so, how about Replayability?

I managed to play KotOR I about 6 times. After that, I attempted to play it again but I just got so bored of it that I uninstalled it. KotOR II will keep my attention for a longer time because of all the different classes, party members, endings etc.

I played it through once, with the intention of playing it 5 or so times like I did KOTOR I

But, I don't think I'll play it again at all.

I'm watching my husband play it some, and to be honest, this game just doesn't seem to have the same enjoyability 2nd time round.

Bums me out, I'd been looking forward to this.

I played it through once, with the intention of playing it 5 or so times like I did KOTOR I 

I'm watching my husband play it some, and to be honest, this game just doesn't seem to have the same enjoyability 2nd time round. 

This surprises me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I just finished my second run through...LS this time..definetly better than the DS ending...don't know if i'll give it a third try.

I just finished my second run through...LS this time..definetly better than the DS ending...don't know if i'll give it a third try.

This surprises me too.

I played through the original 5 complete times and 7 total attempts (lost interest at various points in the final 2 tries), and I was expecting to equal or even surpass that with this game. Hopefully it's just varying opinion.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This surprises me too.

I played through the original 5 complete times and 7 total attempts (lost interest at various points in the final 2 tries), and I was expecting to equal or even surpass that with this game. Hopefully it's just varying opinion.

I played the first one about half a dozen times...this one, while good..is just different. I'm kinda set on how Revan should've had turned out..So I don't really have the interest in playing through with those variations..and for some reason I just can't play a female character in a game...I'll wait for my fiance' to play through for that aspect. There's a few things I didn't get to do since I had little no skill points..so i'm sure i'll pick it up again eventually.

This surprises me.

This surprises me too. Im probably about half way through my second playthrough this time DS, and im gonna play a third. There are just so many options with NPC and things to do (dont want to reveal to much in a nonspoiler forum) that I don

Probably one of the problem is that people has played Kotor 1 to death and are bit bored of the game and even though Kotor 2 is new game it's more of the same.

I have played through Kotor 2 once as LS and started a new one as DS. I probably take a third one too, just to play as a femal. But that's probably it....

Probably one of the problem is that people has played Kotor 1 to death and are bit bored of the game and even though Kotor 2 is new game it's more of the same.

that's a good point, I think; and one of the things I was worried about. The story would have to be entirely original and immersing otherwise it will be a 7th playthrough for many.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I'm on my second go-around now. Peragus does get a little boring, but I look ahead towards the rest of the game where there are plenty of opportunities to make important decisions and to work on my relationships in the party.

I'm excited about being able to persue different paths (LS/DS), and different classes, which the original had. The prestige classes make for even more opportunities. Certainly there are prestige classes which match up most closely with your initial class, but eventually, in subsequent games, I'd like to start mismatching classes and prestige class. Guardian/Sith Lord seems as though it could be an interesting, and challenging path. There are romances to persue, there are opportunities to turn character alignments that aren't all possible on the first time through.

The game doesn't feel revolutionary, so I'm not likely to be putting all of these hours in this month, but I'm certain I'll be putting quite a few in whilst I wait for FFXII, and more throughout the year. If there is anything that truly impresses me with this game is the incentive to play through multiple times. KOTOR I had to force myself through the third and fourth times as I had accomplished everything, I believe, on my second play through. My memory is foggy so it is possible that I accomplished everything the third time through and had trouble getting through four and five. KOTOR I played through the first two times to get the two different endings playing Soldier/Guardian. After that the compulsion was merely to challenge the different classes, since Soldier/Guardian was certainly best suited to my hack'n'slash style. True to form I started this game as a Guardian. Even the compulsion of challenging the classes is stronger this time around, because I am intrigued by the abilities of the Sith Lord and Jedi Master if I play through as Consular/SL or JM. It is no longer simply a challenge, it is an experience which I eagerly anticipate.

I feel that KOTOR was superior in other aspects, but I feel that I will be getting the best dollar value out of KOTOR:II because I intend to log many hours with this game.