Random Loot System....

I hate this new system! It makes finding awesome items all but impossible! Gone are the days, after playing through several times, can you go on the interent and ask where to find kickass items. Why is this? Because its not in the same friggin place! I have gotten the same stuff over and over again! I have even done the "save, reload, rinse and repeat." method, and while it does eventually give you some cool items, it takes four hours of quiting, reloaing, checking again.....I'm sick of it!

Thoughts on this new crappy blunder by the devs? :thumbsup:

while i agree this is a pain in the butt for finding the assome items the regular items I have no problem wiht. The one Question I have is for like all of the "unique" or "legendary" items, how can we get 'em is there one specifiic jedi we must face or can we buy them at any old store, just wonderin! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

My only hope is that maybe they programmed it so that after a certain number of times beating the game than we get the cool stuff more often or something...I don't have the patience to do the save/load thing and I won't keep playing the game over and over again for the hopes of one day getting the 'mega-ultron super robe 2000"...

I hate this new system! It makes finding awesome items all but impossible! Gone are the days, after playing through several times, can you go on the interent and ask where to find kickass items. Why is this? Because its not in the same friggin place! I have gotten the same stuff over and over again! I have even done the "save, reload, rinse and repeat." method, and while it does eventually give you some cool items, it takes four hours of quiting, reloaing, checking again.....I'm sick of it!

Thoughts on this new crappy blunder by the devs? ;)

Have you every played Icewind ale or Baulder's Gate? Also remeber replay vale and the devs probley wouldn't have put in half the stuff if you could get a jedi robe and the very beginning of the game every time you play.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

How retarded is it that you get multiple items that are supposed to be unique. I finished my last game with about 5 Ulic Qel Droma's armors and a few other items like a few circlets.

Nothing wrong with having 5 kickass robes, even though it may screw up some of the story but still........ ;)

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I like random loot, it adds to replay value and when you DO finallt get unique or special items it is especially satisfying.

Sorry, but going online and reading where to find the "cool" items isn't ever as satisfying as discovering them on your own.

Then again I am probably one of a few who actually read the stories of EVERY item acquired in game.

Anyone find Jolee Bindo gear yet?  Heh...

The Jolee Circlet, I think it's called. Found it. I especially liked the comment about Jedi and love... "Pulling a Bindo." :D That was worth the wait.

And I don't mind finding two Sith Masks... I also wouldn't mind finding more Jedi crystals - I mean the ones that have effects upon the blade, as in attack, damage, attributes, not the bloody colors...

I have to say that I kind of like the Random Loot system in the game and I kind of don't. There are times when I am trying to find a Jedi Robe or something and I have been looking for it for quite some time and I still can't find it...that is when I do not like it.

But it does add to replay value and makes the game more complex and more explorative.

The random loot system is just stupid and it doesn't add replay value at all! I'm not gonna play through a 30-60 hour game just to see if I get some new loot! That just riddiculous. The only thing this system adds is frustration! And what a waste of the new stuff they added in when you can play through the game several times and not see it! Just stupid....

The random loot system is just stupid and it doesn't add replay value at all! I'm not gonna play through a 30-60 hour game just to see if I get some new loot! That just riddiculous. The only thing this system adds is frustration! And what a waste of the new stuff they added in when you can play through the game several times and not see it! Just stupid....

Yeah! And whats with all these dialog choices? I'm not going to play through the game again tp see what happens if you choose different things! Just stupid...

Random treasure drops are the way to go, honestly. I remember the Baldur's Gate games, and, after your first playthrough, you could start a game and be decked out with the best stuff in the space of two hours, and it made the game way, way too easy.

The random way, you feel like you've really lucked out when you find something extra sweet.

Dracomicron

Hoary Veteran

Formerly Draconis, Master of Deception

Head ST for Demon and Orpheus on Blood Chronicles online chat

But then you don't get the coolest stuff most of the time and everyone is talking about it but you can't find it and then you feel bad but that is only in some cases. I personally have never found any jedi or dark jedi knight or master robes and that makes me a little mad.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Vendors restocking and getting new goods would have been welcome.

I'm all for the random loot system, but only when certain restrictions are placed on it - like any containers in the armory should only have weapons and armor, containers in the medical bay should only have medical equipment, etc.

Locked empty containers are evil :rolleyes:

I liked it for one reason.

I wanted to play with a Silver Lightsaber so I did the save, reload deal at the first merchant on Telos who sold a crystal until he had a silver one. took me 5 trys. Now if there wasn't random loot I'd of been stuck with something else.

I also found a set of kick but green Jedi Robes and matching Armor that allowed force power usage so I had two things to switch back and forth with.

Both TJ and I are huge fans of the random loot system. IMHO, if you dish out $50 for a game and only play it once, you should just rent it instead. With a random loot system, there's a bigger draw to play again. Plus it's nice to see what I'm getting as opposed to what my fiance is getting.

We also both love the dialogue choices. Compared to the first KOTOR, there seems to be a lot more, and some of the choices seem a lot funnier.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

It would be better if shops would change there stock once in awhile. Maybe getting your goods you want after awhile.

I'm not a fan of the system either. Finding mere Sith soldiers with +5 gauntlets of strength and dark jedi with jedi padawan robes is annoying.

The main point of KoToR2 is dialogue, morality and storyline. They should've left the equipment hunting for Diablo2 gamers. But it was a built in feature of the Aurora engine so I guess they used it.

Aight, but what if you're on your fourth playthrough and you still have yet to find any unique armors or the Saresh (sp?) visor or the three most powerful crystals??? Sorry, but if I'm on my FOUTH playthrough--shouldn't I have encountered at least one of these items in all those playing times?? This is the heart of what is irking some players like myself. I don't want to find uber-cool-super-robes the first 15 minutes of play, but I -would- like to have found at least one of them by oh say, the second playthrough. Just one cool item, just one. And I've yet to find -any- unique item in the game (besides Freedon's shortsaber, an iffy item at best), and this certainly isn't due to a lack of my searching every nook and cranny of the game environment over and over and over each time through.

So before you guys get ugly with people like myself and the chap that created this thread, and say "oh you just want to get the all the cool items early to make the game super easy!" take a second and re-evaluate yourself. We don't want an easy game, and we appreciate great replay value (we did dish out 50$ afterall), but when you don't find these items at all, even on multiple playthroughs, that begins to make me -not- want to play the game again and instead insues much gnashing of teeth. I'm a player that started my rpg gaming career with Diablo I & II. Random loot drops worked wonderfully, kept the game fresh and interesting. but the game isn't fresh and interesting when you never receice worthwhile objects. I'd be pleased if I could find the Saresh (sp?) visor just once. Then I'd quit my griping. :p I'm not calling for an end to random loot, just a revised version of it where destroyed turrets don't yield pocket change, :p and raiding the uber cool areas of Korriban actually yield something useful instead of a lifetime supply of medpacks. :p

You guys are judging the game only by your experiences. You're responding to a person's thread when you haven't actually taken the time to consider what -our- experiences may have been like. How would you feel if you were on the losing end of the random loot rolls?