dies every 10 km.

Sorry, I don't buy unfinished products. Playing betas is fine, paying 50 bucks for them is not.

By games end you have to have a specific sort of combat character build otherwise you simply won't be able to finish the ****ing game.  My bouncer/boxer Brujah could not kill Ming Xiao without the aid of cheats, I guess I should've read Troika's mind and jacked up my ranged weapon skills before hand.

Err... I beat Ming Xiao with a Ventrue which lacked any combat skills whatsoever. Just keep that flamethrower aimed at her and everything will be fine.

With a melee-oriented character that fight's a pushover. All you need is a good blade weapon (I'd recommend the katana or bush hook but the fire axe will do fine) and Celerity and she will be down before you notice.

However I agree with you that the quality of the game degrades after Hollywood. The Nosferatu warrens I just hated and Chinatown had a ridiculously low amount of sidequests. Guess they got tired of working on their own game.

You people really need 1 Gbyte RAM, that's mandatory for playing any modern game decently today.

No, it's not. If it was, it would be warned in the minimum system requirements. And in case you haven't been reading, people with high-end systems have been experiencing the same problems.

I can never get enough of people claiming it's not a problem in the game just because it runs fine for them. It's such a well thought argument. o:)

"Not quite. I played the game and finished it twice (at a great personal cost ). It's just I'm not about to pay 50 bucks for an alpha."

Stupid thief. You should be banned.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Not quite. I played the game and finished it twice (at a great personal cost ). It's just I'm not about to pay 50 bucks for an alpha."

Stupid thief. You should be banned.

Yet another comment loaded with ignorance, from the anti-logic master himself, Volourn.

Not that I need to justify myself to you, but I think I will just prove a point. I didn't steal the game. I rented it, just like I do with every computer game that interests me before putting my money on it.

Don't vent the frustration that spending $50 on a beta causes you at me, it's not my fault you buy sub-standard quality products. o:)"

"Don't vent the frustration that spending $50 on a beta causes you at me, it's not my fault you buy sub-standard quality productsault you buy sub-standard quality products"

BL was, and is not a substandard product. It was worth the 65$ I spent on it.

As for the theif comment. It seems I was wrong. You aren't a theif. That's a good thing. Thieves deserve to be destroyed.

However, you may not have bought the game; but you did rent it so yous till gavce money to a game that is supposedly "subpar" even though you enjoyed it enough to play it twice. I haven't even finsihed it twice. Obviously, though you say otherwise, the game is not subpar unless you make a habit of playing subpar games multiple times.

R00fles!

the game is not subpar unless you make a habit of playing subpar games multiple times.

No, I don't make a habit of it. I only do it when I have too much time on my hands and nothing better to do. :">

Surely, there are above par game syou enjoy that you could play instead. Justa dmit it. Bl may have problems - and, it does - but, you more or less - enjoyed it. There's nothing with admitting you like a game that has problems as long as you don't pretend those problems don't exist.

Cry Babies

I played the game, no patch, with choppiness up the ass (Although my CPU did make its fortitude save vs. crashing at Leopold's) and still enjoyed most of it.  (The last areas of the game aren't on par with the rest)

You're a business' favorite type of customer.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Err... I beat Ming Xiao with a Ventrue which lacked any combat skills whatsoever. Just keep that flamethrower aimed at her and everything will be fine.

With a melee-oriented character that fight's a pushover. All you need is a good blade weapon (I'd recommend the katana or bush hook but the fire axe will do fine) and Celerity and she will be down before you notice.

Maybe I didn't express this correctly, I had maxed my hand to hand combat skill but had no skill in melee weapons and no flamethrower/skill in ranged weapons. A hand to hand character is unable to complete that fight as far as I can tell.

Surely, there are above par game syou enjoy that you could play instead. Justa dmit it. Bl may have problems - and, it does - but, you more or less - enjoyed it. There's nothing with admitting you like a game that has problems as long as you don't pretend those problems don't exist.

Yeah, I enjoyed it. I have said so several times, maybe not in this particular thread but I sure did in the other one. Nothing to be ashamed of. :huh:

Yeah, but you can only play Fallout so many times.

I don't know about that. I just started another playthrough of FO and it's still great. :(

Maybe I didn't express this correctly, I had maxed my hand to hand combat skill but had no skill in melee weapons and no flamethrower/skill in ranged weapons.  A hand to hand character is unable to complete that fight as far as I can tell.

Since the flamethrower doesn't require any skills to be used whatsoever, I think it was included with the sole purpose of allowing certain type of characters to beat Ming Xiao. Any character can use the flamethrower.