Workbench Unusable

Hey all,

This is very frustrating, I created a character, got about 22 hours into the game when I suddenly realized that I don't think I'll ever be able to use the Workbench at all.. I don't know why this is, so I started another game using my same character creation and lo and behold, 1 hour+ to when I can access a workbench right after you meet the HK Assassin droid next to the Maintainence officer's corpse, the workbench is unuseable.. so I started a second new game, same thing, this time, skipping the prologue because I was thinking maybe it has to do with T3 learning the Workbench (it worked with him in the Prologue both times, but no other party member can access the Workbench and neither can he post Prologue) and bam, still unuseable.. I'm wondering if it's my character creation or what.. it's really bizarre and very irritating

My character' stats are this

Female

Jedi Consular

8 Str

8 Dex

9 Con

8 Int

18 Wis

17 Cha

The Workbench simply will not register, it doesn't even load up.. it says use with the little icon to use it and it will not load up the computer screen for options, it's as if it isn't there at all.. I just keep clicking and it doesn't work.. please, can someone get back to me on this? I bought this the day it came out.. but it's very hard for me to play it now (and trust me, I really really want to play it) but I can't play it if I can't use the workbench to upgrade Lightsabers and other equipment

Help!

Woah.. sorry guys for posting without fully reading stuff up on this.. I loaded three different games like suggested, ESPN NFL 2k5, Silent Hill 2, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.. then loaded up the game.. and *drum roll w/ much anticipation* it worked!!! Workbench is actually useable - Game Salvaged, for the time being.. I hope that I don't have many errors past that.. anyway.. that makes me much much happier..

Regarding glitches for developer and etc.. yes, glitches were in KoToR, and yes, glitches are in KoToR 2.. sadly, I really really wish they weren't in there, but if the darn games weren't so horribly addictive, I'd hate it.. but I can generally overlook stuff when the content is good, and it is.. I hope that Obsidian does very well.. in the future, I would hope that they thoroughly work through their glitches though.. however, they still made a great product

Woah.. sorry guys for posting without fully reading stuff up on this.. I loaded three different games like suggested, ESPN NFL 2k5, Silent Hill 2, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.. then loaded up the game.. and *drum roll w/ much anticipation* it worked!!!  Workbench is actually useable - Game Salvaged, for the time being.. I hope that I don't have many errors past that.. anyway.. that makes me much much happier..

Regarding glitches for developer and etc.. yes, glitches were in KoToR, and yes, glitches are in KoToR 2.. sadly, I really really wish they weren't in there, but if the darn games weren't so horribly addictive, I'd hate it.. but I can generally overlook stuff when the content is good, and it is.. I hope that Obsidian does very well.. in the future, I would hope that they thoroughly work through their glitches though.. however, they still made a great product

Hahah, wait til you beat the game, your tune may change.

- dr cloak