The Storyline

Maybe I think I was falling asleep when I found Mandalore. :ermm: (look crossover party)

I have another thought were the Rakata the first sith?

Could some be found on more unknown planets and have force powers?

Are they on more then one planet?

Are there good Rakata?

1. No, the Rakata were not the first Sith. The original Sith empire rose up 75,000 years before the Republic then degraded and were eventually taken over by the Dark Jedi.

2. As the creators of Hyperdrives you can't help but think they might be on more than one planet.

3. There could be good Rakata, yes.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Q: Is the Exile Cut off from the Force or not?

The Exile is cut off from the Force throughout the entire game. She can channel the Force through her force bonds, however, acting as a powerful cipher.

That's not the impression I got.

How can a force bond form if you can't manipulate the force? How can two people who can't feel the force experience a bond? Why would the masters seek to remove the force from one who cannot feel the force?

The exile can create force bonds both with force sensitives and non-sensitives.

The exile carries with them the pain of the death of a world, pain great enough to have killed the exile had they not stopped listening to the force.

The masters believed that the exile was a wound, and empty void that would draw upon the force from others with a hunger, believing it to be of the dark side. The wound was created by the death of those the exile had bonds with, and the death of a world.

But there also seemed to be overtones that the grand scale of death created a loud noise of the background of the force such that it drowns out the force itself.

The fact that in some of the dialogue options with Krea early on seem to mention the force sounding as if it's coming from a great distance (hard to hear over the din of pain)

I think the masters were being arrogant. Certainly they've killed too, which contributes to the problem they accuse the exile of. Death is a natural thing, maybe not always naturally caused but it still happens, and it would still diminish the force. Perhaps they don't sense the force in the exile because the pain of loss drowns it out? The ithorian force adept senses the exiles pain, I also think force sensitives would have noticed if the exile was siphoning from them, the force bond could be likened to a power conduit and you can usually tell if a wire is live and which direction current is flowing. The exile however is used to the pain and can hear the force over the sound.

You can't sever what's not connected in the first place. The masters attempting to sever the MC from the force would have failed if the MC wasn't already part of the force. If the exile truely is outside the force, then they'd only sever the bonds in which case the exile could just form new ones. If the MC severs themselves again before the council attempts to cut them off how could they touch the force in the MC where they need to in order to sever the tie? Most of the other expanded universe that deals with the subject seems to suggest that they don't take the force away so much as they put blinders on the target. Again how can they see where to put the blinders if the MC disappears from their force sight?

If Krea were severed by the masters, and by Sion and Nihilus how did she regain her power? Or did she never really lose her power and just lied to the exile? How can two force stripped persons create a force bond if neither can use the force?

I never got the impression that the exile couldn't feel the force, just that the masters were blinded by their own misconceptions. Their own superiority which is what allowed Krea to get the drop on them.

Maria - I admire your wisdom and knowledge, and your ability to answer so many questions that I had. Still, it's not all of them, and I need to know more. I must also say that it is Revan and not Reven, T3-M4, and the Exile can be both a he and she. Don't bother to comment on that, I won't even care if you continue to address them the way I told you not to.

When I played, the Ebon Hawk fell down in a pit in Malachor. The scene is called "Death of the Ebon Hawk" or similar, and I don't understand, really. Everyone in it dies? Does my character become the leader of the Sith or what? He just lets Kreia die and then he remains on Malachor. Does he take over the Trayus Academy?

And what's with all the corpses on Malachor? I didn't find a single datapad to give me a clue on what happened there.

Most importantly of all: Who is Nihilus? What is Nihilus? What language is that which he speaks? Who is Sion?

Even with all this answered, there are still many questions left, but it'll cover more than 50% of them... and with your great knowledge, Maria, I know you can answer them.

Ok is Bastila a Jedi? Was she being hunted also?

I played where Raven was good guy in the first game. I understand if I played where raven was a bad guy she would be a sith.

First off, she wasn't a big part of the story in this game so they didn't really focus on her that much. Second, she was with the the Republic fleet, which would be quite a task to take down. And last, chances are she like the other Jedi were in hiding and not considered a threat by the sith.

To help answer Ostkant's quetsions

The Ebon Hawk probably fell, only to have Atton wake up his lazy self and fly it away, thats just a guess though, they do kind of leave that one without an explanation. Trayus academy is destroyed so no you don't become the leader. Unless you are saying when you beat it you didn't fly away in the Ebon Hawk and watch it blow up, but I wasn't aware that was a possible outcome.

All the corpses on Malachor were there because a huge battle was fought there in the Mandalorian War, it never tells you that on a data pad, but Kreia will give you its history.

I doubt we will ever know about Nihlus i would kind of wish to know more as well.

And Sion is just a guy who more or less a regular sith who fell apart but uses the power of the force to hold himself together. Remember Maw from Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2? Its him with legs more or less.

But the Ebon Hawk fell down in that green pit. Doesn't that destroy the Ebon Hawk? It fell into the green light, which seems to destroy everything it touches.

And in my end, my character just stands there, and the game zooms out through holes in the ceiling until the camera reaches space, you see a lot of broken ships and what not floating in space, and then it shows you some random part of the galaxy with a bit yellow/orange splash on it, and that's all. Confusing to say the least...

The one thing I was thinking about when Kreia said Canderous would changed his way?  :p  Did I miss him some where or was Mandalore Canderous? I beat the game on the LS female. I'm about to start over with DS male player and I would like to know what happen to Canderous

Kreia says Canderous is Mandalore if you ask her about Canderous in the ending.

But the Ebon Hawk fell down in that green pit. Doesn't that destroy the Ebon Hawk? It fell into the green light, which seems to destroy everything it touches.

And in my end, my character just stands there, and the game zooms out through holes in the ceiling until the camera reaches space, you see a lot of broken ships and what not floating in space, and then it shows you some random part of the galaxy with a bit yellow/orange splash on it, and that's all. Confusing to say the least...

Thats the darkside ending. Did you listen to any of the game most of your questions were answered clearly if you listened to the characters when they were talking or looked in your journal. The loading screen even said who Nihilus was and how Malachor got the way it was. Bao Dur created a gravity bomb.

It's also a no-brainer everyone in the Ebon Hawk didn't die because Kreia told their futures most likely the Exile went to Malachor by his self

You know one thing the game did that makes no sense. If the gravity's so strong that you can't fly a ship to Malachor without crashing why doesn't your character get crushed by the gravity.

You still haven't answered my question(s) about Nihilus. You say you know who he is, tell me instead of telling me to go look in the game, because I've experienced more loading screens than any living being on this planet, and all it says is that he drained the Katarr world fully, I know what they mean.

I still don't understand who he is. Talk about worst character personality ever.

Q: Is the Exile Cut off from the Force or not?

The Exile is cut off from the Force throughout the entire game. She can channel the Force through her force bonds, however, acting as a powerful cipher.

That's not the impression I got.

How can a force bond form if you can't manipulate the force? How can two people who can't feel the force experience a bond? Why would the masters seek to remove the force from one who cannot feel the force?

The exile can create force bonds both with force sensitives and non-sensitives.

The exile carries with them the pain of the death of a world, pain great enough to have killed the exile had they not stopped listening to the force.

The masters believed that the exile was a wound, and empty void that would draw upon the force from others with a hunger, believing it to be of the dark side. The wound was created by the death of those the exile had bonds with, and the death of a world.

But there also seemed to be overtones that the grand scale of death created a loud noise of the background of the force such that it drowns out the force itself.

The fact that in some of the dialogue options with Krea early on seem to mention the force sounding as if it's coming from a great distance (hard to hear over the din of pain)

I think the masters were being arrogant. Certainly they've killed too, which contributes to the problem they accuse the exile of. Death is a natural thing, maybe not always naturally caused but it still happens, and it would still diminish the force. Perhaps they don't sense the force in the exile because the pain of loss drowns it out? The ithorian force adept senses the exiles pain, I also think force sensitives would have noticed if the exile was siphoning from them, the force bond could be likened to a power conduit and you can usually tell if a wire is live and which direction current is flowing. The exile however is used to the pain and can hear the force over the sound.

You can't sever what's not connected in the first place. The masters attempting to sever the MC from the force would have failed if the MC wasn't already part of the force. If the exile truely is outside the force, then they'd only sever the bonds in which case the exile could just form new ones. If the MC severs themselves again before the council attempts to cut them off how could they touch the force in the MC where they need to in order to sever the tie? Most of the other expanded universe that deals with the subject seems to suggest that they don't take the force away so much as they put blinders on the target. Again how can they see where to put the blinders if the MC disappears from their force sight?

If Krea were severed by the masters, and by Sion and Nihilus how did she regain her power? Or did she never really lose her power and just lied to the exile? How can two force stripped persons create a force bond if neither can use the force?

I never got the impression that the exile couldn't feel the force, just that the masters were blinded by their own misconceptions. Their own superiority which is what allowed Krea to get the drop on them.

Maybe it's a one-way connection. The force is connected to him, but he is not connect to the Force, or it could be the other way around; He is connected to the force, but the force is not connected to him.

THe ebon hawk was destroyed when u crashed on teh planet.. even if it did not fall down the cliff, it shoudlnt be able to fly.. period.

Heres a bug for you, i foudn and ultima pearl on Malachor V... its a crystal for teh lightsaber but guess what, YOU CANT USE IT CSAUE U CANT GET IN YOUR SHIP TO THE WORKBENCH! WHAT TYPE A CRAP WAS THAT!!!

THe ebon hawk was destroyed when u crashed on teh planet.. even if it did not fall down  the cliff, it shoudlnt be able to fly.. period.

Heres a bug for you, i foudn and ultima pearl on Malachor V... its a crystal for teh lightsaber but guess what, YOU CANT USE IT CSAUE U CANT GET IN YOUR SHIP TO THE WORKBENCH! WHAT TYPE A CRAP WAS THAT!!!

Thers a workbench in the traya academy I belive

• 5 months later...
1. No, the Rakata were not the first Sith. The original Sith empire rose up 75,000 years before the Republic then degraded and were eventually taken over by the Dark Jedi.

2. As the creators of Hyperdrives you can't help but think they might be on more than one planet.

3. There could be good Rakata, yes.

@1

The Sith were primitive inhabitants of one single world (Korriban??). There was no Sith empire before the arrival of "exiled" Dark Jedi which happened after the foundation of the Republic. The Dark Jedi declared themselves as "The Sith Lords" and thereby set up the cult.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Nice post Maria. But shouldn't this be in the spoiler forum?

DarthShad,

I thought about that but decided since I was only going to focus on storyline questions this would be a better place for it.

You might want to put a "Slight Spoilers Possible" warning in the subtext of the title, though, as anyone not finished will come across some information that they might want to find out in game, and this is the General forum. :-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

To the original poster... Great post, just a few things I don't agree with.

he Exile is cut off from the Force throughout the entire game. She can channel the Force through her force bonds, however, acting as a powerful cipher.

This might be true running through a DS playthrough... But how does this explain LS? You actually awaken the Force in others... That doesn't appear to be the actions of a leech.

Q: Why is Darth Nihilis so easy to kill? ~ Why is Atris so easy to beat?

I was really dissapointed by the answer you gave.

Listen people, battle difficulty has nothing to do with the storyline. Just because the battle wasn't difficult, that does not mean the character is weak according to the storyline. How many RPGs bosses actually offer a decent challange? By the time you reach that point in the game, you have the best armor, weapons, high levels, all that good stuff.

The battle lasted weeks as the Mandolrians sent more and more reinforcements.

Sorry, but where did this info come from?

I seriously doubt that the battle was any longer than a day and a half (at most...)

How could either side sustain a battle above a single planetary system for weeks?

Remember this is after a long and grueling war. Neither side had much resources by this point... :lol:

I mean what would they be doing all that time? They must have had a lot of coffee breaks... :devil:

PS: Great post bye the way. Tis an interesting thready...