A petition for a better KOTOR2 *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

To: LucasArts

To Lucasarts, About Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords (from here on out, will be refered to as KOTOR2):

After the abysmal ending, a buggy and slow game, for the X-Box, we, the people, DEMAND that you put some capital into making a good update or a developer's cut for KOTOR2. If not, some, or maybe, even a large number of us may be compelled to not make purchases from Lucasarts, for any system, X-Box, PC, Playstation, or GameCube.

Sincerely,

ampulator00

Here is the link to The Petition for a better Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

To:  LucasArts

To Lucasarts, About Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords (from here on out, will be refered to as KOTOR2):

After the abysmal ending, a buggy and slow game, for the X-Box, we, the people, DEMAND that you put some capital into making a good update or a developer's cut for KOTOR2. If not, some, or maybe, even a large number of us may be compelled to not make purchases from Lucasarts, for any system, X-Box, PC, Playstation, or GameCube.

Sincerely,

ampulator00

Here is the link to The Petition for a better Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

:)

Sincerely,

ampulator00

:)

What's wrong?

Changing the ending is a weak move.  Stand by the game you designed.

That's your opnion, and you are certainly entitled to it; however, I am sorry, I have to disagree with you. They were given a one-year timeframe; who knows what ending they actually intended to be designed or implemented? The last part of the game was obviously rushed; now, it is not wrong to correct mistakes.

Obsidian need not change much about the actual game itself. I wish to see their original artistic vision. All I think they would need to do is explain the intent of the ending. If it was intended to end with a chaotic cliffhanger, I would be satisfied. If Lucasarts killed it, then yes the original vision should be restored. They knew full well people were dissatisfied with the original game's endings, it is possible that the outcome of the game was their specific choosing. Then again, we wouldn't know unless a dev specifically comments. Yet again, I doubt they would come here and confess they didn't finish all they had planned, assuming they left anything undone.

Was it rushed, or was it intended to end in a chaotic cliffhanger?

It was rushed.

It wasn't just that the ending was unsatisfying. It was that several major things that happen in the end come to nothing or make no sense with what happens afterwards, and that the ending area sucks the big one.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Sincerely,

ampulator00

Obsidian dosn't have time to improve KOTOR2 any more

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Well there's still some time to improve KOTOR 2 PC version, and I think that LA should delay the game release until April.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Sincerely,

ampulator00

Thats fairly obnoxious of you.

we, the people, DEMAND that you put some capital into making a good update or a developer's cut for KOTOR2.

First of all I think you should speak for yourself. Not everyone blows the game's shortcomings out of proportion. I as well as a few of my friends have never experienced many of the bugs that have been so widely complained about around here.

Also, while the ending may be unsatisfactory, that is no reason at all to create a petition demanding the devs re-work the game, which is completely unreasonable. Despite the fact they may have been on a short timeframe, that is the ending they chose to put in the game. It's totally rediculous to demand they change it because some people don't like it. I have never heard of developers completely changing the ending or some other major part of the game for a re-release, nor should they. I would also like to point out that if an identical KOTOR II was released by BioWare, most of these complaints would likely have never been brought up.

I understand that the bugs are expected to be fixed for the PC release. But since there is no Xbox Live support for KOTOR II, we're stuck with what it is. Even if they did make such an "improved" re-release, it would still be screwing people over by making buyers of the original pay money again.

Overall I think that people need to let go of their unrealistic and rediculous expectations for what they wanted KOTOR II to be. It's a hard thing to follow 2003's Game of the Year, so of course everyone will whine and complain if the slightest thing is wrong with it. If you stop focusing on the game's flaws, which are honestly not that bad, you'll find a great game. I applaud Obsidian for a job well done.

Well to be honest KOTOR 1 was full of little bugs as well (and I don't mean technical ones).

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

we, the people, DEMAND that you put some capital into making a good update or a developer's cut for KOTOR2.

First of all I think you should speak for yourself. Not everyone blows the game's shortcomings out of proportion. I as well as a few of my friends have never experienced many of the bugs that have been so widely complained about around here.

Also, while the ending may be unsatisfactory, that is no reason at all to create a petition demanding the devs re-work the game, which is completely unreasonable. Despite the fact they may have been on a short timeframe, that is the ending they chose to put in the game. It's totally rediculous to demand they change it because some people don't like it. I have never heard of developers completely changing the ending or some other major part of the game for a re-release, nor should they. I would also like to point out that if an identical KOTOR II was released by BioWare, most of these complaints would likely have never been brought up.

I understand that the bugs are expected to be fixed for the PC release. But since there is no Xbox Live support for KOTOR II, we're stuck with what it is. Even if they did make such an "improved" re-release, it would still be screwing people over by making buyers of the original pay money again.

Overall I think that people need to let go of their unrealistic and rediculous expectations for what they wanted KOTOR II to be. It's a hard thing to follow 2003's Game of the Year, so of course everyone will whine and complain if the slightest thing is wrong with it. If you stop focusing on the game's flaws, which are honestly not that bad, you'll find a great game. I applaud Obsidian for a job well done.

NOTE: I said this To Lucasarts. Not Obsidian Entertainment.

What's the difference? The difference is, I didn't think OE made a bad game; I feel that Lucasarts just didn't give them enough time. As you might notice, the petition was to Lucasarts, not to Obsidian Entertainment.

And oh yeah, about buying it over, I rather buy it again, and have a better game, then to have to product that has a flawed end because of Lucasarts push for one-year time frame.

Sincerely,

ampulator00

You are CRAZY... this was a wonderful game that did something very few games have ever done... it actually made you think and left things open rather than wrapping everything up in a neat package...

And when has a developer ever gone back and fixed something like an ending? Some gamers today have this crazy sense of entitlement... Its just outlandish that this would even be suggested as something rational or realistic...

With all due respect, Ampulator, but I think the ending of the game was solely Obsidians idea, and LA had nothing to do with it. I don't have the game yet, so I can't judge it. I have to take everybody's word for it that there are some problems with the X-Box version.

IMO, LA had nothing to do with the game development itself, only QA. If you complain about the bugs, yes, you are right, to blame LA. But accusing LA for what is in your opinion a bad ending, I think you have to adress Mr. Avellone about that...

Anyway, my 2 cents

I can't see how people on these boards are like the pc game needs to be delayed till April or whatever. How can you possibly know at what point they are at in bug fixing. "Yes the game should be delayed till March 25, 2004 to ensure no bugs"

If Lucasarts is responsible for Q&A they are mostly responsible for the bugs, however I didn't experience one bug with this game, but you had to look at it from LA

I'd imagine bugs to be more present in games that are developed by companies that have yet to establish an internal QA department.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Considering the vast majority of Obsidian's team has gone to NWN there is a very real possibility that there has been no significant bug fixes in the PC version and that the 2 month period is being handled by a skeleton crew overseeing the port from console to PC.

It is definately a concern for me though at least I do have the possibility of resolving issues with patches, it annoys me though to have to think they will just push the buggy game out the door and then decide to fix it later with patches if at all since everybody is concentrating on NWN now.

I never really ran into any bugs with KotOR but the sheer number of problems reported in this game are staggering. Some things like lags and memory or processor related issue will at least not be as big a problem so all I really need to worry about is the partially removed side quest, any crashing bugs or bugs with visuals and movies or dialogue trees if any are there.

About the ending I don't think there's a need to replace it, but I do wish there was another better ending included in the PC version. I know it won't happen since that would require tons of work to make new paths through the game to the new ending so I'm not expecting anything like that. I am however VERY disappointed with Obsidian's decision to use the open or cliffhanger ending, especially since there might not be a 3 or at least maybe 3 doesn't pick up where this leaves off and goes with a new story altogether leaving this up in smoke, it can happen.

If anything here would really have a lick of a chance to make a difference I might sign it, but I know it won't. I just hope KotOR 3 doesn't disappoint me as much as this one has already, this series of SW games looked to be my favorite now I'm not so sure anymore.