A list of RPGs in development

Shadowstrider

Console RPG types are on the list. Black-9, for example.

I originally included a statement:

"I've omitted more well known titles such as The Fall, and Vampire."

I suppose I could go through and put the more well covered RPGs up there, also. I still don't want to put MMORPGs up...

I would say that although I don't like them, MMORPG's are more RPGish than JA2 or Silent Storm though. (Then again I haven't played the full version of either game, so I don't know for sure)

More RPG, probably. It wouldn't be that difficult, since Silent Storm has no role-playing. However, MMORPGs are not my thing, so I really don't follow them.

Agreed. I would think that JA2 and Silent Storm come more under the category of squad based tactical game with RPG elements. Fallout Tactics was also one of these as was Freedom Force (and presumably the sequel). There are so many MMORPGs though it would deserve to be a separate thread.

By the way, Weird War I think is based off of a P&P RPG by the same name by Great White games. Just saying this in defense of the developers of the game as it was probably not their choice for the name. :)

Techland signs publishing agreement with Great White Games 2004-02-04 12:22

(wednesday)

We'd like to inform that Techland signed publishing agreement with Great White Games, the Weird Wars rpg series publisher. The new Techland's project is inspired by Great White Games books taking place during the War World II. More info about these classic role-playing games at www.greatwhitegames.com.

[ot]

try to move your cursor over the woman at the right on the inxle bard's tale site, and then do so several times. guess what happens? :)

[/ot]

i always thought that stalker is a fps, not an rpg. and what about adding jade empire to the list?

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I think I read something about Fable eventually being ported to the PC.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Dungeon Siege II (ugh... this still considered a game and not a movie?), Fable, and Jade Empire added.

As a request, anyone have official links to an Arx Fatalis 2 and Gothic 3 site?

I can only find unofficial and/or dutch(?) sites for AF2.

Only unofficial sites for Gothic 3.

There is no official site for Gothic III yet, although it is no secret that it's in development (and has been for a while). Perhaps you can put the link to Night of the Raven, the Gothic II expansion (out in Germany, fourthcoming translation), or just a link to Piranha Bytes.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

There is no official site for Gothic III yet, although it is no secret that it's in development (and has been for a while). Perhaps you can put the link to Night of the Raven, the Gothic II expansion (out in Germany, fourthcoming translation), or just a link to Piranha Bytes.

I'll just put their names sans-link until an official site, I receive.

i always thought that stalker is a fps, not an rpg.

It looks a lot like a regular (but very good looking!) FPS, but if you read about it on their own site, they, themselves, like to compare it to Fallout and Morrowind. Of course, we'll just have to wait and see until it comes out, but DAMN it looks good! ;)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!