KOTOR 2 is IGN RPG GOY

I am glad to see that KOTOR 2 has beaten Fable to get IGN's RPG GOY award, but then again only NA has this game, so a potential 6.2 billion people are still waiting

Thus it seems kind of weird that it has the 2004 award and yet we won't actually even get it until 2005

Well that's life I guess

In any case, well done to all the devs! :D

I am glad to see that KOTOR 2 has beaten Fable to get IGN's RPG GOY award, but then again only NA has this game, so a potential 6.2 billion people are still waiting

Thus it seems kind of weird that it has the 2004 award and yet we won't actually even get it until 2005

Well that's life I guess

In any case, well done to all the devs!  :D

Fable was most certainly not an RPG in my opinion lol. It was more like Action/Adventure.

If Fable is an RPG, then so are games like Halo and Ninja Gaiden. Although not a bad game, it was too 'Fischer Price' in order to qualify as a true RPG.

- dr cloak

Fable not an RPG? How many action games have that amount of custimization? Its an Action/RPG game. Emphasis on RPG. Your actions effected the world. I found that Fable was a very sweet RPG. Short but beautiful.

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

Fable not an RPG? How many action games have that amount of custimization? Its an Action/RPG game. Emphasis on RPG. Your actions effected the world. I found that Fable was a very sweet RPG. Short but beautiful.

You're the first person I've seen that's actually commented positively on Fable without following up that positive comment with "However, ....." and rattle off its faults.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well I have followed the game for 3 years. Fable was a genius of a game. So a few features were cut. And maybe Peter Molyneux shouldnt have gone overboard but so what? I believe they are thinking of making a Fable 2. Which promises to be sweet. Im sick of haters bashing Fable.

Mao Tse-Tung

Well I have followed the game for 3 years. Fable was a genius of a game. So a few features were cut. And maybe Peter Molyneux shouldnt have gone overboard but so what? I believe they are thinking of making a Fable 2. Which promises to be sweet. Im sick of haters bashing Fable.

Based on the majority of comments/reviews/rants/previews/ratings I've read about it, it seems that stating "a few features were cut" is grossly understating the situation.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I can list them if you wish. The Dragon, Other heros, scoreboard, no gender choosing, smaller world, less quests, shoretened time, having kids, singing sword. There are a few others but those are the majors. The reviewers all focused on what Molyneux said and whats not in the game. The game itself is great. JUst very short and for most, easy.

Mao Tse-Tung

Its pretty darn sad that a buggy piece such as KotOR 2 can get game of the year.  Personally I think game of the year awards should go to working games.

Agree a thousand percent.

But we all know the major Game Reviewers are biased/subjective anyway, towards certain Developers/Publishers.

I don't really pay much attention to what the 'Critics' have to say, because in most cases, there is an ulterior motive involved.

- dr cloak

I can list them if you wish. The Dragon, Other heros, scoreboard, no gender choosing, smaller world, less quests, shoretened time, having kids, singing sword. There are a few others but those are the majors. The reviewers all focused on what Molyneux said and whats not in the game. The game itself is great. JUst very short and for most, easy.

That would be enough features for me to already dislike the game, had I been anxiously anticipating all of them throughout the entire development process.

That would be like the Sith Lords game shipping, then we find out we can only play as a male, only play as a Light Side character, there is no influence option, and the game is even shorter than KOTOR1.

That's pretty much what it seems like Fable became. A complete shell of its former self.

Its pretty darn sad that a buggy piece such as KotOR 2 can get game of the year.  :- Personally I think game of the year awards should go to working games.

You sure know how to make a dev happy. ^_^

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.