Arg! What's going on?

Ok, enough fun...

Atris became Darth Traya after Kreia lost her connection to the force. Kreia takes back the title after you resolved your affair with Atris.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Strategy Guides are very often worthless. Prima is renounded for thier utter worthlessness. I've never opened a Prima guide that isn't full of errors and inconcsistancies. Just one of the many good reasons never to buy a guide.

Strategy Guides are one of those things that tend to cross my mind "what can I do that I would actually enjoy". It wouldn't be hard to out do Prima in quality, but how the heck do you wedge your foot into such a nitch market. :thumbsup:

P.S.

The guide is wrong about Traya and Atris showing up at all in dark clothing. I'm going to even go as far as to say that Atris was never Traya (sorry Leferd), I do not recall the dialog which pointed that fact out. "Darth" is a title, the name behind it is not and it is not passed around.

I'm not going to dispute Atris wearing dark clothing, (I've always seen her in white) but in conversation with Kreia, it was alluded that Atris took up the mantle of Darth Traya when she fell to the dark side.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

SPOILERS:

The game clearly designates Kreia as Traya, however, when you are talking to Kreia at the end of the game on Malachor, there is a dialogue option where you can ask her "Why did Atris betray me?" and Kreia answers with something like "She betrayed herself" and "There must always be a Darth Traya."

Kreia didn't specifically say Atris was Traya, but she implied it by saying "Atris betrayed herself and there must always be a Darth Traya." Just another aspect of the game that was very confusing and an aspect the Devs could have made more clear.

The only thing I can gather is that either Atris was Traya, or they both were. I am leaning to they both were, as was implied by Kreia when she went to study with Atris and teach her.

I still haven't totally figured out exactly just how Atris was dark side. All I gathered was she was trying to save the teachings of the Jedi -- doesn't seem too "darkside" to me.

From what I got out of the dialogue in the game, Atris refused to accept that she had fallen to the Dark Side (thus betraying herself) until Kreia showed her the light (no pun intended). So up until the moment you defeat Atris, she was the acting Darth Treya (albeit unknowingly for most of her stint), and Kreia assumed the mantle again as she headed back to Malachor V.

The reason Atris fell was she was hoarding both Jedi and Sith holocrons - she sought to save the Jedi teachings and wanted to understand the Sith teachings so she could learn how to defeat them. Of course, since she piled them all up in her meditation chamber, she went and got herself corrupted.

well,and this is just my thoughts on it,it seems that "traya" means "betrayer" or "the betrayer",which fits into the dialog i believe.also if you recall,kreia tells you that she and atris both started as keepers of the archives,and that atris has been walkin a path which kreia had walked a long time before.anyways there my thoughts and deductions,take them as you will.

Yeah, I saw it being that she felt that the jedi teachings were wrong and that you needed to expose people to both Sith and Jedi Order teachings in order to maintain balance but she fell to the dark side and you realize that the only way to have balance in the force is without the fanatical teachings of the Jedi Order or the Sith.