KOTOR II: from the eyes of a Star Wars FANATIC

"like Yuthura Ban, who is in all likelyhood dead, and wasn't even a primary point of interest in the game she was originally in."

Yet, she's a pretty popular character. Imagine that, a sequel drawing from an apparant strength (to many) of the original. WOWSERS! Instead they bring back a 1 bit tin can that had less to say than Yuthura and it was a aprty member! Hahaha. There is no logic in that.

THANK YOU.

Its funny that he says, "In all likelyhood".

If Obsidian can bring back useless assasin droids, and T3, they can account for a major NPC from KOTORI.

This goes back to the point that Obsidian didnt take enough time to study KOTOR I or the community that truly appreciates KOTOR's contribution to the Star Wars universe.

thanks.

I appreciate the name calling.

jeez, you guys should have told me this was an Obsidian fan club site, I thought this was a site to have frank discussions about games.

Name calling? I said your actions were ignorant. Which they were. There are specific forums on this message board for spoiler information and you chose to ignore it. That has nothing to do with being in an "Obsidian fan club" and everything to do with common courtesy.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Lo que pasa es que  EnderWiggin y Shadowstrider son unos chupamedias de obsdian y por eso defienden a capa y espada kotor 2 par paleros, GLOBAL  74  I felt the same way you did about the game

hablo un poquito de espanol, y entiendo lo que dices. Es la verdad!!!

I think that the Obsidian fan club is out in force these days.

They are calling me names: ignorant, stupid, illogical, but Im not gonna go there.

I bought the game for $38.00 and now I want them to know we are displeased with the result.

thanks.

I appreciate the name calling.

jeez, you guys should have told me this was an Obsidian fan club site, I thought this was a site to have frank discussions about games.

Name calling? I said your actions were ignorant. Which they were. There are specific forums on this message board for spoiler information and you chose to ignore it. That has nothing to do with being in an "Obsidian fan club" and everything to do with common courtesy.

you cant call me or my actions ignorant and then speak about courtesy.

thats just plain ignorant :thumbsup:

Logic and volourn don't belong in the same sentence.

The logic is quite simple.  "Why make a story about someone elses b-grade NPCs when we can make our own stories?"

That is good logic, except

1. They mention Yuthura on Korriban ( a vague reference, but a reference nonethless)

2. The stories they crafted werent as compelling as the original ones in KOTOR.

thats just plain ignorant  :thumbsup:

You don't deserve courtesy when you're being obnoxious and ignorant towards those who don't want the game ruined for them.

And instead of this whole pursecution complex, I'll let you know that I'd call someone who is defending the game ignorant if they put spoilers as well.

I could care less what you think of the game. What I do care about is not having the game ruined for me because some spoiled brat can't even bother to put the thread in the right forum. :)

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I FIND YOUR THREAD LACKING. fORCE cHOKE. TO BAD THERE IS NOT  A FORCE LOCK THREAD. THREAD IS WORTHLESS, I HAD A MORE DECENT REPLY TO THIS BUT I AFTERREADING THROUGH IT, I DECIDED TO PUT THIS COP OUT IN ALL CAPS INSTEAD.

So i was walking through Mos Eisly(sp?) the other day and this thread was on a com data pad that was laying around  with the words in caps at the bottom:

THIS THREAD IS A RETCHED HIVE  OF SCUM AND VILLANY!

once again with the name calling.

cant we just discuss the game?

Im here to talk about KOTOR II: The Sith Lords.

I dont want to get insulted,

I dont want all the veterans of this site to call my actions ignorant,

I just want to discuss a game that I purchased, and I want to compare to other Star Wars games like Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Obi One, etc...

jeez

:cool:

thats just plain ignorant  :thumbsup:

You don't deserve courtesy when you're being obnoxious and ignorant towards those who don't want the game ruined for them.

And instead of this whole pursecution complex, I'll let you know that I'd call someone who is defending the game ignorant if they put spoilers as well.

I could care less what you think of the game. What I do care about is not having the game ruined for me because some spoiled brat can't even bother to put the thread in the right forum. :)

you're the coolest

:)

thanks for calling me a spoiled brat.

I appreciate that too.

and if you took the time to read the thread (which you haven't) you would see that many defenders of KOTOR II have leaked spoilers as well.

but you're not concerned with with them are you?

can we get back to discussing the game, or do you want to insult my mother next?

T3 is quite possibly the most important of your party members...the revelations made by HK-47 lead me to believe that this was all T3's agenda in the first place.  Plus, his conversations with other droids are hilarious.

That little droid really has gone too long without a memory wipe...he's starting to think he's a puppetmaster.  And...actually being one.

did you just say his "conversations"

a series of 'beeps' and 'woooooo' does not a conversation make.

you're the coolest

:thumbsup:

I appreciate that too.

and if you took the time to read the thread (which you haven't) you would see that many defenders of KOTOR II have leaked spoilers as well.

can we get back to discussing the game, or do you want to insult my mother next?

I quoted your original message because that was the one I read first (obviously) and it contained spoilers. I didn't even bother reading anyone else's replies since I'd already seen one post with spoilers in it. Since then I've responded to yours and yours alone because you're the only one that has quoted me and thus provoked a response.

How is that a hard concept to understand? If you want to discuss things that have spoilers, there are TWO (three, if you count the XBox forum) forums to do so.

You seem to think I'm picking on you because you are speaking against this game. Wrong. I'm picking on you because you started this thread and posted spoilers in them when you could have just as easily posted this same thread in the Spoiler forum and I wouldn't have had an issue with it in the least.

The fact that you insist on spoiling the game for the rest of us just because you didn't like it shows you're not really considerate to anyone else on the forum and thus why people are targetting you. Get off your martyr podium.

thats just plain ignorant  :rolleyes:

I could care less what you think of the game. What I do care about is not having the game ruined for me because some spoiled brat can't even bother to put the thread in the right forum. :thumbsup:

you're the coolest

:lol:

I appreciate that too.

Well the thing that they are complaining about is that this thread contains spoilers and you put it in the general discussions section, where some of the posters that hang out here don't have the game yet. You should have put this thread in the Story Line section, where you can discuss this game with others who have it.

I never got this cut scene.  In fact I never saw that NPC.

then, you obviously dont know enough about the game to speak on it.

you should actually PLAY the game before you defend it so vigorously.

If you play the game as a LS Jedi, then you will see the scene in question, (she and Carth are talking to each other) and its a terrible way to showcase such a major character from KOTOR I.

You see her in that scene if you say Revan was lightside. If you say Revan was darkside you see

Bastila

when you blow up the door with the holocron in it on Korriban she is on the holocron. Most people that played the game probaly killed Yuthura espescially if they didn't look at guides. I didn't know you could save her until reading a guide on the internet after already playing through the game it isn't obvious so most probaly people didn't do it.

I didn't even bother reading anyone else's replies

your agenda has already been exposed.

go back and read the thread BEFORE you call someone (or their actions) ignorant

its just plain courtesy

BACK TO THE GAME DISCUSSION:

the notion of an exile from the Jedi Order has already been done in the Star Wars Jedi Knight II : Jedi Outcast game.

I enjoyed that game more than TSL because

1. Kyle Katarn was a more interesting character

2. The story was well thought out and lucid

3. The ending was actually an 'ending'

4. IT WAS AN IMPROVEMENT when comparing it to its predecessor: Jedi Knight

I didn't even bother reading anyone else's replies

your agenda has already been exposed.

go back and read the thread BEFORE you call someone (or their actions) ignorant

its just plain courtesy

Not to belabor an argument, but did you actually read what I wrote or just copy and paste something out of context to try and "prove a point"?

If you had quoted my entire post, you'd see that I gave the REASON for not bothering to read any posts after your initial thread. Your initial thread contained spoilers, so I didn't see the point in reading everyone else's posts that might or might not have also contained more spoilers.

You want people to take your statements seriously, yet you act like a bafoon when it comes to responding to posts.

*waits for him to only quote the "act like a bafoon" part of this entire post and complain about name calling while ignoring the meat of the message* :ph34r:

You see her in that scene if you say Revan was lightside. If you say Revan was darkside you see

Bastila

when you blow up the door with the holocron in it on Korriban she is on the holocron. Most people that played the game probaly killed Yuthura espescially if they didn't look at guides. I didn't know you could save her until reading a guide on the internet after already playing through the game it isn't obvious so most probaly people didn't do it.

thanks for the clarification.

Seeing as how

Bastila

is such a MAJOR CHARACTER in KOTOR I, I mean, her

Battle Meditation

is a pretty important power.

So, if Obsidian chooses to show

Bastila

, then they could at least explain why the Sith aren't hunting her, or why she gave up the Order, or something. They give no clear explanation for her being there and thats a major hole in the plot.

I never read the guides, and I saved Yuthura in the first one.

She ends up on Dantooine.

Obsidian had three choices

1. Yuthura was slain

2. Yuthura was spared

3. Yuthura was saved

thats not a alot of coding to do, especially if its ONLY FIVE YEARS from KOTOR.

this was a sequel wasnt it?

I enjoyed that game more than TSL because

1. Kyle Katarn was a more interesting character

2. The story was well thought out and lucid

3. The ending was actually an 'ending'

4. IT WAS AN IMPROVEMENT when comparing it to its predecessor: Jedi Knight

To continue with the global_74 bashing, you're an idiot if you think Kyle Katarn is a good character, thats like saying Duke Nukem is a good character.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

***waits for GhostofAnakin to grow up and stop the name calling***

(w00t)

are you gonna act like an adult or what?

Im not gonna call you any names, Im here to discuss a GAME.

thanks!

I'll stop the name calling when you smarten up and move the thread to the correct forum. :rolleyes:

To continue with the global_74 bashing, you're an idiot if you think Kyle Katarn is a good character, thats like saying Duke Nukem is a good character.

thanks again.

it takes alot of courage to call people names that you disagree with.

why are you so hostile?

Kyle was a way better character than 'The Exile'

In fact, 'The Exile' is not a very interesting character at all.

I would have rather played the entire game as Bao Dur or even Visas.

if you disagree, can you tell me why without the grade school level insults?

thanks!!

:rolleyes:

it takes alot of courage to call people names that you disagree with.

why are you so hostile?

Kyle was a way better character than 'The Exile'

In fact, 'The Exile' is not a very interesting character at all.

I would have rather played the entire game as Bao Dur or even Visas.

if you disagree, can you tell me why without the grade school level insults?

thanks!!

o:)

There was still a condition inwhich you could have escaped the cycle of idiotic behavior.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

There was still a condition inwhich you could have escaped the cycle of idiotic behavior.

[translation]

Laozi:

"I have no logical reason to hate the Kyle Katarn character, in fact I never even beat the Jedi Outcast game!

I just thought it would be cool to join in on the fun and start insulting someone I disagree with."

[/translation]

ahhh... clarity