Malak & Visas' Lightsabers

So, I've played through the game twice, once light, once dark, and I've yet to find either of these items. I didn't even realize they existed until I glanced at my friend's Prima guide. This random item dropping is turning out to be more of a pain than adding to the game's replayability as it was intended to. I haven't unconvered any of the higher end crystals, any of the higher end headpieces, Malak's saber or Visas' saber. And it's not for lack of exploring every nook and cranny of the game, or saving my game before checking a vendor's inventory and reloading in hopes of drawing a better selection. :blink:

Has anyone else found either of these two sabers?

There is only one crate in the game that I failed to open: a container in the palace on Onderon in what looked like the Queen's bedroom. It required an extremely high security skill, and I didn't have a character that met the requirements. Does anyone remember what they found in that particular container? Maybe it holds the key to all my dreams of riches and relics actually useful for my mission. :p

Malak & Visas' saber's? no I cant say I have ever even seen them..

I would have to assume Malak's saber was left on the star forge along with his rotting corpse..not sure what happened to the Star Forge, just one of the many unanswered questions of KotOR II and, Visas' saber gets destroyed when she attack's the exile.

...I found something like a Saresh visor on Malachor V that I thaught might be a rare random item, but then a little further into the level I found another one,same with the Qel-Droma belt I got on Korriban then again in the Udo Kresh (or w/e)'s tomb.

Did the Saresh visor look like Tulok (sp?) Hord's mask from KotOR 1? I've been looking for that thing. Damn thing never shows up. Grrr.

I assumed the same about the two sabers, but hey, that would imply that the Prima guide is lying, and we all know guides never lie... :p"

I'm currently on my 3rd play through. I haven't found any 'unique' sabers either. I did loot a silver crystal (lmao) at the end of my 2nd play through. But obviously I didn't get to use it.

I don't think I've looted anything special so far in this game.

- dr cloak

The Saresh visor was an odd yellow/gray looking band that wore around my ear,down around my chin then up to the other ear...like a chin gaurd or something, very odd.

And Silver is pretty cool, my last DS game I switched from red to a silver focus crystal for my saber, pretty wicked had like 13-34 damage or something to it.

Ya know, the randomized items might be a cool thing if the developers had been more limiting on the selection of items that can be found in a specific spot. Like from raiding the tomb on Korriban it would have made sense to find rare crystals/jedi/sith objects. On Duxon you should find a larger concentration of Mandalorian items and Jedi items. On Onderon you could find items specific to mercenary races--items from bounty hunter races on Nar Shaddaa, etc., etc. I could never understand why I'd find Jedi robes on Sith assassins at Malachor. :p

And where are all the cool uber-crystals listed in the Prima guide? I haven't come across a one!

Ya know, the randomized items might be a cool thing if the developers had been more limiting on the selection of items that can be found in a specific spot.  Like from raiding the tomb on Korriban it would have made sense to find rare crystals/jedi/sith objects.  On Duxon you should find a larger concentration of Mandalorian items and Jedi items.  On Onderon you could find items specific to mercenary races--items from bounty hunter races on Nar Shaddaa, etc., etc.  I could never understand why I'd find Jedi robes on Sith assassins at Malachor.  :p

And where are all the cool uber-crystals listed in the Prima guide?  I haven't come across a one!

thats a pretty good idea.maybe for k3.... :blink: :D

I think if you face Visas after you built a lightsaber you will get a saber from her instead of the part bu that's only something I read and havn't tried.

Anyway you use part of her saber to build your own so it really wouldn't make sense to find a fully built one elsewhere.

as far as malaks I don' t have a clue. I did find freedom Nadds saber.

Also I found 3 Onasi blasters. Guess Carth was reall careless with his guns.

Did the Saresh visor look like Tulok (sp?) Hord's mask from KotOR 1?  I've been looking for that thing.  Damn thing never shows up.  Grrr.

I assumed the same about the two sabers, but hey, that would imply that the Prima guide is lying, and we all know guides never lie... :)"

In my 3 times through I have gotten the Circlet of Saresh all 3 times....

I hate the random loot system and it should not return f there are any more Kotor games...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I could never understand why I'd find Jedi robes on Sith assassins at Malachor.  :shifty:

Fallen Jedi who where lured to Malachor V became Revan's Sith assasins..

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sit...t.html?gameinfo

...Part IX: Darth Revan Rising

Hope that sheds some more light on the looting jedi robes off of Sith assasins for ya..

:shifty: Okay, that makes sense in theory, but in practice, if the assassins are wearing Jedi robes, shouldn't um... they be wearing Jedi robes? ...and not the assassin get-up we see them in? Technicalities, technicalities, I know, I know. :D

Wow, I never really relized there was a random item generator, but explains alot about the strangly named items I would find in the strangest place. My only problem is that, if what you say is true, that there are certain items (like malaks lightsaber) can only be found by chance and could be found anywhere bothers me. I think that if they plan to put powerful artifacts, that these items should be found in specified areas. As for finding Malak's Lightsaber, my only guess would be perhaps check the evil tunnel in Korriban or somewhere on Malachor. Perhaps he cast aside his Jedi Lightsaber and made a Sith Lightsaber. Just a guess. Also I agree with having specifed items like random sith relics appear in Korriban rather than finding Mandalorian stuff or other things that do not seem to fit with thier surrondings.

:blink: Okay, that makes sense in theory, but in practice, if the assassins are wearing Jedi robes, shouldn't um... they be wearing Jedi robes? ...and not the assassin get-up we see them in?  Technicalities, technicalities, I know, I know.  :D

Just because you loot a certain item from an NPC doesnt mean they have it equipped..

To be truthfull, I'm attempting to prove something that I shouldnt be..here's the answer..You find a Jedi robe on a sith assasin because...It's a "Random item generator" therefor it wont always make sence because its random.

Ya know, the randomized items might be a cool thing if the developers had been more limiting on the selection of items that can be found in a specific spot.  Like from raiding the tomb on Korriban it would have made sense to find rare crystals/jedi/sith objects.  On Duxon you should find a larger concentration of Mandalorian items and Jedi items.  On Onderon you could find items specific to mercenary races--items from bounty hunter races on Nar Shaddaa, etc., etc.  I could never understand why I'd find Jedi robes on Sith assassins at Malachor.  :huh:

And where are all the cool uber-crystals listed in the Prima guide?  I haven't come across a one!

Concur. Totally randomized items have been more of a hassle. Finding medpacs when you break into Nadd's tomb is annoying. I like the idea of localized random items. I'm still hoping to run across white robes to make my character look like the one on the back of the strategy guide, but no such luck. Sith assassins are the biggest disappointments in item giving that I can recall; I don't remember ever getting anything off of the hordes of them that I wind up slaughtering over the course of the game.

The Qixoni crystal is available from the woman in the Onderon cantina who wants a starport visa. Light or Dark, it's worth getting, even if it does give Dark Side points to acquire it. I made the mistake of not doing that, and now I regret it.

Ya know, the randomized items might be a cool thing if the developers had been more limiting on the selection of items that can be found in a specific spot.  Like from raiding the tomb on Korriban it would have made sense to find rare crystals/jedi/sith objects.  On Duxon you should find a larger concentration of Mandalorian items and Jedi items.  On Onderon you could find items specific to mercenary races--items from bounty hunter races on Nar Shaddaa, etc., etc.  I could never understand why I'd find Jedi robes on Sith assassins at Malachor.  :huh:

Concur. Totally randomized items have been more of a hassle. Finding medpacs when you break into Nadd's tomb is annoying. I like the idea of localized random items. I'm still hoping to run across white robes to make my character look like the one on the back of the strategy guide, but no such luck. Sith assassins are the biggest disappointments in item giving that I can recall; I don't remember ever getting anything off of the hordes of them that I wind up slaughtering over the course of the game.

The Qixoni crystal is available from the woman in the Onderon cantina who wants a starport visa. Light or Dark, it's worth getting, even if it does give Dark Side points to acquire it. I made the mistake of not doing that, and now I regret it.

The Qixoni crystal is NOT worth getting if you are LS because guess what? *drumroll* it is restricted to DS, you would know that if you got it.

That's how I feel. It's irritating when I loot areas that should produce unique or high power items (Korriban, Onderon Palace, Mandalorian catches, Sith assassins!! <_< ) only to find crap inventory that you'll never need or that doesn't apply to your character. I've yet to find any of the high power saber crystals, which turned into a real bitch for my Jedi Weapon Master. The random loot idea could have been a really nice addition to the KotOR license if only it had been implimented more thoughtfully.

Oh, and Fenris, your quote is hilarious. "First Malak and now you. It's a pity you Sith Lords die so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now." I couldn't have summed it up better