The Storyline

A quick note regarding Sion's awareness of your status -

The recording of the captain discovering that something is wrong in the Medical section also includes Sion saying something to the effect of, "Bring me the Jedi." This suggests to me that he might have been aware of the presence of the Exile onboard the Harbringer (and Kreia's interest in him), as I doubt he'd use that term to refer to Kreia.

One of the Kolto tanks is keyed to you (no doubt due to HK-50), so its possible that both of you might have been in Medical at the same time, and he might have seen you there.

Malachor V :- Mis-spelling.

Also, I'm not sure I agree that HK-50 was working for Go-to. Perhaps you've gotten more and learned more about Goto than I have, but his droid

(who IS goto)

said that the HK's under his command seemed to have just had a long-dormant aspect of their programming activated. Also, an HK-50 tries to kill you on Peragus - were he under the direct influence of Goto, he wouldn't, because Goto really wants you alive, and only alive. Also, the droids after that try to kill you, with absolutely no intention to keep you alive. Why would the HK-50 on Peragus tell you to sit down, stay put, and wait to be rescued - when SION's (captured) ship is the one that comes to "rescue" you? Also, you might include that many more than just the exile survived Malachor, and everyone left behind - save the Exile - was corrupted.

Other than that, a couple of things I hadn't thought of, and it's a good thing someone did this.

nightcleaver,

We don't know who created the HK-50 droids as that was cut out of the final game. :- There's little evidence that Sion was their creator.

junior,

Perhaps you're right. I'm trying to figure out why Sion played dead for so long. I have a game where I'm about to get on the Harbinger again so I'll review the ship logs and then alter that section appropriately.

Thank you for the help guys!

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

My own suspicion was that the HK-50 on the Harbringer was ostensibly trying to take you to Goto to claim the bounty (not working for Goto directly, but still attempting to earn the bounty reward). He has no idea that the next ship that docks with the station will be a Sith ship, even after its already docked. If all had gone according to HK-50's plan, you would have remained sedated until the rescue ship arrived, and HK-50 would have stowed you on-board that ship.

The later HK-50s might be more aggressive because

1.) they're counting on your Jedi abilities to help you survive wounds that should kill you (similar to what the original HK-50 did both on the Harbringer and on Peragus), or

2.) there are hints at various points that nearly all of the bounty hunters are somehow being corrupted (the ex-bounty hunter on Nar Shadaa mentions that the corruption is the reason why he left the guild, and he specifically identifies Mira as the only hunter who hasn't started going that route), and even "bring them back alive" bounties are being treated as "dead or alive" by bounty hunters, with the hunters clearly leaning toward dead, or

3.) the HK-50s' mysterious creator might have something to do with the attitude toward you. You receive comments at times that point out that they droids have suddenly started coming out of hiding lately, and that no one knows the reason why.

I never said Sion created them, but Goto sure as heck wasn't responsible. That they're somewhat in league with Sion is recognizable more than them being in league with Goto. Why did he SAY sit down, stay put and wait for rescue? HE also commented that Rescue was coming very soon. Oh, but of course it's goto. Sorry for being presumptuous as to say it's Sion.

Err, wait... I never did say that, did I?

The problem is that HK-50's advice makes sense regardless of whether he's working for Sion or not. If he's working for Sion, then presumeably he knows that Sion is coming to get you. So his advice makes sense because he wants to keep you from running off before Sion catches up to you. If he's not working for Sion, then his advice still make sense. He wants to keep you from running off on your own without his supervision, and he doesn't expect that the next ship that stops by will be under the control of a homocidal Sith Lord. He's expecting a ship that's come to investigate the distress beacon, not a group of bloodthirsty assassins.

After all, what are the chances of that?

The problem is that Sion never provides any suggestion that he wants you alive. Every encounter with him suggests that he wants you dead. But on Peragus, HK-50 goes to great lengths to keep you alive. If HK-50 were working for Sion, it seems more likely that he'd just casually kill you and be done with it. Its not as if it would have been that hard to do while you were in the Kolto tank, after all.

I have a question. At what point did Sion patch up relations with Kreia? The flashback video obviously indicates that they were at odds with one another. He cut off her hand, and barring a miraculous feat of will and theater, this was still Sion hating Kreia, especially the dialogue that leads up to her losing her hand. I don't remember him having anything positive to say about her at your next encounter on Korriban. Then your next encounter with him is near the end, where he has apparently had a change of heart and wants to prove to Kreia that he is most worthy.

My memory is not the greatest, so point out where I am wrong. But when did Sion have this change of heart and why?

I must say, this is a very interesting thread indeed. I get the distinct impression that some have rushed through the game and missed certain points raised here.

Psst. Maria, I've just noticed your sig. A poison tree. One of my favourite Blake poems. :thumbsup:

Sion did not have a change of heart.  He hated his master for preferring you; as soon as she seemingly stopped preferring you, he was accepting of her.... but NOT of you.

That's sort of the vibe I was getting from Sion, but I still can't believe it. This is the kind of behavior I would expect from a dog, or a small child, but not from a Sith Lord. That whole sad exposition at the end with Sion where he seems to say "You're not her favorite... I'M HER FAVORITE," seemed kind of lame, and I wondered if I had missed some major real motivation for him to act this way. Also, I would point out that even before Kreia preferred me (that scene with Nihilis and Sion), Sion didn't seem to care about her opinion as Nihilis throws her against a wall (and they subsequently strip her of her vision and power).

Keep in mind, however, that Sion is nuts, and probably clinicly dead, as well.

The doctor onboard the Harbringer dumps him in a Kolto tank, but isn't sure exactly how someone in his condition could actually be alive.

Sion might merely be undergoing a love/hate relationship with Kreia, albeit considerably different from the one that another character in the game suffers from.

I know I should remember who Coorta is, but his identity escapes me at the moment. Was he the crime boss on Citadel Station? I never really interacted with him.

Doh.  You're right.  Probably the one place I didn't sift through in my mind in a mad attempt to remember who he was.

I'm not sure why he's relevant to the discussion, though.

He's relevant because he was planning to sell The Exile to the Exchange for the bounty, whereas "whatever passes for law around here" as someone says didn't want that to happen.

I'm not sure what I need to relax about, because I was simply stating that something about what you had put down (very helpfully, I might add - didn't I say that in the first place?) didn't look right to me. I wasn't telling you that you should jump off a bridge for trying to do something nice, only that I saw something that looked like a fairly obvious mistake in a post that was trying to inform - not mis-inform - people.

And while there isn't any point in me continuing to argue, because the opposing perspective has been stated, if you meant by, "cooling it" that I should not even have said anything in the first place... then no, I won't cool it, because you aren't my mom. At least, I don't think so...

Would you prefer that I took this discussion about who was really controlling the HK-50 droids to another thread? Thank you.

The one thing I was thinking about when Kreia said Canderous would changed his way? :p Did I miss him some where or was Mandalore Canderous? I beat the game on the LS female. I'm about to start over with DS male player and I would like to know what happen to Canderous

The one thing I was thinking about when Kreia said Canderous would changed his way?  :blink:  Did I miss him some where or was Mandalore Canderous? I beat the game on the LS female. I'm about to start over with DS male player and I would like to know what happen to Canderous

Mandalore calls his clan the "Ordo Clan" as in Canderous Ordo!. Kreia even says it's Canderous Ordo. Did you actually listen to any of the dialog?

The one thing I was thinking about when Kreia said Canderous would changed his way?  :huh:  Did I miss him some where or was Mandalore Canderous? I beat the game on the LS female. I'm about to start over with DS male player and I would like to know what happen to Canderous

Mandalore calls his clan the "Ordo Clan" as in Canderous Ordo!. Kreia even says it's Canderous Ordo. Did you actually listen to any of the dialog?

I beat the game as a light side male, and I don't think she ever said he was Canderous Ordo. I don't even know what "Canderous Ordo" is, or why it's significant that Mandalore is him.

The one thing I was thinking about when Kreia said Canderous would changed his way?  :huh:  Did I miss him some where or was Mandalore Canderous? I beat the game on the LS female. I'm about to start over with DS male player and I would like to know what happen to Canderous

I beat the game as a light side male, and I don't think she ever said he was Canderous Ordo. I don't even know what "Canderous Ordo" is, or why it's significant that Mandalore is him.

So I take it you didnt play Kotor. Canderous Ordo was one of the party members from Kotor 1.