KOTOR II: from the eyes of a Star Wars FANATIC

your "facts" are sorely lacking in, ummm, facts.

:devil:

every point you make, I counter asbest I can without giving away too much of the game.

If you want to have an in depth discussion, start a thread in the spoilers room.  I dont think that you are up to the challenge.

And besides, I bought the game, I am entitled to my opinion.

and you can choose to ignore the facts, but there's many many more voices like mine out there.  We are displeased with the game in its current form, get over it

. . . and still the insults and holier-than-thou attitude.

I would gladly go fact for fact with you, especially considering you have presented almost none. I replied to your ENTIRE message, quote by quote. The best you gave was "and as far as Yoda, Qui Gon Jin, and Kenobi, I dont find their dialogue cryptic at all."

My facts are severly lacking in facts? Oh you mean like your comment about how the game has only "run of the mill" quests?

Or how, in your opinion Obsidian should've made KotOR2 about the b-grade NPCs from KotOR1, like Yuthura Ban, who is in all likelyhood dead, and wasn't even a primary point of interest in the game she was originally in.

Or what about your opinion that "There are glaring inconsistencies in the dialogue, story, and transition points from KOTOR I to KOTOR II."

I have YET to see you back up a single claim with fact.

I said MANY times you're entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled to troll about it(when you post something looking for an arguement it is called trolling).

Wow whats with all the hating lately? Cmon guys chill. Or else the Mods will crack down harder then Rudolph with a hangover.

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

They never explain how a certain famous Jedi can just show up with Carth on Telos (she's a Jedi isnt she?)

I actually don't know who or what you're talking about.

He's talking about

Bastila

To the OG poster. I felt the same way you did, but as you play the game some more you will learn to appreciate it as I did. I'll be going through for my 5th time and it will be the first DS game I play.

I never got this cut scene. In fact I never saw that NPC.

I'm far from a Star Wars fanatic, but KOTOR made me a fan again! Sure, not enough to sit through Episode II, or compell me to pay $10 to see Episode III in theaters, but I have to say I am utterly hooked on KOTOR2, and can't think about playing (and replaying) any other game for atleast the next 100 hours. I can't thank Obsidian enough for doing the job they did, and under pressure from all sides, no less.

"like Yuthura Ban, who is in all likelyhood dead, and wasn't even a primary point of interest in the game she was originally in."

Yet, she's a pretty popular character. Imagine that, a sequel drawing from an apparant strength (to many) of the original. WOWSERS! Instead they bring back a 1 bit tin can that had less to say than Yuthura and it was a aprty member! Hahaha. There is no logic in that.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"The logic is quite simple. "Why make a story about someone elses b-grade NPCs when we can make our own stories?"

Yeah. That would be fine and dandy if they brought back towo robots as well as used other characters in KOTOR2.

Once again, your so called "logic" fails to impress since the actuality is far different than what you claim it to be.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Lo que pasa es que  EnderWiggin y Shadowstrider son unos chupamedias de obsdian y por eso defienden a capa y espada kotor 2 par paleros, GLOBAL  74  I felt the same way you did about the game

Wow that's a bit harsh...Pues a ellos les gusto mucho el juego no creo que eso sea razon para llamarlos chupamedias, lo siento que no te gusto el juego Sifixs.

And I'm a bit disappointed with the turnout of TSL myself as many know already, in case you were wondering. But I'm still sure I'll enjoy the game very much, crap ending and all (Thanks to the devs for PC bug fixes that helps a lot!).

However the sample dialogue of Kreia's cryptic speech I have to admit is retarded, nowhere in any of the movies was the dialogue fashioned as nonesensical babble like that. Qui-Gon, Yoda, Ben's riddle-like speeches actually made sense but I truly hope the sample speech provided isn't actually how the majority of the ingame dialogue is or I'll be really ticked off.

I FIND YOUR THREAD LACKING. fORCE cHOKE. TO BAD THERE IS NOT A FORCE LOCK THREAD. THREAD IS WORTHLESS, I HAD A MORE DECENT REPLY TO THIS BUT I AFTERREADING THROUGH IT, I DECIDED TO PUT THIS COP OUT IN ALL CAPS INSTEAD.

So i was walking through Mos Eisly(sp?) the other day and this thread was on a com data pad that was laying around with the words in caps at the bottom:

THIS THREAD IS A RETCHED HIVE OF SCUM AND VILLANY!

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

"like Yuthura Ban, who is in all likelyhood dead, and wasn't even a primary point of interest in the game she was originally in."

Yet, she's a pretty popular character. Imagine that, a sequel drawing from an apparant strength (to many) of the original. WOWSERS! Instead they bring back a 1 bit tin can that had less to say than Yuthura and it was a aprty member! Hahaha. There is no logic in that.

Have you played KOTOR2?

***SPOILERS***

*Mandalore = Canderous (it's so obvious)

*HK-47 lives (build him again

END SPOILERS

I dunno if there are others, but those I know for sure. :("

I'd much rather have Yuthura around than T3. Of course, they would have to explain how she survived my lightsaber through her head. I always sided with Uthar.

I always said I CHOOSE ME! :(

But seriously, Yuthura was cool and all, but T3 makes more sense to bring back, imho -- no real lines of dialogue or characteristics -- but yet his presence in your party ties it to the first. Honestly, I'm happy with the party members I've found so far, and the cameos/in-jokes kick ass.

----

"Pulling a Bindo"

I was about to comment, then I read you consider Fable a "10"...KotOR a "10" as well, but you cant just hand those out willy-nilly, I wouldnt consider ANY game a 10.

Halo-9.2

Halo 2-8.9

KotOR-8.8

KotOR II-8.3

Fable-8.3

Mmhhhmm those would be some of my ratings on gamespot..

And I happen to think modern RPG's could learn something from a little game called Morrowind, in referance to the map's and environments..

Morrowind had some incredible strengths, and some incredible flaws.

Agreed. It can be wholly immersive, and has such depth to the gameplay.....except for it's melee combat, lack of character development, glitches, bugs, etc. That said, I clocked in countless hours anyway.

The only game I've ever quit playing due to bugs/glitches was the PIRATES OF THE CARRIBBEAN -- it coulda been a great RPG, imho, but the AI for the party members, or rather lack thereof, completely killed it for me.

As much as I loved MORROWIND, I still prefer story-driven RPGs, especially with strong supporting cast/party-members. Although every session of MORROWIND was like a new adventure, it also felt like a lonely one......even if I was a vampiric god that could leap long stretches of land in a single bound.

T3 is quite possibly the most important of your party members...the revelations made by HK-47 lead me to believe that this was all T3's agenda in the first place. Plus, his conversations with other droids are hilarious.

That little droid really has gone too long without a memory wipe...he's starting to think he's a puppetmaster. And...actually being one.

Dracomicron

Hoary Veteran

Formerly Draconis, Master of Deception

Head ST for Demon and Orpheus on Blood Chronicles online chat

They never explain how a certain famous Jedi can just show up with Carth on Telos (she's a Jedi isnt she?)

I actually don't know who or what you're talking about.

He's talking about

Bastila

To the OG poster. I felt the same way you did, but as you play the game some more you will learn to appreciate it as I did. I'll be going through for my 5th time and it will be the first DS game I play.

I never got this cut scene. In fact I never saw that NPC.

I saw her a couple times during my previous four playthroughs though her role seems so insignificant. But it was nice to see her :thumbsup:

I said MANY times you're entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled to troll about it(when you post something looking for an arguement it is called trolling).

you cant call it trolling.

Im expressing my opinion, and many people agree with me.

Try to dispute it with rational thought, then we can talk.

All of your quotes and spoliers are weak examples, if you want to go into detail, make a thread in the spoilers section, I will accomodate you.

I never got this cut scene.  In fact I never saw that NPC.

then, you obviously dont know enough about the game to speak on it.

you should actually PLAY the game before you defend it so vigorously.

If you play the game as a LS Jedi, then you will see the scene in question, (she and Carth are talking to each other) and its a terrible way to showcase such a major character from KOTOR I.

Btw, use spoiler tags (if you haven't already, since I haven't read the thread since you first posted it).  It's just plain ignorant to ruin the game for everyone else when there's a forum strictly for any threads containing spoilers.  :thumbsup:

thanks.

I appreciate the name calling.

jeez, you guys should have told me this was an Obsidian fan club site, I thought this was a site to have frank discussions about games.