Neverwinter Nights 2 or Dragon Age?

Tenjhotenge

[KOTORs end battle was actually quite hard. I didnt have any way to crack the tubes so I had to fight him 6 or 7 times. healing the same time as he ran off to heal.

Very cheesey and not the satisfying clash I was imagining it to turn out.

I know alot of people who said this battle was quite hard. He saved against most every Force power, and he healed himself all day long with the tubes. But I wore heavy armor, and was a lightsaber wielding tank with my Guardian character with a 24 strength. Malek went down like a chump on the first try.

• 2 weeks later...

So what you're saying is that because D&D has a wider variety of spell effects, and it's a slot based system, that means slot based systems are superior?

Morrowind uses a mana system. And there are near infinite spell effects. Have you tried creating your own custom spells in Morrowind? With each spell, you can target yourself, touch, target, ranged, etc. You can set effect variables, duration, randomness, etc. You can mix various spell effects in one spell.

And it's all done with a mana system.

Spell effect has nothing to do with whether or not you use mana or slots. Spell effects do not validate mana systems or slots as superior systems.

Personally, I rather like Shadowrun's drain system, or White Wolf's paradox system.

Cast all you like. And cast as powerful of an effect as you've learned to do so. But watch out for side-effects. Channeling massive ammounts of magical energy and bite you in rear.

Speaking of side-effects, I really liked Wizardry 8's magic system. Mana-based, and you could choose at which power level to cast the spell (the higher the power level, the more powerful the spell and the more expensive, as well as a higher risk for the spell to backfire depending on your character's skill).

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I know alot of people who said this battle was quite hard.  He saved against most every Force power, and he healed himself all day long with the tubes.  But I wore heavy armor, and was a lightsaber wielding tank with my Guardian character with a 24 strength.  Malek went down like a chump on the first try.

The both times I fought him (beaten the game only twice) I had an easy time of it. Playing a dark sider I absorbed the life forces of the trapped Jedi. Playing a light sider, I used thermal detonators.