Are You Worried About Bugs In KOTOR II?

Considering that Obsidian pushed all crew to NWN 2, I'm very concerned. Those few guys that remained will not eliminate all bugs and not prepare PC version that could truly use all PC graphical abilities.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I think Sith Lords will be one of those games that could have been so much, but falls just a little short, it's sad but that's how it is. If they had released this game in Summer 2005 it would have been so much better...that said it's still a great game, despite the bugs, removed quest and so on...

Removed Quests?

I don't want to hear any spoilers, but why someone would remove quests?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Removed Quests?

I don't want to hear any spoilers, but why someone would remove quests?

Akari confirmed it in the spoiler forum or was the technical forum? Anyways he confirmed a quest was removed because they didnt have time to finish it. They removed it at the last minute. The bad thing was it was left partly in the game, so people been wondering how the can do the quest, which is impossible since it's been removed. Even the Prima guide has the quest in it :blink: The worst thing it's probably one of the more interesting side-quest :p

Did Akari said that he'll eventually finish it, so It could be downloadable at xbox live and for PC version?

Sorry for persistence but I must know.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I'm as worried as I alwaysam espicially since the PC almost always has buggier games. In fact, very few of my console games have *any* bugs.

"Actually that might not be such a bad idea."

Piracy is wrong. Anyone who practices or supports it deserves to be FRIED. No exceptions.

"A whole other planet was planned (but remember, K1 had a planet cut out too)"

This doens't bother me other than the obvious dissapointment of a lost planet, of course. Every game has things cut. It makes sense. Heck, it's no different than movies, television, and books.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

A whole other planet was planned (but remember, K1 had a planet cut out too)

Did those planets have any names?

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Like I said before:

Now I really wonder. What is the PC version going to be like? I mean, each X-box has standard hardware (well, except for the dvd-drive), so QA only has to make sure that the game works on one X-box, and in theory it should work on all X-boxes.

On the other side, every PC has a different hardware configuration (and with that tons of potential bugs). When I hear how buggy the X-Box version is, I can't help being afraid that if QA can't even make the X-Box version reasonably bug-free, the three more months they got for the PC version definately are not going to be enough to provide us with a bug-free PC version...

Mind you, I'm not blaming Obsidian for this, but the one who came up with the deadline.

Did Akari said that he'll eventually finish it, so It could be downloadable at xbox live and for PC version?

No XBox live. Whether they will fix it for the PC is anyone's guess then. As long as they fix the bugs for the PC version I'll live. KoToR was mostly bug free for me before their first patch. So as long as we don't get a lot from what Obsidian did I should be fine. The only bug I remember I had was some times I had to walk back and forth in a door way for the area transition to trigger. The first patch fix it.

I'm a little worried that the PC version will still have the same bugs that the XBox version is experiencing. With most of the KOTOR2 team moving on to the NWN2 project, that means less people to do bug fixing. Although patches are a possibility for the PC version, I'd hope that at the very least, whatever issues the XBox is facing will be eliminated for the PC version so that if issues arise for the PC version, it'll only be configuration and compatibility issues which are common among PC games.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Heh. Since poor poor Xboxers have been left with no update options, I guess that means we PC'ers won't be getting any new content at all, be it new items, or 'uncut' quests.

I will be more than satisfied if they fix all the bugs, even more so considering that, as Ghosty said, most of the staff has been reassigned to NWN2.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think Bio had their hands full with another project just after releasing K1, as Obsidian does right now.

It seems these days no game comes out without enough bugs to seem like a rush.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

All I can say is that I really want this game, with or without the bugs. I don't care if it's a buggy game, i still want it.

what do you mean you don't care if you have a buggy game? :- if you have a buggy game you can't experience the fullness of kotor II.

Seriously, what the hell is it going to take to get devs to release working products? It's getting worse and worse. I mean, tech support questions go unanswered a lot of the time. As a last ditch attempt to get some help with Jedi Academy I posted on the raven forums and was immediately flamed and banned by the mod. Nothing happens. Nothing gets fixed. We still buy these games. Everything gets worse. I'm sorry if I'm becoming pretty nasty, (I was actually pretty polite in getting banned at raven), but this is getting to be too much. We buy these damn things as *recreational* prducts, and yet we have to worry so much about simply getting them to work an not being cheated out of our $50, which is a lot of money when you really think about it....