KOTOR2 is un-playable.

I'm new to the forum so hello. I just wanted to get everyone else's opinion on how un-playable KOTOR2 is.

I've put 7-8 hours into my Light side profile, and managed to come to a complete story-stand-still where I cannot advance the plot or do anymore missions on Nar Shaddaa.

Defeated, and broken, I tried to cut my losses by making a new profile, and put another 2 hours into my Dark Side profile, until somehow my entire team managed to walk through a clipping zone and now cannot get back onto the other side to continue my adventure. I attempted to save and load to see if it would help the problem, which it didn't at all, cutting roughly 30 minutes out of my game until the last autosave.

So now that I'm roughly 10 hours in the hole with nothing to show except for frustration, I've deemed the game unplayable. Way to go Obsidian.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, quite frankly, this game should be put on recall and anyone unfortunate enough to have bought it, should be able to trade it in for a fixed version. Of course, pending the idea that Obsidian is going to adress the bugs.

Things I would do if I were you:

1-Trade in the disk for a new one to see if you just got one of the many "bad" disks.

2-If that doesn't work then either a)if you really really want to play, try another trade in to see if the third disk finally works or b)return it for cash/different game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'd suggest picking up the PC version instead, which is supposed to be patched up a bit by the time February comes around.

Until then, though I had nowhere near your troubles and think your case is unusual, I'd suggest taking it back for another game.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I'd suggest picking up the PC version instead, which is supposed to be patched up a bit by the time February comes around.

The 'is supposed' being the key part of the sentence here. :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The clipping stuff sounds like a bug but are you sure your first game was actually at a stand still? I thought I had explored all of Nar Shadaa without finding anything until I triggered a cutscene that advanced the story and opened up more of the planet. Is it possible that that is the same case for you?

Other than framerate, one journal entry that doesn't resolve despite solving the quest, and a few references to a male Revan when I had said Revan was female, I haven't had any issues with the game.

Haha, that happened to me in the game Prince of Qin a long time ago! I had come half-way through the game and suddenly it just stopped. Noone said anything new, no new areas opened up, I had killed every foe I could find and there were no clues to what I should do. I don't remember how many hours I walked in that limbo before I finally decided a game-stopping bug must have attacked me and won. Years later I read a walkthrough of the game on the net, and it turned out that you had to find this tiny, little cave out in nowhere to be able to continue. Annoying!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

IF the pc version is patched up does that mean international xbox version may be patched up as well or just the pc? what do you guys think?

Naw. They will probably put out patch for the PC version shortly (or maybe not that shortly) after the game hits the shelves. But releasing a finished, working product? What are you on? :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I got stuck on Nar Shadaa too without the plot advancing, but then I found a short bat faced ... or something like that.... creature standing outside the Cantina who I could give 2000 credits too saying he would make sure the exchange knew about me. As soon as I left the Cantina area and walked a little towards the Ebon Hawk I got the message from Atton.

I got stuck on Nar Shadaa too without the plot advancing, but then I found a short bat faced ... or something like that.... creature standing outside the Cantina who I could give 2000 credits too saying he would make sure the exchange knew about me. As soon as I left the Cantina area and walked a little towards the Ebon Hawk I got the message from Atton.

Er... have you noticed the 'SPOILERS WILL BE MOVED' line under the name of the board?

Yes, it doesn't mean you can post spoilers and then some moderator who is being paid explicitly to watch what you post will move them. It means you can't post them, and if you do, they will be moved/deleted without warning.

Jeez. <_<

Er... have you noticed the 'SPOILERS WILL BE MOVED' line under the name of the board?

Yes, it doesn't mean you can post spoilers and then some moderator who is being paid explicitly to watch what you post will move them. It means you can't post them, and if you do, they will be moved/deleted without warning.

Jeez. <_<

What else is new? I've already stumbled upon a few spoilers because some people (not to brand newbies, but a lot have been newbies) don't seem to have the common sense to post in the designated forums.

Annoying, but apparently the concept of Spoiler forums is too difficult for a lot of people to grasp.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Intresting how few people use the spoiler forum. And amazing how many bashing threads pop up. Its like heading over to a Fable forum <_<

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

I can agree with just about everyone, this game was rushed. But on the fact that alot was unresolved kinda completes my theory, they can still pull it off with a bigger better Kotor III. This game indeed felt like a bridger between 1 and 3 but maybe they'll be able to say the game was unresolved because they couldn't tell everything because it would give away the sequel but Im still gonna play it 10 times or so I think I was up to par but no match for the original.

But Obsidian I know you could have done better oh and If they don't make a

Kotor 3 I swear I'll start my own game company and take over the title.

It's not a bug. It's just sour programming. I, too, spent quite a while having nothing to do on Nar Shadaa. You should, perhaps, try another planet? Nar Shadaa isn't the be all end all of the plot, just so you know. The game isn't broken, although perhaps it's a little too difficult to trigger new events here.

Maybe you should just try a different planet. *hint, hint*

This is an example of bad feedback ruining someone's experience more than the experience itself, certainly... unless there's something you're not bringing up.

Some RPGs practically play themselves. I saw one person here claim that KOTOR:1 had better graphics, was more difficult, better planets, and better quest design.

I think he's completely wrong on every point. Especially quest design, which requires a little more thought and active playing this time around.

Dialogue options require more thought, and sometimes you actually have to consider what to do next in the game.

God forbid an RPG require to be awake to play it.

Odd I played it with no problems. However Nar Shadaa is a tough one to figure out perhaps you simply have gotten stuck. I couldn't figure out what was going on either and did some other planets and I came back and then the plot was advanced. That clipping problem sounds horrible when did that happen?

It's not a bug.  It's just sour programming.  I, too, spent quite a while having nothing to do on Nar Shadaa.  You should, perhaps, try another planet?  Nar Shadaa isn't the be all end all of the plot, just so you know.  The game isn't broken, although perhaps it's a little too difficult to trigger new events here.

Maybe you should just try a different planet.  *hint, hint*

This is an example of bad feedback ruining someone's experience more than the experience itself, certainly... unless there's something you're not bringing up.

Well see, I can't even leave Nar Shaddaa

because after a cut scene with some duros "You cannot enter the Ebon Hawk at this time"

So, I can't leave Nar Shaddaa and I've talked to every available character with every option and none of them are advancing the plot either. :/