ANNOUNCEMENT:Referring To Bug Fixs In K2!

We internationals have got even.

We have to wait, and they get a buggy version. :lol:  :lol:

Now i know having to wait is a good thing. :p

Anyway, let the waiting begin. :-"

Still Waiting.  :-:-"

Still Waiting. :-:-:-"

Still Waiti... ah forget it.

LOL LOL this is funny too lol....now I am glad I ain't in USA to get the buggy version of TSL...thank goodness I'm In Australia.

Oh boy I have pitty for the Americans now lol.

Does this mean that once the international version is out, american retailers will get different versions of the game than the one the've been getting up to now? If that's so, how will customers be able to tell between the patched and unpatched versions?

Heh, it seems it was worth waiting after all. :p"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

My only request with this series is that they make it exactly how it is into an MMORPG!

I guess I will just have to play my version of the the game then sometime around june go to wal-mart and exchange it for a new version.... this is saying that there is going to be a new version for the North America market.

Also a directors cut, double pack or however you want to pack it/ call it, would be great the only thing I would want for them to do in the "double pack" is to include the Yavin download for kotor in the release... or in other owrds so I wouldn't have to Download it.

p.s. I didn't buy the game at wal-mart but they are very slack on their return policy so its all good :D .

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

My only request with this series is that they make it exactly how it is into an MMORPG!

I guess I will just have to play my version of the the game then sometime around june go to wal-mart and exchange it for a new version.... this is saying that there is going to be a new version for the North America market.

Also a directors cut, double pack or however you want to pack it/ call it, would be great the only thing I would want for them to do in the "double pack" is to include the Yavin download for kotor in the release... or in other owrds so I wouldn't have to Download it.

p.s. I didn't buy the game at wal-mart but they are very slack on their return policy so its all good :D .

so there is going to be a new version for you americans is there? because we interrnationals are getting the bug fixs I believe alot of people be pleased indeed!

so there is going to be a new version for you americans is there? because we interrnationals are getting the bug fixs I believe alot of people be pleased indeed!

MMORPG KotOR? wow, that's uh...err a great idea considering how well SWG did...(lmao)

And great news for everyone except us American xbox gamer's, we get the buggy,glitchy first draft...pfft, typical.

MMORPG KotOR? wow, that's uh...err a great idea considering how well SWG did...(lmao)

And great news for everyone except us American xbox gamer's, we get the buggy,glitchy first draft...pfft, typical.

Bastila

As I said I don't know for sure whether or not there is going to be a new version for the American release but if there is I am for sure going to trade mine in.

Qxiili

Thanks for bringing that up I kinda forgot to comment on the post I had qouted :"> . I think MMORPG KOTOR would be the worst idea ever, since as many have said there could be NO STORY in the game if it was online. And secondly (most important if you ask me) is that I wouldn't buy something that I would have to continue to pay for just so I could play the game, now if it was free then for sure, if and only IF they could get the story to work.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

Stargate,

it looked like you said there was gonig to be a new verson for the american version.

yeah sorry about that :"> , I figured after I read your post I needed to clear that up a bit. As of right now I can't get an answer as whether or not there is going to be one for the american release, though since they are taking the time to fix the international release I think there should be, if for no other reason other than the majority of the Xbox market is in north america. Also I think EnderWiggin might be correct about the exchange only being offered to the registered users, so I would recommend that American xboxers do this just incase, lord knows I am going to just incase.

P.S. If any Devs happen to see this thread if you could comment on wether or not the US release is getting fixed for another release? please, just so we have some idea if there is going to be any hope of fixing some of the problems that people are having. Thanks .

AscendedPaladin.png

Stargate,

it looked like you said there was gonig to be a new verson for the american version.

yeah sorry about that :"> , I figured after I read your post I needed to clear that up a bit. As of right now I can't get an answer as whether or not there is going to be one for the american release, though since they are taking the time to fix the international release I think there should be, if for no other reason other than the majority of the Xbox market is in north america. Also I think EnderWiggin might be correct about the exchange only being offered to the registered users, so I would recommend that American xboxers do this just incase, lord knows I am going to just incase.

P.S. If any Devs happen to see this thread if you could comment on wether or not the US release is getting fixed for another release? please, just so we have some idea if there is going to be any hope of fixing some of the problems that people are having. Thanks .

no problems my dear Stargate2000 :p

I know I've said this in other threads

It is normal for International game releases to contain fixes to problems seen in USA releases or Japanese releases (whichever came first)

This is true for many developers/publishers

There is a window of opportunity because we nearly always get things last, so developers tend to use this window of opportunity to fix issues. It kind of makes up for us having to wait for the game, and also if there is bad publicity then there is no reason why more people should suffer bugs that can be fixed before we get it. It wouldn't make commercial sense - particularly as Europe is a target market for expansion by both Microsoft and Japanese game companies

Product standards are typically higher in Europe and I'm not just talking about games, plus the prices we pay are higher - like $75 for a new game, so sellers need to go the extra mile to sell something good

Microsoft made sure that Halo2 was top quality before it was released, and I think so should others. But this is more of an exception - so it's really up to gamers to speak out and demand better quality games - and this would be good for everyone in the world

Microsoft made sure that Halo2 was top quality before it was released, and I think so should others.  But this is more of an exception - so it's really up to gamers to speak out and demand better quality games - and this would be good for everyone in the world

Err, the 'popping' textures in the in-game videos in Halo2 aren't necessary, cause the engine could easily do without it. So its a bug :lol:

But to be honest, this is no game breaking bug, unlike many in Kotor2. Still, I enjoy playing Kotor2 alot :)

thats kind of what I was getting at ... I just didn't call it a speacial edition  :(  :p

Thats not going to happen. The real arrogance here is not including Live functionality to be able to download patches. Theres no reason to get rid of it... it was already part of the engine in KOTOR1 but no... they couldn't give the consumer the idea that they'd continue supporting their game. That'd just be too much to ask. I guess the legacy of thrift (to put it politely) of the continually indebted Black Isle/Interplay lives on with Obsidian.

As it stands right now good RPGs are the only games I buy at full price. Everything else I wait until its at the 20-24.99 used bin range to buy. With developers putting out half-finished products I have to wonder if its worth the wait for a PC version or just 6 months for a discounted version like everything else. Too late now for KOTOR2 I guess.

As it stands right now good RPGs are the only games I buy at full price. Everything else I wait until its at the 20-24.99 used bin range to buy. With developers putting out half-finished products I have to wonder if its worth the wait for a PC version or just 6 months for a discounted version like everything else. Too late now for KOTOR2 I guess.

There is a german game known as 'Sacred' (http://eng.sacred-game.com/index.php) which is kinda 'Diablo II Advanced'. Well, the first release was buggy like hell. But fortunatly, the developers decided to fix that. Nowadays, owners of the orginal game may download all the recent patches/fixes and add-ons in one package for free (~100MB), get sent a cd with those things for free too if they like and also, theres a 'Sacred Second Edition' out in stores, which already includes all the mentioned stuff for those who did not buy the game yet.

:(:p:blink:

Sorry, Stargate I think you're out of luck. The general attitude towards bugs in console games is : "Let the users deal with it, we already have their money." Considering LA's very poor record in terms of Technical Support I don't think you should ever expect to see KotOR2 revised. If you want the bugfixes, I think you'll have to either import a PAL version or get the PC edition.

PS2 PAL releases generally have much fewer bugs than their NTSC counterparts, and most of the time the games include bonus material as well

Like Konami has done with Metal Gear Solid 3: That game won't be out in PAL until March, but they have announced two new gamemodes and extra as-of-yet unrevealed bonus material to make up for the wait.

I would like to see this become industry standard, myself. Especially as both games and console hardware generally costs 1/3rd more here than in the States. Which is the #1 reason that console gaming is mostly confined to the US and Japan. I don't see this changing unless companies like Sony and Microsoft lower their international prices and start releasing games and hardware on a global basis, as in: everywhere at once. That would combat piracy, too. (I know I'm not in the States but have a K2 Xbox copy anyway...do the math).

ah but I think it's perfectly fair .. the US X-box'ers were were happy to get the game first .. and all us PC'ers get something for whining like children! it's Karma, in the balance-of-the-universe kinda way!

Fortune favors the bald.

ah but I think it's perfectly fair .. the US X-box'ers were were happy to get the game first .. and all us PC'ers get something for whining like children! it's Karma, in the balance-of-the-universe kinda way!

How is this fair? Are you saying the PC'rs wouldnt have been excited if they were going to get the game before the xboxers. I think all xboxers would agree they would rather have a finished than be tricked into buying a game that isnt finished. Saying its fair because xboxers get a game early so its ok that its unfinished is just ridicules. Sure PCers will love it but xboxers shouldnt ever buy another game with the obsidian label on it.