Finally, a patch for V:tMB

GhostofAnakin

Seems Activision/Troika released a patch for Bloodlines. As I'm typing this, I'm downloading the patch, so I can't comment on how much it fixes/improves things. I'm hoping it improves performance and cuts down on the choppiness. Anyone used the patch yet?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hmm...it appears that the slowdowns and graphical glitches were not tweaked in the patch. Reading one of the patch information things it seems Activision/Troika is saying that part is the sole responsibility of each individual's computer specs. <_<

Guess it stays uninstalled for me then. :thumbsup:

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, patch or not, it still doesn't fix the currently most annoying bug for me, so I won't bother to download the patch for now.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Four?

Dunno if I can say that it is entirely worthless through, as it fix the Society of Leopold bug (most annyoing bug in the game, but you can still use the console to escape it) plus the Isaac bug...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I told someone, VOlourn I think, that if Bloodlines get four substantial patches which proves that Troika is doing proper backing and support for this game I would buy it.

Meaning that when the fourth patch is out, you'll buy bloodlines? :D :thumbsup:"

The SoL bug was solved long ago by an unofficial patch by some dude.

Troika's claiming that the craptacular performance of the game is to blame on the users' computers is plain stupid, even more so considering that HL2 runs fine, and it's way more complex map and model-wise. I'm fearing that fixing those problems would require a major revision on their usage of the engine and probably couldn't be fixed through a patch. Nah, it's much better to deny any responsibility than admit that their job at adapting the Source engine just sucks.

I'm glad I didn't buy this game and if I had any intention of doing so they have helped me decide against it. At least this patch means I will have

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Reading one of the patch information things it seems Activision/Troika is saying that part is the sole responsibility of each individual's computer specs.

bold mine...

reading your posted readme on the patch, i'd say the "sole" comment is not true. they are saying that most are individual computer problems and i don't doubt them. most usually are. the specs this game are, in reality, higher than the average cpu out there.

remember, we are a very small minority of the game buying public. most of us that post in these places have a fair understanding what the "minimum requirements" of a new game mean. most of us also know what a failure to meet those requirements will do to performance.

that's not to say that there aren't issues, as i've heard there are many. however, i'm just pointing out that the activision statement in the readme is probably based on feedback generated by their tech support folk that has statements like "user was running with an Nvidia TNT2 and could not get it to work" as the number one problem on their certainly beefy list of issues...

it's sad to think that a society that is so entrenched with desktop computers still doesn't get it... but they don't. :thumbsup:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

The SoL bug was solved long ago by an unofficial patch by some dude.

I heard that. But perhaps not everyone who have brought Bloodlines knows this?

I'm glad I didn't buy this game and if I had any intention of doing so they have helped me decide against it. At least this patch means I will have

oh, btw, our obviously geeky fascination with such things also jades our ability to judge a game as an average gamer. we tend to be overly sensitive to things that don't necessarily bother the masses. nothing wrong with that, of course, just pointing it out...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

bold mine...

reading your posted readme on the patch, i'd say the "sole" comment is not true.  they are saying that most are individual computer problems and i don't doubt them.  most usually are.  the specs this game are, in reality, higher than the average cpu out there.

I'd agree with that if it weren't for the fact they neglected to even acknowledge the slowdowns could also be on their side too, not just on the part of the PC owner.

It seems to me they're just placing blame on our PCs and that it's not actually a problem of their code. Which is false.

Fact remains, they didn't improve or fix what was the biggest issues with most gamers who own the game.

remember, we are a very small minority of the game buying public.  most of us that post in these places have a fair understanding what the "minimum requirements" of a new game mean.  most of us also know what a failure to meet those requirements will do to performance.

No, in fact it's pretty bold of them to claim that *most* of the performance issues are to blame on insufficient hardware when people whose PC specs are way over the minimal requirements are complaining about the same piss poor performance in crowded areas.

It doesn't look like they have fixed the memory leaks or random desktop crashes which affect most players, either. This patch only upgrades the game from the Alpha stages, to a nice Beta.

Cool! :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

From the posts on planetvampire, it seems as though some people are even having MORE problems after installing the patch than they did before, while it didn't really improve the overall performance. :blink:

From the posts on planetvampire, it seems as though some people are even having MORE problems after installing the patch than they did before, while it didn't really improve the overall performance.  :blink:

Lol, exactly the same thing with Battlefront. I never felt so screwed in my life when I installed a patch that effectively jacked up the game :)

"Most performance problems reported to Activision Customer Support are due to computer systems not meeting the minimum system requirements or not having the latest video and sound card drivers installed."

Hilarious! ROTFLMAOATWTKKUYPADYT

This is pathetic. My computer DESTROYS the reccomened specs, and it is slow as molasses. The arrogance on their part. Sorry; but 1 minute load times is YOUR fault; not MINE.

Jerks. :blink:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I told someone, VOlourn I think, that if Bloodlines get four substantial patches which proves that Troika is doing proper backing and support for this game I would buy it.

You do know that the number of patches doesn't matter, right? It's about what it fixes. Quality, not quantity. A company that releases four patches that gradually fix things isn't giving better support than a company that only releases one patch that fixes everything simply because they released more.

Of course, this isn't to say Troika managed either with this patch for Bloodlines. Just pointing out the problem in your logic.

Just one minute? Consider yourself lucky ;p

On the plus side, some of my load times are long enough to allow me to go make myself a sandwich while the next area loads (not an exaggeration). :blink:

Not quite. I played the game and finished it twice (at a great personal cost :p). It's just I'm not about to pay 50 bucks for an alpha.

Great personal cost? :blink:. I see your point, through :).

Another good game down the toilet. *shrugs*

Depends on your point of view, I suppose. If you aren't bothered by the long loading-times or the bugs that is there (and 99% of those I encountered were no hinderance in playing the game) and try to focus on the story and other good stuff that there is, then nothing changes. I, at least, haven't lost my opinion of Bloodlines as a great game, but perhaps lost some faith in Troika's ability to fix the problems that may appear later.

I may be in the minority here but the patch actually did stop the choppiness on my machine:

Dell Dimension 4700

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Dimension 4700 P4 processor 530 with HT technology (3.00GHz, 800fsb, 1MB cache)

48X DVD/CDRW Combo Drive

80 GB Serial ATA Hard Drive

512MB DDR400 Dual Channel Memory (2x256)

GeForce PCX 5300 256MB (128BIT)

It runs smooth as silk now, yes even in the hubs, which even suprised me, oh and its running at 1280x1024x32, make of that what you will.