System Requirements for the PC version

There's nothing official yet...

But it does look like 32 MB models of GeForce 2 cards or lower might have some problems due to not having enough texture memory and not supporting some shaders.

That is still being investigated at this point. If you have a newer video card than that, then there shouldn't be any problems.

-Akari

Um...  WHo in their right mind would have a GeForce 2 in their system nowadays anyway?

:unsure:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

:unsure:

The shame!

Hey, it's not like I have much of a choice :'( . with my life situation and economy looking the way they do now, I simply cannot afford anything higher than what I have right now. Had I the choice, GeForce 4 would be my choice... anyone who wanna give me a GeForce 4? :)"

................ Right, throught not! <_<

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

:shifty:

The shame!

Hey, it's not like I have much of a choice :'( . with my life situation and economy looking the way they do now, I simply cannot afford anything higher than what I have right now. Had I the choice, GeForce 4 would be my choice... anyone who wanna give me a GeForce 4? :-"

If you want, I can give you my old 128MB GeForce FX 5200. Now that I have my 256MB card, I don't really use it at all. :)

manthing2.jpg

:shifty:

The shame!

Hey, it's not like I have much of a choice :'( . with my life situation and economy looking the way they do now, I simply cannot afford anything higher than what I have right now. Had I the choice, GeForce 4 would be my choice... anyone who wanna give me a GeForce 4? :-"

If you want, I can give you my old 128MB GeForce FX 5200. Now that I have my 256MB card, I don't really use it at all. :)

How does the 5200 compare to the Ti 4600 or Ti 4800? I know the Ti 4800 cannot even come close to the 5950 Ultra. The reason I am asking is because I still have a 256MB 5200 and a 256MB 6800 Ultra OC...

Dark Wanderer, if you don't want his 5200, I could give you my 32MB ATi Rage Pro. Its got lightning fast SDRAM!!! WHOA!!!! AMAZING

:)

The shame!

How does the 5200 compare to the Ti 4600 or Ti 4800? I know the Ti 4800 cannot even come close to the 5950 Ultra. The reason I am asking is because I still have a 256MB 5200 and a 256MB 6800 Ultra OC...

Dark Wanderer, if you don't want his 5200, I could give you my 32MB ATi Rage Pro. Its got lightning fast SDRAM!!! WHOA!!!! AMAZING

A gf4 ti cannot display directx 9 effects like the gf 5200 can, but the gf ti is faster than her newer brother. some 5200 cards have 4pp and 128 memory bus, others have only 2 pp/128 mem bus, and still others have 4pp/64 mem bus. Thus it s a waste of money.

There's nothing official yet...

But it does look like 32 MB models of GeForce 2 cards or lower might have some problems due to not having enough texture memory and not supporting some shaders.

That is still being investigated at this point.  If you have a newer video card than that, then there shouldn't be any problems.

-Akari

so it should work on a GeForce 2 64 MB :D :D

Hmm, you're all giving me some quite good offers. I'm rather surpised, I admit :shifty:. I'm grateful, through I don't know if I could accept right away for a number of reasons - first we'd have to know if the stuff you're offerign would fit together with my computer - some stuff don't go too well with certain computers, I'm afraid... And Besides, I don't know which of your offers would be the best. I'm not too good at technical matters, to my shame, so I don't know which choice would be the best :">. And besides, as my own computer is back at my dorm for the time being, I can't get my system specs or whatever it's called right away :blink:.

But besides that, iI wonder.. KOTOR 1 work(s)ed fine on my computer. Long loading times at certain points, but nothing serious. So since KOTOR 2 is using basically the same engine with a few changes (like weather), why would there be any problems?

Hmm, you're all giving me some quite good offers. I'm rather surpised, I admit :-. I'm grateful, through I don't know if I could accept right away for a number of reasons - first we'd have to know if the stuff you're offerign would fit together with my computer - some stuff don't go too well with certain computers, I'm afraid... And Besides, I don't know which of your offers would be the best. I'm not too good at technical matters, to my shame, so I don't know which choice would be the best :">. And besides, as my own computer is back at my dorm for the time being, I can't get my system specs or whatever it's called right away :wacko:.

But besides that, iI wonder.. KOTOR 1 work(s)ed fine on my computer. Long loading times at certain points, but nothing serious. So since KOTOR 2 is using basically the same engine with a few changes (like weather), why would there be any problems?

I would still purchase an FX 5900 or 5950 Ultra even though on average at 3DMark 05, it was near 5 FPS... That doesn't mean its a bad card but if you are on a budget, its still quite a good card. Ofcourse, you could always go for a standard 6800, a 6600 GT or a 9800Pro which are all good cards. Obviously they wont run HL2 at 1600*1200 on 8x or 16x aa or something but they still work well with games...

I actually have a 32 meg ATI Rage Fury Pro in my basement as well.  I have no clue what to do with it.

I am now the A.A. person or Anti-ATi. I purchased a 9600XT (256MB) and it didnt even work properly... My friend purchased an X800 XL but it was beaten by a 6800 GT which was OC'ed ot 400/1100 (6800 Ultra levels). I will never ever ever ever buy ATi cards again. Dell gave me an X800 SE offer but the card is crap since its 12 pipleines and its only 325/700 or something... The X850 XT PE is a super powerful card at 540/1180 and 16 pipes but ofcourse I'm not paying $650 - $700 US for a stupid card when for near $800, I can get 2*6800 or 6800 GTO cards... If you know a good retailer, for $800, you might be able to get 2 6800 GT cards which u can use in SLI and OC them to Ultra levels. No ATi card can compete with that.... There isn't a HUGE difference between the X800 XT PE and X850 XT PE anyways...

I actually have a 32 meg ATI Rage Fury Pro in my basement as well.  I have no clue what to do with it.

get a bunch of old parts and build a work machine with it...the old card still works right...or you could sell it on ebay...

for example i sold a voodoo 3 on ebay for 45 bucks frankly my buy it now price was a joke...and some one bought it for that...there alot of stupid people in the world...

I say sell it

:)

The shame!

Got a unused GF3 Ti 200 128meg agp ill sell if your interested to help you out.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Thnaks for the advice and offers, everyone :). e'lls ee, I guess. GeForce 2 may not be the very best card around, but for the most part, it suits my needs. Let's first wait until KOTOR 2 gets out and see if it works or not and after that I'll take a look in my wallet and see what can be done about it... :o.

Integrated Video Output? Eewwwww.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."