Random Loot System....

In TSL, the random generator is just not implented right, which makes it damn annoying. At leas in FO, you had a 'Luck' stat which determined your random encounters. Therefore, finding the much coveted Alien Blaster was possible if you maxed out 'Luck'. Here, you have no control whatsoever...a waste of time either way. <_<

manthing2.jpg

What sucked is a couple days ago from a quest I got a double bladed saber, silver crystal and a solari crystal...and promptly had a power outage before I saved.

I havent been able to get goods like that since

I've played through the game twice and didn't find solari. Anyone found Upari yet?

What sucked is a couple days ago from a quest I got a double bladed saber, silver crystal and a solari crystal...and promptly had a power outage before I saved.

I havent been able to get goods like that since

I've played through the game twice and didn't find solari. Anyone found Upari yet?

Yeah...I found the Upari. <_<

manthing2.jpg

On my most recent playthrough I acquired 3 Bindo's Bands or whatever they are called. Makes it quite a bit less special to find when that happens. I've found Jedi robes very early, at Peragus, on the Harbinger to be exact, but I was glad because I really wanted them as soon as possible, and they were only basic ones. I've also gotten an Onasi Blaster, and the Prima guide claims you can find Bastila's lightsaber in the tomb of visions on Korriban. The guide also has Malak's lightsaber listed as an item that can be received.

On these notes of using items belonging to other characters, I really, REALLY wished that you could wear Nihilus' mask, but I guess I understand why it's better to not be able to. Just being able to have it is awesome.

As someone else said, I kind of like the random loot system, and kind of don't. It sort of adds replay value, though you're right about it being stupid to play through just to see new items, that would never be a reason for me to play. It is a pain in that you can never be sure to find things in certain places. They should have fit every item they made somewhere into the game, however hidden, instead of doing this random thing.

Everyone that's saying random loot is so great and all that seems to be saying so simply because the system has been kind to them and they have found cool stuff... Like many people mentioned a lot of the loot you find just doesn't make sense where it is. The system in the 1st KotOR worked beautifully, and I don't understand why people are claiming you can go get the most powerful stuff early in the game because that simply wasn't the case in the original. The most powerful items could only be bought/aquired at an appropriate point in the game...

I have a feeling the so-called "time restraints" caused Obsidian to be just as sloppy with loot drops by not adding any set locations where you find certain items as they were with the story.

I concur. <_< Most regettably, of course. I wonder if I would have liked random loot if it had been implemented more carefully. Perhaps KotOR 3 will tell... Assuming LucasArts wisely decides to milk its new KotOR cash cow and gets a development team working on it sometime in the near future.