Light Side mastery bonus not working

pez

Has anyone else noticed that the Light Side mastery bonus does not seem to be working? My Jedi Guardian is pegged at 100% Light Side and as a result, his character picture has a notation that he gets a +3 strength bonus.

However, this +3 bonus doesn't actually get reflected in his strength stat. His unmodified natural strength is 14, but when my alignment hits 100% Light Side, his strength never actually says 17 despite the supposed +3 bonus notation above his picture. Getting Dark Side points removes the +3 bonus notation, but his strengh stat remains at 14.

I've also confirmed this bug with Jedi party members who supposedly get a +3 constitution bonus for being 100% Light Side. Even though their picture says "Light mastery +3 CON" their actual stats remain the same and they do not receive any corresponding Vitality increase. Losing the 100% Light Side status removes the +3 bonus notation, but their actual stats remain the same.

This looks like a bug that takes away some of the incentive for working at being 100% Light Side. I have not confirmed whether the same thing happens at 100% Dark Side.

the Light Side Mastery strength bonus works for me, but for some reason no matter how high I get the party members' alignment, they never get Mastery. I figured it was just a main character thing...

So for example if your normal strength is 14 without any additional implants/armor/etc, do you see it change into 17 on the character screen that shows STR/DEX/CON/INT/WIS/CHR?

I've gotten

Bao-Dur, Visas

, and

Atton

to have Light Side Mastery show up above their character screen portrait saying "Light Mastery +3 STR/CON" but the actual character sheet opposite their picture never shows that the bonus +3 has been added onto their original stats. That is, a 14 strength stays at 14 and it never actually changes into a 17.

What's especially obvious is that the character with a Light Side Mastery +3 CON never gains the additional Vitality points that should accompany the CON bonus. Vitality (Hit Points) stay the same regardless of whether I gain or lose the Light Side Mastery +3 CON status.

Hmm, from my calculations I should be getting the light side CON bonus. I have 18 CON with the bonus, and I have 207 VP at level 14. After subtracting 25 for War Veteran and 14 for Toughness, that comes out to 168 VP, or 12 VP per level. As a Sentinel I get 8 VP/level base, so with 18 CON that's an additional +4 VP/level, which matches the amount I have.

It could be that once you get the bonus once it doesn't leave you, which would explain why the VP doesn't change if you get some Dark Side points.

Hmm, from my calculations I should be getting the light side CON bonus.  I have 18 CON with the bonus, and I have 207 VP at level 14.  After subtracting 25 for War Veteran and 14 for Toughness, that comes out to 168 VP, or 12 VP per level.  As a Sentinel I get 8 VP/level base, so with 18 CON that's an additional +4 VP/level, which matches the amount I have.

It could be that once you get the bonus once it doesn't leave you, which would explain why the VP doesn't change if you get some Dark Side points.

Does your portrait have the "Light Mastery +3 CON" notation over it?

If so, does your character sheet say 15 CON or does it say 18 CON?

If it says 15 CON, then it seems the game might be adding in the bonuses behind the scenes. That's very strange considering that stat changes from worn equipment are always reflected on the character sheet. Even temporary stat changes from Force powers and stamina injections are reflected on the character sheet. Why would they make an exception for Light Mastery? Something's not right here. Either the bonus isn't actually being implemented, or they've neglected to update the character sheet when Light Mastery is achieved.

It also doesn't seem to make sense from a storytelling point of view that someone would be allowed to keep the benefits of Light Mastery even if he turned to the Dark Side.

Either way, it sounds like it is a bug or a very bad game design decision.

I just checked my character and stripped him clean to see if the Mastery bonus does apply... and it does, but in a buggy kind of way.

I started my character off with 14/14/14/14/12/10 attributes, applied the first four attribute raises to Constitution (he's level 23 right now), and the fifth attribute raise to Strength. With the Light Side Mastery I should have 18/14/18/14/12/10, but instead I have 21/14/18/14/12/10. I see no Prestige Feats or Powers that would add to Strength either.

I believe these extra three points are coming from the Eriadu Strength Amplifier and Strength D-Package that I was wearing when I attained Light Side Mastery, which I'm not wearing now. If I equip those two pieces again Strength hops up to 24.

Try losing the Mastery, equip a bunch of strength enhancing gear, and regaining Mastery. I think the bug might be Mastery is not setting a bonus flag, so its +3 is not being recognized, but when another item that does set the bonus flag to the relevant attribute is introduced, it'll figure the LS Mastery bonus in as well.