In Defense of Darth Nihilus

And I don't all believe Revan is Nihilus, I refuse to believe that. It has already been proved that Revan is still alive when Nihilus is not. Kreia would know this for sure because she could even see a millenia through the future.

Where is it proven that Revan is still alive when Nihilus is not? I've only played through the game once so far, so that may be something I never chanced upon. :blink:

To my understanding, Revan went to the unknown regions to fight off the 'true Sith'. Malachor V, I believe is in the outer rim/unknown regions, and the Chronicles state that that is where he went, and that no one knows what happened to him after that. Shortly after he disappears, the whole thing with Kreia, Sion, and Nihilus happens at Trayus Academy.

Nihilus seems to be the avatar (physical manifestation of something spiritual) of the dark side, and so the fact that he was spawned at Malachor V and arrives on seen after Revan's vanishing at Malachor V makes me just think that it could possibly be a Revan consumed totally by the dark side of the planet.

:)

Kreia would know and tell you if Malachor was the place Revan went to.

And wouldn't the developers make sure we find out something so important? That Revan is Nihilus? It's something too important to just leave it to us to figure out.

And Revan was always kinda short. Look at Nihilus, he's probably as tall as Malak.

Wouldn't Kreia know if Revan had died? She even told me how Mira would die, and why.

But yes I am also thinking that Nihilus is a spawn of the Dark side, but I still have some questions of that. I think the death of so many Jedi connected to the Force had not only an effect on the Exile, but Nihilus must have been "created" off that. I'm just speculating, it's confusing imagining him repairing the Ravager.

Maybe he was just a survivor of that last battle and was stuck on the surface of Malachor, so he ended up finding the Trayus Academy and there started something. The game does say he "learned Hunger" there, while Kreia learned Betrayal and Sion learned Pain.

Kreia also said there is an empire hidden in the shadows of the galaxy, waiting to be found or waiting to strike, something like that.

I must admit I admire your theory... but it doesn't hold.

Ok you guys need to realize that nihilus WAS powerful. Just cuz he lost a fight easily to the PC doesnt mean he was week. I mean the guy was able to drain the force from everything in his path. And I remember thinking after seeing that first cutscene of he and Visas, he looked like an awesome and insanely evil character. The thing you guys arent recognizing is that there is a major reason he was kiilled so easily. He was weak because there were no jedi to steal the force from on Telos. That is why he was no match for the exile. He was dying because his hunger was not being satisfied. He had the ability to be the most insidious and evil character in the game, but lost that power because there was no longer any force to feed from. Nihilus was more badass than you guys think.

ok, I just realize I need to address the Nihilus-Revan thing, too cuz its pissing me off. Revan is NOT Nihilus guys... as much as you want to believe it. And here's why: Revan is the key to everything. He is going to turn out to be the most important character of the entire trilogy when KOTOR 3 comes out. He wont be a PC again either. Revan is not Nihilus because he is the first sith ruler to have control over himself. All of the others fall because of their lust for power or their arrogance. Revan is different. He knows that there is something beyond the outer rim, if he is light, he needs to find it and destroy it before it destroys the galaxy. If he is dark, he of course wants to find it to strengthen the Sith. He isnt going to turn stupid and "feed off of the force" like a moron. He wants complete control over himself. Everyone needs to remember how powerful he really was and is. He is a genious, and obsidian knows not to ruin such an awesome character. The purpose of KOTOR 2 is to fill in some remaining details from the first one. We now know that the exile and Revan must meet, and there will be a third and final player- character to witness this in the conclusion of the series. And possibly another sith lord and all of that other stuff. Thats my theory.

Not saying it is a fact or anything, just wanted to bring it into speculation, 'cause I believe in some parts it can hold up. ;)

Kreia would know and tell you if Malachor was the place Revan went to.

Well, it's the Chronicles that state that Revan went there and then vanished. If Kreia knows, I don't recall her telling the Exile of where he went to after Malachor V.

And wouldn't the developers make sure we find out something so important? That Revan is Nihilus? It's something too important to just leave it to us to figure out.

Not if they're good developers. :) To quote someone who made a very controversial series in visual entertainment (and never answered the numerous questions), "There are some things we must discover for ourselves."

The fact that it isn't explained is why it's neat... because it leaves people up their own ideas, ask their own questions and discover for themselves what is the right answer in their eyes instead of being handed it on a plate.

Nihilus is important just because of him being unexplained... that it opens up so much speculation and discussion. Who talks about the things that we already know the answer for? :)

Anyways.

And Revan was always kinda short. Look at Nihilus, he's probably as tall as Malak.

Yeh, that's a problem. Could amount it to the dark side corruption changing his form.

I must admit I admire your theory... but it doesn't hold.

Holds about as well as the other theories... in that we'll never truly know if it's right or wrong. :) Unless of course KotOR III explains it. Although I'm pretty sure if there is a KotOR III, then my theory will be void. The way my theory can work as a valid theory is if KotOR II is the last of the series.

Revan is NOT Nihilus guys... as much as you want to believe it. And here's why: Revan is the key to everything. He is going to turn out to be the most important character of the entire trilogy when KOTOR 3 comes out.

As said, if there is a KotOR III then I highly doubt that my theory could still be valid. :) But I think it's plausible enough to be of consideration if KotOR II is the end of the series.

Revan HAD control over himself, yes. Whether or not he still has that willpower, or if the power of the dark side of Malachor V isn't any stronger than it was when he did have control over it, is another issue entirely. And I believe that for the storyline of KotOR III, he will be consumed by the dark side within himself and Malachor V. And that this consumation of him will be the largest, most powerful manifestation of the dark side the galaxy has seen. But that's just my opinion, of course. :)

So, in response to Revan NOT behing Nihilus... it's not certain. Unlikely? Perhaps. But there is, like the rest of the speculation on this stuff, no clear cut 'this doesn't work' answer.

Seere, all Im saying is that everyone thought since the first day that Nihilus face was shown, was that Revan is Nihilus cuz he's wearing a mask. Revan can't be Nihilus. I mean, you're saying that your theory is plausible if this is the end of the series, but it cant be because their was not even a hint that he could be Revan. Maybe if you wanted to right a book or something, you could do that, but in reality, there IS a clear cut answer. Now there WILL be a KOTOR 3, because there is no way LucasArts won't allow it, and there is a major demand for it. There have already been talks of one, but LucasArts fired the board which was starting on it. So, yeah you're theory doesnt hold up. Im not trying to be a jerk, Im just saying that way too many people think that Nihilus is Revan, and I just think that would be way too lame.

Didn't know there were others out there that believed Nihilus is Revan. :)

And it's not that I thought it was that just 'cause he had a mask. That just gave more reasons to the possibility in that there is no background to Nihilus, and no way at all (aside from his height and possibly that Visas calls him a man if she is referring to gender) to correctly say that he is or isn't Revan.

True, there isn't a hint that it could be Revan. There isn't a hint at all of what he could be. But until there is a KotOR III, there isn't any kind of evidence that it CAN'T be. So it's just as plausible as anything else, which is all I'm saying. :)

Just adding another idea to the pile, as it were.

So no, I don't think you're a jerk of course, as I'd entirely expect people to think that a theory doesn't hold up when there is no factual, hard-cut backing to prove it.

Talking about how it could be possible or can't be possible is the fun part, I don't care if I'm completely wrong, which I know I most likely am because I too am of the belief that there WILL be a KotOR III. :)

Seere, all Im saying is that everyone thought since the first day that Nihilus face was shown, was that Revan is Nihilus cuz he's wearing a mask.  Revan can't be Nihilus.  I mean, you're saying that your theory is plausible if this is the end of the series, but it cant be because their was not even a hint that he could be Revan.  Maybe if you wanted to right a book or something, you could do that, but in reality, there IS a clear cut answer.  Now there WILL be a KOTOR 3, because there is no way LucasArts won't allow it, and there is a major demand for it.  There have already been talks of one, but LucasArts fired the board which was starting on it.  So, yeah you're theory doesnt hold up.  Im not trying to be a jerk, Im just saying that way too many people think that Nihilus is Revan, and I just think that would be way too lame.

agreed

Malachor V is not in the outer reaches of space. It's where the war started on the outer rim, but it's not the location where Traya said Revan went.

Traya, through all her teachings, said that Revan was the heart of the force. There is no possible way that the heart of the force would be corrupted like that.

I think it's very evident that Nihilus is just a spawn of the carnage at Malachor. He's a physical representation of the echo that was created through the destruction of that planet and all the life on it.

It couldn't be possible that Nhilus was Revan. Kreia speaks as if Revan was alive and well at the end of the game, besides, those who fnished KOTOR I know that Revan still lived after Malachor V, at least another five years, uncorrupted. Nhilus was just a man, like the exile, like a mirror reflection. Nhilus is what the Exile is condemned to become, unless he deafenes himself again, like the Jedi masters had planned. Besides, Revan's dark side "Darth" name was *Surprise*, Darth Revan, not Darth Nhilus.

Ohh ya, and am I the nly one wo knows Revan as a She?

Ohh ya, and am I the nly one wo knows Revan as a She?

I think it's safe to say that Revan couldn't possibly be female. I mean really, a female Dark Lord of the Sith, a female killing all those Dark Jedi in Kotor 1? Let's be realistic :lol: Obviously only a man could do those things, Bioware just included being female as an option to be politically correct.

Let the gender wars begin!!

Shut up you two, stupid manwhores. People like you should be executed. It's not a funny joke, if it is one.

Revan could very well be a female, but I see Revan as a man because that's what I always play Revan as. I see how Revan could be a female for sure, he's kinda short and you can't really see if it's a male or female under that special Revan-robe.

Nihulus I believe isn't a human. Think about it Visas sees with the force not with her eyes and because of his death the force has left Nihulus's body in a sense so I believe in saying he was a man it was a figure of speech. Remember Visas is blind.

no seriously, women shouldnt vote

They can and should vote.

However they are not "created" to be warriors or fighters. In studies it shows that they are more cunning than men in some feilds of expertise (not war mentality) however men are naturally stronger and more equipped to deal with those occasional psycopathic tendancies of death.

Men and Woman should have equal rights... however some people just have to deal with the fact when i say men are better fighters than women, im not being sexist... its just a fact of life.

Why defend him? His name makes sense, he is cool, but what the heck is he?

What's with the alien-talk? Why didn't we find out who this person is? What is Nihilus, really? Who is Nihilus, some sort of veteran? Same goes for Sion. Why did he get hurt so bad and who the heck was he - another exile or what?

I don't get it, really. Their personalites were thrown in the basket of thrash.

And I thought Nihilus was the master, but no, Nihilus is the first Sith Lord you meet, and he proves to be no match at all. I expected Sion to be the "underling" or apprentice, but it seems everyone was all upside down.

You ask this....

"What the heck is he"?

When you should be asking "Who"?

Doesn't anyone ever ask themselves the obvious question......?

Is Darth Nihilis really Revan?

I mean, Nihilis doesn't speak english, you don't get to see his face, and he is a Dark Lord.

Think about this....

Apparently after KOTOR I, Revan Dissapered into uncharted parts of space. And all of the sudden some Evil Lord named Nihilis pops out of nowhere with a ship similar to the Leviathan? C'mon!

In my opinion, Darth Nihilis is as Revan as it can get!

"There is no running or hiding, Jedi. Your times up."

-Boba Fett-

BOBAFETT.JPG

ok, I just realize I need to address the Nihilus-Revan thing, too cuz its pissing me off.  Revan is NOT Nihilus guys... as much as you want to believe it.  And here's why: Revan is the key to everything.  He is going to turn out to be the most important character of the entire trilogy when KOTOR 3 comes out.  He wont be a PC again either.  Revan is not Nihilus because he is the first sith ruler to have control over himself.  All of the others fall because of their lust for power or their arrogance.  Revan is different.  He knows that there is something beyond the outer rim, if he is light, he needs to find it and destroy it before it destroys the galaxy.  If he is dark, he of course wants to find it to strengthen the Sith.  He isnt going to turn stupid and "feed off of the force" like a moron.  He wants complete control over himself.  Everyone needs to remember how powerful he really was and is.  He is a genious, and obsidian knows not to ruin such an awesome character.  The purpose of KOTOR 2 is to fill in some remaining details from the first one.  We now know that the exile and Revan must meet, and there will be a third and final player- character to witness this in the conclusion of the series.  And possibly another sith lord and all of that other stuff.  Thats my theory.

Ok....

Major question...

How the hell is Nihilis not Revan?

Obsidian takes this Nihilis and slaps his face everywhere. And then you go to play the game and you don't know squat about Nihilis. Revan is just as mysterious as Nihilis is on KOTOR 2. Nobody can really narrow Revan down, because he is a customizable character from the first game, so if Revan was in KOTOR 2, they wouldn't be able to show his face, or let him speak, he would have to keep his mouth shut, or speak a weird sith language.... Like Nihilis does..... Basically....

Revan goes all out evil and dissapears after KOTOR 1. Why wouldn't it make sense to bring him back as some badass mother f*cker with a Bone bleached mask and a kick arse black sith robe, speaking a Sith dialect? C'mon! And notice when Nihilis supposedly dies, he dissapears. Maybe he will come back, and kick the sh*t out of every puny little Jedi that even thinks of getting in his path. And you said that Nihilis was a moron for sucking off the force. Are you crazy? If i was some Sith Lord, i suck power too! I would be ultimatly powerful and i would be unstoppable. And why does Nihilis have some destroyed ship that looks like the Leviathan? Plus, You call Revan some unstoppable Genieus. Most people that fall to the dark side in the entire Star wars chronicles always fail somehow. they get too headstrong and start screwing up. Because most people that fall to the darkside always fall. Maybe Revan made a mistake when he became Nihilis. Maybe he thought he was so powerful, that he forgot his ideas and his mind, and just decided to try to destroy everything in his path, meanwhile manifesting a fleet of assasins and suckin the force out of every sorry mother f*cker. In my opinion...

Darth Nihilis is Revan.

"There is no running or hiding, Jedi. Your times up."

-Boba Fett-

BOBAFETT.JPG

Ok....

Major question...

How the hell is Nihilis not Revan?

Obsidian takes this Nihilis and slaps his face everywhere. And then you go to play the game and you don't know squat about Nihilis. Revan is just as mysterious as Nihilis is on KOTOR 2. Nobody can really narrow Revan down, because he is a customizable character from the first game, so if Revan was in KOTOR 2, they wouldn't be able to show his face, or let him speak, he would have to keep his mouth shut, or speak a weird sith language.... Like Nihilis does..... Basically....

Revan goes all out evil and dissapears after KOTOR 1. Why wouldn't it make sense to bring him back as some badass mother f*cker with a Bone bleached mask and a kick arse black sith robe, speaking a Sith dialect? C'mon! And notice when Nihilis supposedly dies, he dissapears. Maybe he will come back, and kick the sh*t out of every puny little Jedi that even thinks of getting in his path. And you said that Nihilis was a moron for sucking off the force. Are you crazy? If i was some Sith Lord, i suck power too! I would be ultimatly powerful and i would be unstoppable. And why does Nihilis have some destroyed ship that looks like the Leviathan? Plus, You call Revan some unstoppable Genieus. Most people that fall to the dark side in the entire Star wars chronicles always fail somehow. they get too headstrong and start screwing up. Because most people that fall to the darkside always fall. Maybe Revan made a mistake when he became Nihilis. Maybe he thought he was so powerful, that he forgot his ideas and his mind, and just decided to try to destroy everything in his path, meanwhile manifesting a fleet of assasins and suckin the force out of every sorry mother f*cker. In my opinion...

Darth Nihilis is Revan.

:blink::blink::blink::blink::):-:):rolleyes:

I want to know why they put out artwork that distinctly shows Darth Nihilus squaring off with Atris in a lightsaber duel, and there is no epic showdown like that in the game.

I know why Darth Nihilus was so easy to beat, at first I was thinking the same thing when I first played through but then I started to actually read what the people were saying about him.

Darth Nihilus was feeding off of all of the crew aboard the Ravager and would enhance his power by devouring planets full of the force. When you venture through the Ravager leaving behind alot of corpses, it decreases Darth Nihilus' power, then when he tries to drain the force from your character he becomes weaker due to the fact of your character being a wound in the force, and then you can ask Visas to sacrifice herself to break his power over her and making him weaker.

I would like to see something more about his character though, maybe a bio about him or maybe learn more about him in KOTOR III. I also wished you could have equipped his mask.

But over all I think he was an intriguing character that they should expand upon. DARTH NIHILUS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!