Game Manual Question

Are you serious? Or are you being sarcastic?

If it's inferior then what in God's name is wrong with Lucasarts? Why are they so lazy about everything they do? <_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I gotta believe that it has to do with selling those Game Guides

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I have never had any use for guides, but then again I've never had any problem beating any game ever, and am most likely the greatest gamer ever, as proclaimed by various sources from game reviewers, professional gamers, devs, company execs, etc. :-

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I gotta believe that it has to do with selling those Game Guides

I never thought of that before, but if that's the case that's rather shady (yet, at the same time a good business decision). <_<

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The manual is pathetic. No real class information of any kind.

The guide doesnt have this information either.

I was told almost two weeks ago by someone at Obsidian that they were working on getting that information available 'soon' but havent heard or seen anything since.

olaf

I think we need a good friend at www.gamefaqs.com to write an FAQ for this game, and maybe make some good tables while they are at it.

www.gamebanshee.com was pretty good for KOTOR1.

Man, what is with not making full manuals in games anymore?  Another reason to skip this game.

In and of itself (did I get that saying correct?), a poor manual is a rather silly reason to avoid a game.

I like a manual that gives every bit of game rules information.  If it has a toolset, it has the manual fully tells a user how to use the toolset in its full capacity.

Anything less is just silly.

Considering you already seem to be an expert when it comes to rules and such, I didn't think this would matter to you. :thumbsup:"

Also, KOTOR2 doesn't have a toolset. So again, that's a moot point.

Excellent. In no time we will not be getting manuals at all. I mean, what's the point of having a manual which explains what you learn in the first two minutes of playing?

Those guys at Valve really know their stuff. They understand that manuals are really pointless so they just included a single sheet listing the key configuration, so you can just toss the disk in and start the madness. LA had better learn from them.

Unfinished games with useless manuals. I love this stuff.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

At the risk of agreeing with Hades ( :blink: ), what compells a company like Lucasarts to do such a piss poor job on a manual? Does it really take that much time to print up a decently imformative manual? Or is this another consequence of a "rushed release before Christmas"?