System Requirements for the PC version

I saw an add on gamespot and it said " Coming to PC on February 15." At least I think that is what it said. :cool:

Edit: Yes, that is what the ad said.

And to talk anout the hardware side of things, I disliked playing KOTOR on a 9600xt, I loved the battle animation but seeing them at 15 frames did them no justice. I could not stand trying them on a Geforce 2,

I played KotOR 1 on a Athlon 900 CPU and a GF2 MX400 decently enough.

well that because you don't max out the graphic settings and expect it to run fine...if you don't mind running at a lower res then you should have no problem

Omg guys. I sold my Gf4 Ti4800se because i felt bad performance even in kotor1 (1024x768 reso). Cant image how someone can play with gf4 mx or even lower card. Next week i will have gf 6600gt and i hope it will perform well with kotor2 :o

I'll take any donations anyone wants to give a college student

I'm all about the pity

Just is the system requirements for this game anyway? Out of curiousity I went to the LucasArts main siste and it doesn't list them. What the hell is up with that? The game is less than a month from being released and they don't have the system requirements up?!?!? Don't you guys know the system reuirements, Obsidian? have you shared this information with LucasArts yet? What is the freaking delay? Very bad form to not list the system requirements with a game less than a month from release. Get on your publisher's ass so they can get their work done.

Just is the system requirements for this game anyway?  Out of curiousity I went to the LucasArts main siste and it doesn't list them.  What the hell is up with that?  The game is less than a month from being released and they don't have the system requirements up?!?!?  Don't you guys know the system reuirements, Obsidian?  have you shared this information with LucasArts yet?  What is the freaking delay?  Very bad form to not list the system requirements with a game less than a month from release.  Get on your publisher's ass so they can get their work done.

Indeed, it really doesn't make any sense. Republic Commando comes out after this game, and they have movies, trailers, system info, and lots of other cool stuff on their LucasArts website.

What does Kotor 2, sequel to game of the year get? One unsatisfying trailer, minimal character descriptions, and 2 feats that are exactly the same as in the first game, among other poor things.

I mean, it's one thing to say that they don't care what we think of the game, and they just want us to buy it so they can make money. But you'd think they would have a better marketing campaign to get us to buy it in the first place.

Something is up :ermm:

Just is the system requirements for this game anyway?  Out of curiousity I went to the LucasArts main siste and it doesn't list them.  What the hell is up with that?  The game is less than a month from being released and they don't have the system requirements up?!?!?  Don't you guys know the system reuirements, Obsidian?  have you shared this information with LucasArts yet?  What is the freaking delay?  Very bad form to not list the system requirements with a game less than a month from release.  Get on your publisher's ass so they can get their work done.

I think that anyone who spent enough time on this forum and who can think for himself would come to the conclusion that the systemreq. will be slightly heavier than those for K1. Why make it such a big deal, Hades? Or is this just some sensless random whining due to a lack of anything better to whine about? >_<

:ph34r:

I think that anyone who spent enough time on this forum and who can think for himself would come to the conclusion that the systemreq. will be slightly heavier than those for K1. Why make it such a big deal, Hades? Or is this just some sensless random whining due to a lack of anything better to whine about? >_<

:ph34r:

Personally I think it will be a little easier for people to play than the last game. They're supporting more vid card drivers, which was the source of frustration for many people last game.

The big deal is that a game is less than a month away from release and such basic information has yet been stated. You would think they would know the minimum requirements and recommended requirements by now and if they do why not post them on the website like many other publishers/developers do when a game is about to be released. Something is up.

The big deal is that a game is less than a month away from release and such basic information has yet been stated.  You would think they would know the minimum requirements and recommended requirements by now and if they do why not post them on the website like many other publishers/developers do when a game is about to be released.  Something is up.

So the issue is the lack off attention LA pays to details like this, and you are afraid this will translate in a general lack of support for K2, as in patches and stuff?

Agreed.  Its like Lucas Arts doesn't want the game to be sold.  What is up with this Obsidian?  ANSWER US! What is going on here?

Maybe the developers are working on releasing all the stuff they cut from the X-Box version and throw in new stuff like custom lightsabers and don't want to waste time with a pretty pointless website?

And then maybe a journalist will prove that Bush rigged the election and that Kerry won by over 100 000 000 votes.

The big deal is that a game is less than a month away from release and such basic information has yet been stated.  You would think they would know the minimum requirements and recommended requirements by now and if they do why not post them on the website like many other publishers/developers do when a game is about to be released.  Something is up.

I think there's a lot riding on this release, for both L.A. and Obsidian. Mike Gallo has been quoted as saying that the success of KOTOR 1 and 2 will ensure the Star Wars RPG franchise. Link. If they need more time to polish up the PC version, they should take it. While I never suffered the XBox problems or multiple "broken quests" that some have complained of, the errors I did encounter were annoying and detracted from a very good game. Most seem to be the kinds of errors that could easily be eliminated from the PC release. I wouldn't mind a 2nd Quarter release at all if some of the additional content was restored.

That said, "the powers that be" should keep us informed.

God if the SW:KotORII model is the future of Star Wars RPG then I rather not have Star RPGs at all.

The fact is there is not much riding on this release, they aimed at the xmas sales rush to make as much profit out if it and just drop it, LucasArts is now marketing Mercenaries and then Stars Wars: Republic Commandos.

I think the only ones that have things at stake is Activision since they are handing the european release .

And as Hades said, its one month away and no system specs with likely means another rushed release since they are still woking on the PC coding and not moved into beta testing of the PC version.

drakron.png

Omg guys. I sold my Gf4 Ti4800se because i felt bad performance even in kotor1 (1024x768 reso). Cant image how someone can play with gf4 mx or even lower card. Next week i will have gf 6600gt and i hope it will perform well with kotor2 :)

I'll take any donations anyone wants to give a college student

I'm all about the pity

Btw im stundent also :-"

Indeed, it really doesn't make any sense. Republic Commando comes out after this game, and they have movies, trailers, system info, and lots of other cool stuff on their LucasArts website.

What does Kotor 2, sequel to game of the year get? One unsatisfying trailer, minimal character descriptions, and 2 feats that are exactly the same as in the first game, among other poor things.

I mean, it's one thing to say that they don't care what we think of the game, and they just want us to buy it so they can make money. But you'd think they would have a better marketing campaign to get us to buy it in the first place.

Something is up :-

im very surprised about this as well. but i think lucasarts is approaching this the same way they approached marketing the xbox release. i never saw one single television commercial about it, so other than the fact ive followed its progress on the internet, i wouldnt have known about it. yet their other releases, like mercenaries, or battlefront, ive seen dozens of commercials for on television.

lucasarts dropped the ball big time on kotor2, in terms of every single decision they made about the game.

(note to those who will respond with "obsidian is as much to blame": im not saying theyre not, im just commenting on the piss poor marketing on lucasarts behalf)

Good point, Hades. At this point I am absolutely stumped on what the heck the deal is with TSL. I've been checking every website I can, and all I can get is 'system specs are coming soon', or, like Walmart did, putting the KOTOR specs up for KOTOR II. They've listed [correct me if I'm wrong]

System Requirements:

* Windows 98, 98SE, Me, 2000, XP

* Pentium III

* 1 GHz

* 128 MB RAM

* 4 GB hard drive space

* 32 MB OpenGL 1.4-compatible PCI or AGP 3D video card

* DirectX 9.0b-compatible sound card

* CD-ROM 4x

This bothers me because I've been saving for a few months now for KOTOR II and I just barely meet the requirements for the original KOTOR - I have a 1 GHz P3 [although it keeps telling me I have a 996 Mhz and therefore can't play it <_<], plenty of HDD space, and KOTOR 1 ran fine - of course, having a 256 MB ATi 9600 card and 384 MB of RAM helped too.

If I'm going to need a new processor to run KOTOR II because it needs a 1.5 GHz, I'm going to go stick the cash I've saved in the bank and try and deal with my disappointment now instead getting all psyched out about a game I won't be able to play. And since the game is going to be released on 2/8 - which does seem to be the release date, regardless of whatever anyone else is saying - I find LA / Obsidian's lack of information disturbing.

Or, to quote Darth Vader-

"The Emperor is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress".

:thumbsup:

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR