Level Cap is 50.

Well, some people like to have uber-powered characters.

They find John-Woo-ism (where everything is cooler than everything else and everything is ultra bad-ass) to be the height of cool.

The only real reason I can see for going beyond level 20 in the sequel is to add newer force powers.

Well, some people like to have uber-powered characters.

They find John-Woo-ism (where everything is cooler than everything else and everything is ultra bad-ass) to be the height of cool.

The only real reason I can see for going beyond level 20 in the sequel is to add newer force powers.

If you take advantage of the workbench (boy I sure did :) ) you can get some damn good stuff that will power you up. Right now I'm a level 27 consular\sith lord with ~350 hp and ~625 fp. I think they should've stuck to 20 too, but oh well. You still could've gotten a lot of stuff in 20 levels. Although your prestige class would suck.

Yeah, this is just stupid. I expected better from Chris A., Feargus, and crew. This game sounds like a total disappointment. They took the weaknesses of the first game and compounded them tenfold. I am saving my money for something else. That is my final answer. I'll wait and see what NWN 2 has to offer, but without proper tech support like that NWN 1 has gotten I'll be skipping that one to.

Yeah, this is just stupid.  I expected better from Chris A., Feargus, and crew.  This game sounds like a total disappointment.  They took the weaknesses of the first game and compounded them tenfold.  I am saving my money for something else.  That is my final answer.  I'll wait and see what NWN 2 has to offer, but without proper tech support like that NWN 1 has gotten I'll be skipping that one to.

Hades after having just beat the game 5 minutes ago I think it was better than the first one. Minus the occasional slowdown and confusing ending.

And its obvious to me that you like rampant leveling of ubermunchkin classes.  I DON'T.

The fact that you believe he said that when he already explained that he wishes they'd stuck with a level 20 cap is ridiculous. If you really aren't interested in the game, which it sounds like you are not (and that's certainly your perrogative), then by all means, vacate and move on to greener pastures. There's no reason for you to beat yourself up by hanging around somewhere where all you see disappoints you.

But, I expect that you'll ignore my advice. Ah well.

Dracomicron

Hoary Veteran

Formerly Draconis, Master of Deception

Head ST for Demon and Orpheus on Blood Chronicles online chat

The fact that you believe he said that when he already explained that he wishes they'd stuck with a level 20 cap is ridiculous.  If you really aren't interested in the game, which it sounds like you are not (and that's certainly your perrogative), then by all means, vacate and move on to greener pastures.  There's no reason for you to beat yourself up by hanging around somewhere where all you see disappoints you.

But, I expect that you'll ignore my advice.  Ah well.

He hangs around here because he knows he's going to buy the game. He's said countless times before that he wouldn't, only to change his mind later.

My bet is he'll continue to say he won't buy it, but once he does he'll justify it by saying that he got it in the bargain bin, or that he was bored and there was nothing else to play, or that he had heard enough good things to try it even though there things he heard that were negative.

But one thing is for certain; Hades will buy TSL.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

People have said that about me with Troika's recent POS game Bloodlines.  It still not in my collection nor will it.

That's because it has been proven to be a buggy game with no patch in sight. Assuming the PC version of TSL runs relatively smoothly, you'll buy it.

Plus, you've admitted you dislike the Vampire setting. But since you've played KOTOR1, that indicates at the very least that you're not against the Star Wars setting.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

People have said that about me with Troika's recent POS game Bloodlines.  It still not in my collection nor will it.

That's because it has been proven to be a buggy game with no patch in sight. Assuming the PC version of TSL runs relatively smoothly, you'll buy it.

Plus, you've admitted you dislike the Vampire setting. But since you've played KOTOR1, that indicates at the very least that you're not against the Star Wars setting.

OT

Activision/Troika just released the official patch for VTM: Bloodlines.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

OT

Activision/Troika just released the official patch for VTM: Bloodlines.

Really? So now I'll be able to play the game in real time rather than in slow motion? I won't have to wait an hour (exaggeration) for load times? Please tell me the patch fixed these issues. (w00t)

Yeah, this is just stupid.  I expected better from Chris A., Feargus, and crew.  This game sounds like a total disappointment.  They took the weaknesses of the first game and compounded them tenfold.  I am saving my money for something else.  That is my final answer.  I'll wait and see what NWN 2 has to offer, but without proper tech support like that NWN 1 has gotten I'll be skipping that one to.

After being around a kid for two weeks, I have to realize that sometimes baby has just got to cry.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Hey, I just want a good game.

No you don't. You just want to nitpick the bad parts of good games. Otherwise you wouldn't be hanging around the BIS/Bio/Obsidian forums.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Hey, I just want a good game.

There are flaws in every game no matter how extensive their development is, its just something you have to accept...if you pass on every game due to the opinions of others then you wont play another game ever because all games have their faults and not everyone has the same opinion.

For all its faults KotOR II was a decent game, I dont believe it should get the ratings it did but with the thin competition, RPG GOTY for 2004 doesnt seem a stretch.

Yes, there are but I am sick of wasting $50 on games that hold absolutely no challenge to me. Games are just getting easier and easier and easier over the last 5 to 7 years and its getting freaking ridiculous. I am nowhere near being an expert gamer but NWN, KotOR, and not even ToEE (when it was working) was any sort of a challenge. Yes, I play on Hardcore and high difficulty settings.

Also I don't count a game that is only 40 hours long and you can reach 25+levels (d20 System levels that is) as decent.