Gamespot releases game of the year nominees...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12/14/news_6115069.html

They haven't released the actual "GotY" nominees, but they have released the RPG of the year nominees. The Sith Lords made it on the list :)

What's interesting is that Fable didn't make the list. Interestingly enough, Gamespot managed to give Fable a higher review score than they gave The Sith Lords. I think it's safe to say that they are very inconsistent, and their process of reviewing games is slightly flawed... :devil:"

Maybe just an oversight on their behalf?

But yeah, that does sort of make their reviews seem....lacking in credibility if a game that they gave a higher score to doesn't even get a nomination in their own year end awards.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

well, they docked KOTOR2 for last year's graphics (gave it a 6 ferchrissakes), and having the same issues as well (loading screens, framerate drops, etc.). Perhaps they underrated KOTOR2 and overrated FABLE, but either way reading their reviews says much much more than the numeric scoring.

that said, I hope this or SMT: Nocturne wins it! Both are absolute gems. I couldn't care less about an RPG with Mario.

well, they docked KOTOR2 for last year's graphics (gave it a 6 ferchrissakes), and having the same issues as well (loading screens, framerate drops, etc.).  Perhaps they underrated KOTOR2 and overrated FABLE, but either way reading their reviews says much much more than the numeric scoring.

that said, I hope this or SMT: Nocturne wins it!  Both are absolute gems.  I couldn't care less about an RPG with Mario.

I don't think that should really make a difference. It terms of RPG, one game or the other is better. The better game should get the better score. I guess I just don't understand :devil:

well, they docked KOTOR2 for last year's graphics (gave it a 6 ferchrissakes), and having the same issues as well (loading screens, framerate drops, etc.).  Perhaps they underrated KOTOR2 and overrated FABLE, but either way reading their reviews says much much more than the numeric scoring.

that said, I hope this or SMT: Nocturne wins it!  Both are absolute gems.  I couldn't care less about an RPG with Mario.

I don't think that should really make a difference. It terms of RPG, one game or the other is better. The better game should get the better score. I guess I just don't understand :)

Don't try to understand, just play the games you like and be happy :devil:

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I don't think that should really make a difference. It terms of RPG, one game or the other is better. The better game should get the better score. I guess I just don't understand :devil:

well, FABLE is an action-RPG, and KOTOR II obviously isn't -- that alone would divide RPGers into which method of combat they preferred, and thus what RPG they'd rather play. So ya see, the "better" game is purely subjective. That's why I always read reviews for content instead of shooting a glance at the score and sh**tin' bricks.

I don't think that should really make a difference. It terms of RPG, one game or the other is better. The better game should get the better score. I guess I just don't understand >_<

Don't try to understand, just play the games you like and be happy :thumbsup:

indeed.