To those saying they are dissapointed with KoToR2

The people around here are pretty tame about how "horrible" the game turned out, actually.

What you've seen around these boards is nothing compared to what I've seen with... a certain unnamed group of people about the internet.  This particular anonymous group goes hating and hating and hating on it, and even goes so far as too assume Obsidian was being vindictive and hateful to the fans of the original game.  No, I think a lot of the hating of K2 is pretty genuine, sadly... and I don't think it bodes well for Obsidian's success with this title, which had so much potential to far surpass the first one in many ways.

ah, haters will be haters.....I love this game. :thumbsup:

The people around here are pretty tame about how "horrible" the game turned out, actually.

What you've seen around these boards is nothing compared to what I've seen with... a certain unnamed group of people about the internet.  This particular anonymous group goes hating and hating and hating on it, and even goes so far as too assume Obsidian was being vindictive and hateful to the fans of the original game.  No, I think a lot of the hating of K2 is pretty genuine, sadly... and I don't think it bodes well for Obsidian's success with this title, which had so much potential to far surpass the first one in many ways.

ah, haters will be haters.....I love this game. :wub:

I am somone who thinks this game was rushed out the door in order to make the holiday buying season. Therefore gameplay and storylines were not completely QAd. I am not a hater, and if you loved this game then your money was spent well. I just think that for my 50 dollars the quality of the game should have been better.

It seems like several games have suffered from the 'bad ending'-syndrome lately. E.g. Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Sudeki and now KotOR II. When thinking about it, what games have had an excellent ending?

The only one that i can think of is FFX.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It seems like several games have suffered from the 'bad ending'-syndrome lately. E.g. Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Sudeki and now KotOR II. When thinking about it, what games have had an excellent ending?

lol, I didn't dig that ending! It was ok, anyway.....I was more disappointed in the Sin fight though, as he died in almost 2 rounds of combat. :wub:

lol, I didn't dig that ending! It was ok, anyway.....I was more disappointed in the Sin fight though, as he died in almost 2 rounds of combat. :wub:

It's just a matter of taste i presume.

A game like FFX can't have a happy ending, especially since the culture of Spira is build entirely of death. The music, and the whole finale was perfect IMO.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

the only things i didn't like about KOTOR2 were;

1. *spoilers* The minute Kreia came into the picture I said, "She's evil." I could see that coming a mile away. Also, since I knew she was going to the "betrayer" character, whenever we got into a battle and she was KOed I just wanted her to stay down...

2. The influence thing was a good idea but it really needs to be improved. You had to wade through the same options over and over to get to any new text. And isn't it odd that your character is thrown into this bizzare situation with this random guy who likes to comment on you being half naked....and you can't ask him anything except, "Oh, we're stranded on a mining station, I have no clothes, I just met you and have no idea who you are or if you're a friend or foe...oh what the hell let's play pazzak!" :wub: It just doesn't make sense.

When you met Carth for example, down on Taris, you can ask 'i'd like to know more about you'. I really like the influence but the game would have been better if they mixed influence and the character developement (dialouge options) were mixed.

Oh...and the whole Atton asking Bao-Dur about the female exile is very Han Solo-ish. Nice job with that. :D

oh and about games w/crappy endings....Lord of the Rings: The Third Age has the WORST ending EVER. It leads you on this Arwen/Aragorn kinda love interest thing with a Gondorian solider and an elven guard of Galadriel. Not bad! And then, with the addition of a new female character (who you met nearly at the end of the game) and some very weird plot twists you get the worst, most head-scratching, unfufilling ending ever.

Yeah LoTR: The third age was a downcry it was a fun game for all it was worth but with fairly set paths for your character with very little true freedom it didn't really hold alot of replay value for me. Perhaps with more time Kotor 2 could have been improved. The fact is the game is out I am glad it is if it doesn't live up to all my hopes so be it I will still think it an awesome game. The fact is most games will never meet players expectations then we wonder why developers don't let out alot when fact is you get a player expecting alot. If Obsidian had said nothing of anything new most players would have complained but I could almost guarantee opinions for the game while the most are quite good would be alot better. I was happy for the info but I took it at that wow could be fun but hey wait till I play the game to really see how it plays out. This is my opinion and many may feel different which they have every right I just felt like saying my view on that.

Your completely right, Sudeki pissed me off, and X-Men was too short. [Awareness] It seems you didn'ttry very hard on Fable, I did most of the side quests nd I still beat it in slightly over 4 hours! And if everyone complains about the linearity of RPG's I suggest Morrowind, that games never ends, and if you some how compleat all the quests you can just go about systematically killing off everyone in the game (good times, good times).

lol on Fable I know what you mean but you are talking for the average player not my own time thats why I said about 10 hours. The game is fun and I still enjoy it but its entertainment for a day while spread out this game could easily last you a week for a playthrough. As for Morrowind that is a great Rpg but if one could be taken to long that would be it. They allow you alot of freedom no doubt about it but they could have broken that into a few games. I do enjoy the fact in both Fable and Morrowind you can play past the ending though in Fable it is almost foolish to do so. The only reason most would even bother is if you wanted to really level your character out and also if it was evil to test the final sword. Morrowind I liked for the fact there wasn't really anyone you couldn't kill while alot could mess the storyline up completely you could still do as such and the game didn't stop you.

lol on Fable I know what you mean but you are talking for the average player not my own time thats why I said about 10 hours. The game is fun and I still enjoy it but its entertainment for a day while spread out this game could easily last you a week for a playthrough. As for Morrowind that is a great Rpg but if one could be taken to long that would be it. They allow you alot of freedom no doubt about it but they could have broken that into a few games. I do enjoy the fact in both Fable and Morrowind you can play past the ending though in Fable it is almost foolish to do so. The only reason most would even bother is if you wanted to really level your character out and also if it was evil to test the final sword. Morrowind I liked for the fact there wasn't really anyone you couldn't kill while alot could mess the storyline up completely you could still do as such and the game didn't stop you.

Hehe, Morrowind consumed countless hours of my free time. I still get chills thinking about playing that game with my first character. Good times indeed.

- dr cloak