Any chance of KotOR MMORPG?

Kalfear

No.

KOTOR is NOT a MMORPG and never should be. If you want ELEMENTS from the KOTOR to be used in a MMORPG, then that might be a valid suggestion. But I wish people would stop trying to change KOTOR into something it's not. <_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

To put it bluntly- MMORPGS suck. Theyre just very advanced chatrooms with the option to hacknslash your way through pointless quests in order to become "OMFG my char si fakkin 1337 kewl 01011101!1010!!!!"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

As an additional note: I was part of the SWG beta process and have a small idea of what is required to create a MMORPG.... and frankly Obsidian most likely doesn't have the required resources or "manpower" to build and maintain a project of that level.

Not to mention it takes years to create and test a MMO, and by the time it was finished would be very "dated".

Not to mention that the "flood" of mmo's is still going on (though thankfully many are dying out) and as such it's not a real good time to create a new mmorpg.

Wow! what a friendly bunch of people here!

To the ONE person that asked a real question. Ashrons Call ran a monthly story Arc early in their retail MMORPG. Thats about it tho to be honest.

SWG does infact try to have a story line but its boring and ignored mostly. WoW, EQ1&2,UO, all of them have minor story backdrops in chunks here and there but no REAL outlined story (meaning you might find a story on the official site but you will be hard pressed to see same detail or close to in game).

Hope that answers your question :rolleyes:

Now for My question, heheh

OBSIDIAN personal, has there been any talk or chance of you and LA joining togather for a Star wars Old Republic MMORPG?

While a few folks bashed the genre, it is still waiting for that one Sci Fi game to take control and I personally think (been playing mmorpgs since 1991 and alpha and beta testing close to 90% of them since then) KotOR theme would be a great success in that genre. Its alot more open and free then the SWG story line.

Anyways, just wondering and suggesting (as this suggestion board). I really think it would be a huge huge success.

OBSIDIAN personal, has there been any talk or chance of you and LA joining togather for a Star wars Old Republic MMORPG?

I don't work or have any connection to Obsidian, but I feel I can safely say there's roughly no chance in hell of this happening as Sony probably holds the rights to do all mmo's.

Guest Eric328

I wouldnt keep your hopes high for kotor 3 to be an MMORPG because it would change around the whole gameplay and story line and tons of kids would be disapointed.