***The Offical KOTOR III Thread***

I had a friend that worked for LucasArts. He would go in one day and tell him his done for now we'll call you. A couple of months later they called and told him to go back to work. The second time they laid him off he found another job. :wub: I just think that how Lucasarts work. They'll sit back and wait to see the demand for KOTOR 3 gets. Then call everyone back.

That might indeed be the case Hades. Who knows at this point, I just a dev would comment on the bugs, the endings, or any of the other grievances that have been raised here since the Xbox release.

Their apparent disappearance into NWN 2 really worries me in the expected turnout for the PC version. You know I hate the ending, but if it was at least bug free and there was some sort of gurantee (Which there isn't) KotOR 3's story will find a way to fix and meld the 2 then maybe my disappointment in KotOR 2 would diminish at least some of it. But the silence is deafening.

I'm sure there will be a K3, GL is too greedy.

As far as a story line goes i think that, as some1 already said, it should be a young jedi who is discovered by a sith lord and trained by him. But the young jedi is unaware of the Sith intentions. He then meets up with some jedi and goes with them (either to join them or destroy them from within). Or something like that.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

The thing is that even with all of the people on these boards complaing about the bugs and such in the game most have said that when the game worked they did enjoy it. So saying that the small amount of people we have here relate to an above adverage percentage of the people who are playing the game. I think that what you will find happening is that during the next E3 they will either anounce that they have started/will start on the next installment of the KOTOR series. Although the only thing we can hope for right now is that they decide, should they decide to indeed make another KOTOR, is to take atleast two years and make it right, maybe have it planned for an Xbox 2 release. But as Hades said right now this game is getting bad press from members of this board and in truth that will effect how people percive this game, the only solice I can offer to Hades and the other PC gamers is atleast when it comes to bugs you guys can atleast get patches to fix the problems where as all us Xbox users have to either pray that they will take mercey (sp?) on us and fix the game then offer an exchange or deal with what we have.

But anyway here is some things I think that should be in KOTOR 3 (again saying there is going to be one),

• 1) we should have the option of having revan in our party either as the PC again or as our master (my choice would be master since it would work for LS or DS). As for the Exile since I have yet to play the game I can't comment on *him*.

2) I also think we should be allowed to choose from more than just human PC avatars We should be allowed to fully join the sith (i.e. be taken and trained in the sith arts by a sith master should we choose too).

3) The game should be atleast double the length of the previous games (say around 80 - 150 hours to complete).

4) We should be allowed to go from one of the normal classes all the way up to the prestige classes (soldier, guardian, weapons master just for an example).

5) I know Hades is going to hate me for sugesting this but I think there should be NO LEVEL CAP (and of course respawning bad guys and monsters), but we should only be able to gain levels at about 1 level every 2 - 4 hours or so depending on how you wanted to play.

6) The dificulty settings should be reworked so there is a measurable difference between easy and difficult so in other words easy would be the same but difficult would be near impossible for even the best of players to complete even the first level.

7) A new game engine should be used perferably one with a phsyics element to it so that you could see damage.

:wub: Force powers should be harder to earn as the difficulty level goes up so keep the whole one per level on easy and then one for every three level on normal and one for every five levels on difficult.

9) We should have the ability to have upto 10 NPCs in the party (like now) but have upwards of 30 or so NPC to choose from.

10) A better influence system would be nice since some people are finding hard to use this one.

11) Also should you loose too much influence over a person they should leave your party and also refuse to return no matter what you try to do to get them back.

12) I think they should scrap the Hawk, T3, and wookies from the game entirely.

13) There should be upwards of 20 planets to visit in the game.

14) Enemies should scale up with you at the same rate the PC does but they should gain one added level on the PC for every level of difficulty you go up, SO if your a level 10 on easy the enemies are level ten, but on normal they are level 11 and on difficult they are level 12 or higher.

15) Random drop should be more refined to allow people to pick the same stuff up from a store everytime and bosses should always drop the same stuff but containers and no body NPC should drop random things.

16) Also speacial Items should have a set place to obtain them, and be limited to one of them in the game during any play through.

This is jsut a small list I could think off of the top of my head I could go on but I think you guys and gals see what I am getting at. also sorry for the very long post here.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I think it would be cool if your with the exile and raven as slave/friend and the ship crushes on unknown world. Both raven and the exile die. You have some force power and found by a sith yoda character. He trains you and you can piss him off by being to nice making lightside you have to fight him or you please him making you sith and fight him making you your own master. Then a jedi comes to planet and you go with him and learn to be jedi.

I like wondering about this story and how I would do it. I also like hearing how other people would make K3 if they could.

Basically a reverse of what's going in in the first 2 games? Is that what you mean Darth Sun_Tzu?

Well the only way I see the story being saved somehow would be by bringing Revan and the Exile back as the party leads, that way bridging the gap between 1 and 2 and making it a true trilogy. With old and new party members, hopefully a bigger story, much more options and ways to mix the party (Say you have a total of 30 possible npcs and can only take 10 through the game) and definately very different and versatile endings:

Happy Ending

Evil Ending

Tragic Ending (Hero dies)

Sad Ending (Different from tragic as Hero doesn't die here)

Neutral Ending

Misc Endings

However I doubt KotOR 3 will be like this so I'm not holding my breath.

Basically a reverse of what's going in in the first 2 games? Is that what you mean Darth Sun_Tzu?

Yeah, something like that. Your a bit of an innocent and the sith takes advantage of you while you think he is teaching you (a bit like the selkath youth on mannan). So you start the game corrupted, so it will take alot of effort to reject the ds and embrace the ls. I think that would be a good change.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I haven't played kotor2 yet (PC's till death!), but I like the idea of having the exile find out about revan. Instead of having the exile, how about a young jedi. That way, you could have a feasible way to explain why an up-and-coming jedi has to develop powers in the field. Since the jedi's don't build lightsabers until their training is complete, if the student went early enough, they could have to teach themselves how to build a lightsaber. Revan leaves clues on random assortment of worlds...bad guy could be some sith whose master got b****slapped by Revan so that gives a reason to give player crap. I don't know, it sounds like it could work, but i'm only in high school, so what would i know eh? :thumbsup:

Personally, I think there should be a new PC. Revan and the Exile should be in the game, I don't know about the party. I'd like to meet them maybe fight with them, but as far as an actual party member that would be too much. The only character that should be brought back is Jolee Bindo. WOO. He was awesome. In fact, he was so awesome, that i felt bad at the end of playing it dark side. I would also like to hear about Mission Vao getting killed. She was useless and I hope I never see her again.

I like the idea of a Padawan, but there has got to be some juicy twist like there was in Kotor: the original. That story was awesome. Kotor2 the surprise was supposed to be.... well either you know or you don't whatever. Kotor1 is and would be hard to match, but damnit i want to see 'em come close!

As much as I am confused about the exile, I think trying to answer Kotor2 questions in Kotor3 would be almost as bad as raising as many questions as they did in Kotor2.

I like the influence but it sucks if you are darkside. Influence, I think should only be gained (unless you are a douche) you should control your parties' alignments by your conversations and advice on all of their personal problems. I would like to see the NPC sidequests come back. I though that was cool.

All in all, Kotor2 isn't a great story, it's a great game, but it needs a Kotor3. And I understand the idea of leaving it incomplete so that there can be a huge buzz for a sequel, but it should stand alone aswell. Like Halo2, that just pissed me off.

"I'm gonna finish this"

::Roll Credits::

No, **** let's go finish this!!

wow... talk about off topic...

I would like to see a new engine since this will likely be an XBox 2 game. No longer restricted by the XBox's capabilities, I expect a bit more.

In both the Star Wars movies and novels you have groups of heroes in multiple locations handling different things, converging at the end. I'd like to see both Revan and the Exile as leads in KOTOR:3. One leads one team on side of the galaxy, and the other leads the other team on the other side of the galaxy.

In the beginning of the game, you choose which team takes the Ebon Hawk and goes where. Imagine the replay value of playing different alignments, and taking different NPCs to different worlds.

In the end of the game, the two converge. Will they both be of the same alignment and have the same goals? Will they be of opposite alignments and have different goals? What will bring them together?

I want ragdoll physics. I want every object in the level to respond to physics. When I use the Force, I want it to affect the area around me.

I want to have an epic space battle that I affect and take part in.

I'd like to see the Source engine, or the Oblivion engine. Both come with mod tools in tow, both have portability in mind, both have physics and incredible graphics.

I would like to see a new engine since this will likely be an XBox 2 game.  No longer restricted by the XBox's capabilities, I expect a bit more.

In both the Star Wars movies and novels you have groups of heroes in multiple locations handling different things, converging at the end.  I'd like to see both Revan and the Exile as leads in KOTOR:3.  One leads one team on side of the galaxy, and the other leads the other team on the other side of the galaxy.

In the beginning of the game, you choose which team takes the Ebon Hawk and goes where.  Imagine the replay value of playing different alignments, and taking different NPCs to different worlds.

In the end of the game, the two converge.  Will they both be of the same alignment and have the same goals?  Will they be of opposite alignments and have different goals?  What will bring them together?

I want ragdoll physics.  I want every object in the level to respond to physics.  When I use the Force, I want it to affect the area around me.

I want to have an epic space battle that I affect and take part in.

I'd like to see the Source engine, or the Oblivion engine.  Both come with mod tools in tow, both have portability in mind, both have physics and incredible graphics.

that's an awesome idea.

Though I'm not interested in a new engine, I really like your story idea Ender. How about making it a little bit like Aliens vs Predator 2 where every once in a while both groups actually bump into each other, disclosing what that group has been up to in a limited capacity and the actions of one group affect the situation of the other. Then when you play as the other group you'd be experiencing the things you were clued in about in detail. Of course some kind of variations would have to be put in for all the LS/DS choices on both teams: maybe both are light, both dark or one is light and the other dark...if that could be done it would be great and add huge amounts of replayability.

And using Revan and Exile together would bridge KotOR 1 and 2 into one cohesive story, making them with 3 a true Trilogy. I'd love to see that more than anything but I won't be holding my breath.

I'd also like to see:

Jedi armor, true knight-like armor and having helmets in the game.

I'd like to visit some Core Worlds for the love of God (Coruscant or Corellia), what's this obssession with the Outer Rim.

I'd also love greater npc party numbers, much more than allowed to take to make experience different each time for a while.

Ok, let's discuss.

Who the heck is Nihilus? What is Nihilus? Why is Nihilus not speaking English/Basic, and what is Nihilus speaking?

Who is Sion, did he fight in the Mandalorian Wars? Why did Mandalore offer no way to speak with him and let you find out he is

Canderous Ordo

?

Where is Carth, where is Jolee, where is Mission, where is Bastila, where is Zaalbar?

Why did the game make me feel like that was happening was extremely confusing, what is the Ravager really and where did it come from? How did the Sith get all their ships?

That is a part of the many questions the game leaves unanswered.

And I didn't get much saber crystals either. The robes weren't so many anyway, and it seemed those weird Initiate/Neophyte armours make even the Jedi Master/Dark Jedi Master robes useless, and I didn't like wearing that Matukai Apprentice robe either.

I love KOTOR 2 but it confused me so very much.

all i'd like is a fan-fileter on the forum that blocks out people who can't say anything positive about the game so you dont have to put up with their posts

Ok so whats wrong with our posts? this idea for the purposed KOTOR 3, there is nothing wrong with what any of us are sugesting.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

That is odd, EnderWiggin, because I told the game that Revan was DS and

I saw the Disciple guy speak to him in a hologram-phone thing. Something like "Research is done, Admiral" but Carth never spoke

and yes I had forgotten that if you say Revan was Dark, Zaalbar and the others got killed. But still as LS, I haven't heard from anyone that you meet most of the characters from KOTOR 1.

I'm gonna play Light now to get some more questions answered, though probably not even 25% of them.

Basically, this game almost gave me the "KOTOR orgasm" (not literally) that the first one gave me. It was close, but it didn't. There's an odd feeling over KOTOR 2 I cannot describe.

That is odd, EnderWiggin, because I told the game that Revan was DS and

I saw the Disciple guy speak to him in a hologram-phone thing. Something like "Research is done, Admiral" but Carth never spoke

and yes I had forgotten that if you say Revan was Dark, Zaalbar and the others got killed. But still as LS, I haven't heard from anyone that you meet most of the characters from KOTOR 1.

I'm gonna play Light now to get some more questions answered, though probably not even 25% of them.

Basically, this game almost gave me the "KOTOR orgasm" (not literally) that the first one gave me. It was close, but it didn't. There's an odd feeling over KOTOR 2 I cannot describe.

That may only happen with a DS female Revan.

Just jumping in, though I haven't played K:2 yet. And I can't resist readin the spoilers...

In K:1, Carth is never officially killed off. He simply runs away. Thus Carth could be available to either DS or LS matter the circumstances you choose in K:2.

No? Yes?