To those saying they are dissapointed with KoToR2

I am new as a member to the forums even though I have been looking around for some time. While I have yet to play Kotor2 I have to say even if it is buggy and the ending isn't as good as I hope I am sure I will love the game. If you look at it honestly most X-box Rpgs have one of two problems, (My opinion only some may thing different.) the first and foremost is that most are just way too short X-Men Legends was a fun one but could be beat with little effort. Fable was an awesome game for the time you play it but you could start and finish it within 10 hours or less.

The other and foremost problem is a truly terrible ending and for that I am refering to Sudeki. I enjoyed the game it was fun as it is but that had to be one of the worst endings I have ever seen. (Not talking boss fight just the ending movie.) It was basically you won and things were as they were meant to be yet they showed nothing of anything different just that little story ending. I would have liked to see the characters and least living life in peace as you see in most rpgs.

Looking at Kotor and probably Kotor2 of course they will have their bugs but they give you more freedom and more gameplay then any rpg I have seen for X-box.(Some might argue that point.) Perhaps it was rushed we wont really know if it had been better waiting or not I just look forward to playing it and appreciate all the work I know Obsidian has put into it. Even if it doesn't meet my expectations I fully expect it to pass up any rpg I have played on the x-box. I do not say this to downtalk the ones frustrated as I can understand but I seriously think we should give the developers more credit it took from the old and added to the story made it more choice friendly. In Kotor you were led by the nose while done in a great way I look forward to a bit more freedom with my character and just general plot points. Thank you for those who read this and post any comments you might have will gladly read them. (I know should have broke this up in more paragraphs but wanted it all together lol.)

Thank you and yeah I fixed it a bit not perfect but it seperates points of what I was explaining. I have nothing against those who have problems with the game but fact is Kotor and am sure Kortor2 will give you plenty of replay value and it isn't something you can beat in one day even if you played non-stop. This series as am sure it continued is one you could beat countless times and still come back at one point and have loads of fun.

I know my writing can be improved quite alot actually but thank you I know there are errors but I am happy if my words are just understood and don't shorthand alot. I don't mind comments on my writing as will gladly listen to what others have to say. Thank you on the comments about the content as well. I understand reasons for feeling frustrated if a game has bugs but this game while the graphics are quite nice I enjoy the character development and story progression as much as anything I actually *view* in the game.

I'm a grammar nazi. And I make typos left and right. I'm dyslexic to boot, so sometimes I just transpose words, or sometimes type the very opposite word of what I'm thinking.

I'd be lost without the edit function.

You earn brownie points in my eyes.

As far as roleplaying opportunities, I haven't played KOTOR:2 yet. All I have is the feedback the developers gave during the game's production, and their track record while at Black Isle. They made some incredible games. MCA (Chris Avellone) was the lead designer on KOTOR:2, and is also responsible for Planescape: Torment, perhaps one of the greatest games ever made.

I've got high hopes for KOTOR:2 despite the ending frustrating people.

Honestly why they say it leaves them feeling unfufilled I think of it like this say it had been an incredibly great ending that brought an end to the story and everything. People would then probably say they wish it had left open another chapter so they could hope for a third game. I think of it like this perhaps they made it with the specific intent of wanting to make you wonder what happened or whats coming next as it may be a next gen game but they wanted you coming back for more.

I'll be honest. I'm a geek, but not a huge geek. KOTOR was truly the first game I ever put much effort into besides Tetris or drunken rounds of Halo. KOTOR was the first game I could just sit and watch someone else play and not get bored. And when I personally started playing, I was addicted. I have high hopes for KOTOR:2 (and I know TJ and I will fight over who gets to play first...) and I know I'll love it as well.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

The game is entertaining, which I find to be the sinle most important criterion in judging a game. Ultimately I have been pleased with my purchase and my gaming experience, but I have had a few issues with the game. <br><br>

Stationary should mean stationary unless the player orders them to do otherwise. I've had too many situations where a character that I am trying to heal away from the battle will run on when I switch to a healer. Another aspect I have disliked about control is that my characters will often run from one battle, immediately to a second when there are enemies that they can spot, yet still out of range. This quickly and negatively impacts the health of my party, and I generally find myself loading the exile with stims to take out an entire party of bad-guys single-handedly, or if I feel that I am too cheap, I'll reload from the last save point.<br><br>

I like the influence system and I wish to see it return, however, I wish to see it upgraded and made more true to alignment. It's odd when people with red backgrounds have problems with you killing innocents. As your influence makes your party darker, they should become more accepting of your evil ways. Handmaiden may be impressed by your goody-goody ways early on, but if you start to become dark, and she has gained respect for you, and you are convincing her that dark is the way to go, she should respond more darkly. The opposite is true for characters that you are bringing into the light, they should eventually get beyond their urge to kill everyone and everything. The system is a great start and I see some great potential there.<br><br>

In addition to the problem I just mentioned with the influence system, I would like to see it become a little easier to lose influence with your party members. I found my first time through on the Dark Side that my character being short and cutting off conversation simply created dead-ends in the influence system. My perception of the Dark Side, particularly the Marauder type that I was playing is that it is not terribly philosophical, so I essentially told people to shut up. Even if I might need to engage in philosophical debate with my party to significantly alter their alignment, I would think that constantly telling my companions to shut their mouths would cause for some significant loss in influence, rather than remaining neutral. <br><br>

Fun game. I gave KOTOR a 9.8 on my personal scale and I give KOTOR:II a 9.5 on my personal scale. The difference in score is really only represented by an intangible feeling I received from the game. I suppose some of the problems I've had with KOTOR:II have me feeling somewhat less excited about the game. Again, great game, I feel I have spent my money and my time wisely. I hope for a KOTOR:III with these improvements, and hopefully some more new twists, although I pray they're implemented a little better than the influence system. =D

The other and foremost problem is a truly terrible ending and for that I am refering to Sudeki. I enjoyed the game it was fun as it is but that had to be one of the worst endings I have ever seen. (Not talking boss fight just the ending movie.) It was basically you won and things were as they were meant to be yet they showed nothing of anything different just that little story ending. I would have liked to see the characters and least living life in peace as you see in most rpgs.

If you didn't like Sudeki's ending just wait until you see TSL's ending. :p"

Cheers!

I am new as a member to the forums even though I have been looking around for some time. While I have yet to play Kotor2 I have to say even if it is buggy and the ending isn't as good as I hope I am sure I will love the game. If you look at it honestly most X-box Rpgs have one of two problems, (My opinion only some may thing different.) the first and foremost is that most are just way too short X-Men Legends was a fun one but could be beat with little effort. Fable was an awesome game for the time you play it but you could start and finish it within 10 hours or less.

Looking at Kotor and probably Kotor2 of course they will have their bugs but they give you more freedom and more gameplay then any rpg I have seen for X-box.(Some might argue that point.) Perhaps it was rushed we wont really know if it had been better waiting or not I just look forward to playing it and appreciate all the work I know Obsidian has put into it. Even if it doesn't meet my expectations I fully expect it to pass up any rpg I have played on the x-box. I do not say this to downtalk the ones frustrated as I can understand but I seriously think we should give the developers more credit it took from the old and added to the story made it more choice friendly. In Kotor you were led by the nose while done in a great way I look forward to a bit more freedom with my character and just general plot points. Thank you for those who read this and post any comments you might have will gladly read them. (I know should have broke this up in more paragraphs but wanted it all together lol.)

gawd, I totally agree about length (FABLE) and endgame (or lack thereof) in SUDEKI (I liked Climax's ideas for combat, and enjoyed the graphics too, but talk about rushed).....but I love KOTOR II, and can't get enough. I'm not disappointed at all, and in fact, overjoyed to be honest. It's not perfect, but I don't care -- it's FUN, and I definitely expect to play it multiple times, and for many hours.

If you didn't like Sudeki's ending just wait until you see TSL's ending. :)"

Cheers!

I refuse to believe that -- the problem with SUDEKI was that there was no endgame sequence where there easily could have been, but more than that, it was assumed character development happened (?!), when in fact you never cared for the characters (but perhaps wanted to). The ending FMV was ok in my book -- but the journey as a whole wasn't memorable.

I already dig the characters in this game, so that alone is making the journey an excellent ride. I didn't particularly dig the LS ending in KOTOR1, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the game a full second time through, and starting a 3rd and 4th. I guess we'll see how it all pans out....

I understand might be mad but if it even shows a picture of one character it surpasses Sudeki ending. As to your comments Darkstryder I can definately see where you are coming from and from what I heard I would like to see those things better in the third as well. I do know I will most likely really love the second but each game we expect more think of the first awesome game by time people were done they were already to the point of what they wanted different. At least with your thoughts you admitted that you really did like the game and I can respect the fact you admit that even when you point out what you would see different. Any can post their thoughts here even if you have not played the game as I haven't you can get your thoughts out good or event he bad as to how you see this game.

I also have high hopes for the ending. When most pople tend to hate something like that, I tend to like it.

I will love KOTOR2, and I dont think I will be disappointed.

Heh, I was like that with Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. I like "ironic" or twisted endings. I laughed my @$$ off at Bloodlines' ending while everyone on the boards were complaining about it.

You won't like the KotOR 2 one.

Honestly hearing what people rave on the story up to that point I could honestly care less if the ending is beyond terrible. I still think it will probably a decent one compared to many but even if that is just high hopes I will love the game and play it many times through. As to some saying the final fight was too easy of course it would be your talking about using D20 system rules and even if you look at D&D a character reaching the level points we are talking about are near godly in most aspects. Of course things can be changed to try and challenge them but its also a point to let a player feel like they have earned the right to own in battle to have few worries even in the farthest parts of the game. The player struggles and works to reach such a point and its only right to reap the reward of your effort. I know many want a challenging boss fight as I usually do but if the boss is a walkthrough so be it that doesn't mean you had any less fun the 30+ hours playing the game and I would gladly start a new game to try a different path.

Honestly hearing what people rave on the story up to that point I could honestly care less if the ending is beyond terrible. I still think it will probably a decent one compared to many but even if that is just high hopes I will love the game and play it many times through. As to some saying the final fight was too easy of course it would be your talking about using D20 system rules and even if you look at D&D a character reaching the level points we are talking about are near godly in most aspects. Of course things can be changed to try and challenge them but its also a point to let a player feel like they have earned the right to own in battle to have few worries even in the farthest parts of the game. The player struggles and works to reach such a point and its only right to reap the reward of your effort. I know many want a challenging boss fight as I usually do but if the boss is a walkthrough so be it that doesn't mean you had any less fun the 30+ hours playing the game and I would gladly start a new game to try a different path.

I'm playing on Difficult, and I've run into some tough battles (we're talkin die and retry!)....

I think much of the complaining on these boards stems from the fact that certain people like to seem cool and rebellious by denouncing Obsidian and their game on their own forums. Ooooh. It's SO cool to hate what many people like. Yes, there may be bugs in this game, but there is much exaggeration around here. KOTOR 1 was pretty much the official Game of the Year for 2003, so people expected some pretty unrealistic things from this game.

I think KOTOR 2 is an amazing game, better than the original. The story is awesome, but I must warn you to not get your hopes up too high for the ending - it's a bit weak. If you expect too much from it then your overall opinion of the game may suffer.

One of the great things about KOTOR is that the difficulty is completely up to you - something not too common in RPGs. You can set it to whatever you want to get just the right amount of challenge for you, so you don't really need to worry in this area.

Anyway, KOTOR 2 is a really great game and as long as you don't have insane expectations and just take it for what it is, you'll have an awesome time with it.

The people around here are pretty tame about how "horrible" the game turned out, actually.

What you've seen around these boards is nothing compared to what I've seen with... a certain unnamed group of people about the internet. This particular anonymous group goes hating and hating and hating on it, and even goes so far as too assume Obsidian was being vindictive and hateful to the fans of the original game. No, I think a lot of the hating of K2 is pretty genuine, sadly... and I don't think it bodes well for Obsidian's success with this title, which had so much potential to far surpass the first one in many ways.

Clearly if you think about it the first game was lacking in many areas. Which if you add them together one could say it was a very bad game, but it had something that was dragging you to play it.

As for the sequel well, we the ones that have PCs will have to wait to more months to give out any verdict...

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom