System Requirements for the PC version

The big deal is that a game is less than a month away from release and such basic information has yet been stated.  You would think they would know the minimum requirements and recommended requirements by now and if they do why not post them on the website like many other publishers/developers do when a game is about to be released.  Something is up.

Good point, Hades. At this point I am absolutely stumped on what the heck the deal is with TSL. I've been checking every website I can, and all I can get is 'system specs are coming soon', or, like Walmart did, putting the KOTOR specs up for KOTOR II. They've listed [correct me if I'm wrong]

System Requirements:

* Windows 98, 98SE, Me, 2000, XP

* Pentium III

* 1 GHz

* 128 MB RAM

* 4 GB hard drive space

* 32 MB OpenGL 1.4-compatible PCI or AGP 3D video card

* DirectX 9.0b-compatible sound card

* CD-ROM 4x

This bothers me because I've been saving for a few months now for KOTOR II and I just barely meet the requirements for the original KOTOR - I have a 1 GHz P3 [although it keeps telling me I have a 996 Mhz and therefore can't play it <_<], plenty of HDD space, and KOTOR 1 ran fine - of course, having a 256 MB ATi 9600 card and 384 MB of RAM helped too.

If I'm going to need a new processor to run KOTOR II because it needs a 1.5 GHz, I'm going to go stick the cash I've saved in the bank and try and deal with my disappointment now instead getting all psyched out about a game I won't be able to play. And since the game is going to be released on 2/8 - which does seem to be the release date, regardless of whatever anyone else is saying - I find LA / Obsidian's lack of information disturbing.

Or, to quote Darth Vader-

"The Emperor is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress".

:)

Chances are you will be able to play it. It's probably the same as KotOR 1; I mean it is the same engine, etc. Even if the recommeded is at 1.5Ghz you'll probably be able to still play it, just might not be too pretty. This is coming from someone who managed to play Max Payne 2 on a 500mhz :) .

I think there's a lot riding on this release, for both L.A. and Obsidian. Mike Gallo has been quoted as saying that the success of KOTOR 1 and 2 will ensure the Star Wars RPG franchise.  Link.  If they need more time to polish up the PC version, they should take it.  While I never suffered the XBox problems or multiple "broken quests" that some have complained of, the errors I did encounter were annoying and detracted from a very good game. Most seem to be the kinds of errors that could easily be eliminated from the PC release.  I wouldn't mind a 2nd Quarter release at all if some of the additional content was restored.

That said, "the powers that be" should keep us informed.

Argh! why does everyone insist on a delay to the PC version, they can release it as planned and the just come out with a patch that fixes everything without us having to wait.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Fearless, I rather have a bugless game released later than get the game now and have it patch later.

I'd rather have a bugless game released now. :shifty:

There's no such thing as a bugless PC game =P

True True... It doesn't hurt to dream though? :)

The closest thing I've seen to a "bugless" PC game is Star Trek : Starfleet Command 2 Orion Pirates. That game has a million patches, almost every bug has been fixed in the game. A major online game like Everquest, FF XI, Planetside, Counterstrike, Anarchy Online etc. etc. etc. has more bugs because of the amount of content in the game.

The big deal is that a game is less than a month away from release and such basic information has yet been stated.  You would think they would know the minimum requirements and recommended requirements by now and if they do why not post them on the website like many other publishers/developers do when a game is about to be released.  Something is up.

Good point, Hades. At this point I am absolutely stumped on what the heck the deal is with TSL. I've been checking every website I can, and all I can get is 'system specs are coming soon', or, like Walmart did, putting the KOTOR specs up for KOTOR II. They've listed [correct me if I'm wrong]

System Requirements:

* Windows 98, 98SE, Me, 2000, XP

* Pentium III

* 1 GHz

* 128 MB RAM

* 4 GB hard drive space

* 32 MB OpenGL 1.4-compatible PCI or AGP 3D video card

* DirectX 9.0b-compatible sound card

* CD-ROM 4x

This bothers me because I've been saving for a few months now for KOTOR II and I just barely meet the requirements for the original KOTOR - I have a 1 GHz P3 [although it keeps telling me I have a 996 Mhz and therefore can't play it <_<], plenty of HDD space, and KOTOR 1 ran fine - of course, having a 256 MB ATi 9600 card and 384 MB of RAM helped too.

If I'm going to need a new processor to run KOTOR II because it needs a 1.5 GHz, I'm going to go stick the cash I've saved in the bank and try and deal with my disappointment now instead getting all psyched out about a game I won't be able to play. And since the game is going to be released on 2/8 - which does seem to be the release date, regardless of whatever anyone else is saying - I find LA / Obsidian's lack of information disturbing.

Or, to quote Darth Vader-

"The Emperor is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress".

:shifty:

Chances are you will be able to play it. It's probably the same as KotOR 1; I mean it is the same engine, etc. Even if the recommeded is at 1.5Ghz you'll probably be able to still play it, just might not be too pretty. This is coming from someone who managed to play Max Payne 2 on a 500mhz ;) .

Wow, lots of quoting going on.

I know that we've come to the general conclusion that the system requirements will *slightly* higher than KOTOR, but it would be really, really nice for Obsidian to throw us all a bone rather than leaving us hanging. I hope that THEY know what the reqs. are!

You got Max Payne 2 working on a 500 Mhz??? I'm not worthy!

:)

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

Fearless, I rather have a bugless game released later than get the game now and have it patch later.

I'd rather have a bugless game released now. :)

or do what you've planning on doing hades, get the game later if at all. by then you should have a game thats nearly bugless because of the patches that were released before you bought it....

[although it keeps telling me I have a 996 Mhz and therefore can't play it]

Hmm... The KotOR system analyzing tool is really stupid. My friend had a 700MHz and a 800MHz and ran KotOR on both of them. I had a 900MHz and KotOR ran smoothly on it too. I don't use it anymore though...

The PC system spec. is out at the Official Site

Computer:

100DirectX 9.0c compatible computer.

Operating Systems:

Windows 98 SE, Millennium (ME), 2000, and XP.

CPU:

Pentium III or Athlon class 1 GHz or faster required.

Pentium 4 or Athlon XP class 1.6 GHz or faster recommended.

Memory:

256 MB RAM required.

512 MB RAM recommended.

Graphics Card:

32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compliant AGP or PCX 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability required.

ATI Radeon 9200 or NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti or better recommended.

Sound Card:

100DirectX 9.0c compatible audio device required.

CD-ROM:

Quad Speed CD-ROM drive required.

16 Speed CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive recommended.

DirectX:

Microsoft DirectX 9.0c is included on this CD. You will be prompted to install DirectX during the installation of this game if this or a more recent version isn't already properly installed on your system.

NOTE: DirectX may require the "latest" updates for your operating system. This may also include the latest drivers for your particular motherboard, sound and video hardware.

Here is the chipset list for the system specs:

-----------------------------------------------------

Video Chipsets Supported at Time of Release:

ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9200

ATI Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800

ATI Radeon X300/X600/X700/X800

NVIDIA GeForce 2/3/4 Family

NVIDIA GeForceFX Family

NVIDIA GeForce 6 Family

Additional chipsets supported. For a complete list of supported 3D cards, please consult the Troubleshooting Guide, or visit the Technical Section of the LucasArts website at www.lucasarts.com.

Better late than never.  :devil:

Does this mean that you are actually gonna buy it?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!