Component Breakdown Strategy

I was trying to set up a list where anyone can put any weapons, amor, items, etc. that were good things to watch for in terms of breaking them down for components. They might be items that are

1. not very useful, but yeild a high number of components

2. Cheap items that yeild a high number of components (this is probably not common)

3. Items that may cost a decent amount of credits but high number of components

Any input would be appreciated as at least for me the possibilities of Item Creation are endless, but the components are not.

Please keep your upgrades that you made w/ components for a separate post b/c I would like to keep this as an easy reference for others who are trying to find info. on item breakdown.

Thanks for your help.

The number of components received also appears to depend on your skill; Bao-Dur was able to get more components when breaking down items than my pc was.  I'm not certain whether this applies in reverse; i.e. if you have a high skill level, less components needed to make an item.

I must have a buggy game, then, it seemed that every item was broken down for 1 component no matter how high the skill of the character and no matter the item in question... My character's repair skill is 0 and Bao-Dur's is in the high twenties by now, and I still would recieve a whopping one peice from Mandalorian Assault Armor...

I must have a buggy game, then, it seemed that every item was broken down for 1 component no matter how high the skill of the character and no matter the item in question...  My character's repair skill is 0 and Bao-Dur's is in the high twenties by now, and I still would recieve a whopping one peice from Mandalorian Assault Armor...

Maybe this is just another 'version' of the bug which is that for creating items, in any case the repair skill of the PC is taken into account, rather than the one of the NPC who is actually using the workbench?

I must have a buggy game, then, it seemed that every item was broken down for 1 component no matter how high the skill of the character and no matter the item in question...  My character's repair skill is 0 and Bao-Dur's is in the high twenties by now, and I still would recieve a whopping one peice from Mandalorian Assault Armor...

Maybe this is just another 'version' of the bug which is that for creating items, in any case the repair skill of the PC is taken into account, rather than the one of the NPC who is actually using the workbench?

<_<

I hope not... I knew I shouldn't have skimped INT on my first game, especially as a Guardian. Crap. Oh, well, time to sell some assault armor and buy stims to break those down into parts. Not nearly as efficient, but what else can I do...

Some of the armor that I found last night on Dxun and Onderon was really good for breaking down. The main one I remember was the Ubese ? Suit.

The Zabrak pistol also gave a lot of components, and not as useful as the mandalorian heavy pistol b/c it is not upgradeable.

2 things I noticed about breaking down items

1. Put some points into Intel or repair so you can get a decent amount of components ( I'm a guardian, but with Czerka belt, and Skills implant I'm a about a 7 in repair)

2. When leveling up make sure a character is gaining high skill points in each category so you can create the pricier items (EX: Kreia: TRT INJ, PC-Dem, Visas: stealth, etc.). The main reason is the sooner you can create the best of something, you can do it and then focus on other characters' weapons.

Has anyone else used Force, Knight, or Master Valor before using the WRKBNCH. I needed one more point in TRT INJ last night so I tried it and I was able to use the bonus to create the implant I needed.

I encounter this bug as well. My PC has 0+7 repair skill, and <armor name> breaks down to 257 comps. When I equip with more skill enhancements (0+10 repair skill), the same armor can break down to 368 comps. It does not matter who I choose to work on the workbench. So, put all the best enhancements to PC when using the workbench.