Do you want KOTOR 3 to become one of the first FPS

KOTOR 3 as an FPS RPG?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. KOTOR 3 as an FPS RPG?

• Yes - The potencial is huge
    • No- Keep the same style
    • Maybe - Im interested.

Obviously it would have the same great storyline ect. Imagine it being like the Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. So instead of just the leveling up with more moves, you can 'feel' the difference as your character moves faster and learns new moves and fighting techniques.

So?

Obviously it would have the same great storyline ect. Imagine it being like the Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. So instead of just the leveling up with more moves, you can 'feel' the difference as your character moves faster and learns new moves and fighting techniques.

So?

I'm gonna say no...I just can't see it working.

God no. One of the reasons I enjoyed melee combat so much more than firearms combat in Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines is because of this. Although you could still fire a weapon in 3rd person, it made targetting harder.

Keep it the way it is. Or at the very least, make it so you can toggle between 1st and 3rd person.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

God no.  One of the reasons I enjoyed melee combat so much more than firearms combat in Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines is because of this.  Although you could still fire a weapon in 3rd person, it made targetting harder.

Keep it the way it is.  Or at the very least, make it so you can toggle between 1st and 3rd person.

Now that might be cool...still having the moves preset but just going into first person to watch your char pull of the crazy moves.

Deus Ex was the first FPS RPG. That's from 1999.

Thus, I hardly think KOTOR III being one would make it 'one of the first.'

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Deus Ex was the first FPS RPG. That's from 1999.

Thus, I hardly think KOTOR III being one would make it 'one of the first.'

Definetly. Deus Ex was an incredible game and no FPS RPG can match it.

Also, its impossible to implement such a thing (KotOR FPS). The game was designed to give you a deep storyline and characters which all have different ways of viewing things. This can easily be done in an RPG because you shape your character and all the NPC's personalities are more developed. In every FPS I've seen, there is no time spent on character development. Most of the time, you don't have conversation options (and even if you do, they are very limited) and the game focuses mainly on killing. I think turning this into an FPS would make the KotOR series a dismal failure. When I showed one of my friends KotOR, he hated it because it wasn't an FPS and I don't want to see FPS junkies ruin a good series.

Kotor focuses mainly on lightsaber melee combat, which would suck through first person. Though a first person option wouldn't be bad, and if the combat wasn't turn based it could be good for the shooting aspect. I guess it would be good if kotor 3 had chronicles of riddick shooting and stealth, and kotor saber combat

You could do combat in third person when using a lightsaber like in JA. I still wouldn't support it because KotOR can't be made into an FPS.

I think it wouldn't work well with Kotor. Okay, I haven't played the Chronicles of Riddick but I did play Deus Ex Invisible War being a fps Rpg. I like the way Kotor is now.

Invisible War wasn't as good a game as the original Deus Ex. It had more open ended gameplay but it lacked everything that could've make it a good game.

I think it wouldn't work well with Kotor. Okay, I haven't played the Chronicles of Riddick but I did play Deus Ex Invisible War being a fps Rpg. I like the way Kotor is now.

I've never played it, but the sequel is supposed to be a pale shadow of the original. Don't judge the FPS RPG by Invisible War.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?